Hotel Prices in Patong falling steadily

ExPratt

I've been playing in the Phuket over 40s 7 a side every November for 5 years. Normally as the competition is in Late November its best to book early , firstly to guarantee a room and secondly to get a better price

I booked a room for November back in May .\,3 days, 6k a night with free cancellation. I checked today and its down to 5K a night so I cancelled the first booking and re-booked. I passed it on to the rest of the team and it applies to many of them , prices dropped 15 to 20% in a few months

Any Patong/Phuket veterans have a reason , just lack of tourists or something else ?

They must be in a bad way because since 2009 at that time in November(3rd weekend) they are rammed. Rooms are expensive and un-available in many places. So I'll be interested to see how busy it is in few weeks. To be honest it doesnt really bother me either way , though quiet would be good , the football tournament is a laugh in itself

National figures suggest tourism is 10% down.

I would hazard a guess that Patong accommodation would be 10% more plentiful this past 18 months...

Nanai rd , as mentioned before , has dozens of Guesthouses for rent/sale.

• Like 2

I checked prices of my favour hotels in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan ,

prices are all up !!

Finally i booked with Agoda 2 days - 26-28th december ,

next day they cancelled my reservation , for this time resort

accepts only 5 days booking ;

So much about better conditions !!

Thainese: less tourists - you have to go up with prices

to keep income and profit rising !!

• Like 1

5000 baht a night ? Wow, you must have some amazing local knowledge to get such a cheap room. Mind you i have always been a big spender - on my first visit to Patong in 1982 my friend and I stayed in a beach shack for 50 baht. The owner called us cheap charlies when he saw us eating tinned fish and plain rice we bought in the town in the room. Sheesh...some people!

Three threads running now (maybe more). 1. Says Pattaya is very busy. 2. Another says Phuket is slow. 3. TAT says Thai tourism down.

If tourism is not down that means no one gives a darn about all the negative publicity lately. That being the case Thailand is ideally positioned in the market to be immune from any influences of negative publicity. Whatever the mix between high and low end tourism if the resorts are packed it is just right and working.

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

5000 baht a night ? Wow, you must have some amazing local knowledge to get such a cheap room. Mind you i have always been a big spender - on my first visit to Patong in 1982 my friend and I stayed in a beach shack for 50 baht. The owner called us cheap charlies when he saw us eating tinned fish and plain rice we bought in the town in the room. Sheesh...some people!

I'm loaded sunshine get over it , suite with seaview , Not a shed with no aircon and a barrel of water and a saucepan for a shower , Try it someday

Edited by ExPratt
  • Like 2

I was in Patong Last week and a friends mother was booked into the wrong resort by mistake, we tried to find her a nice room in Patong at the large hotels as she 74 years young but they were all fully booked....or she could get 2 nights at one then move to another hotel for another night and so on and so on....bangla road was busy even if it was Russian, Chinese and Indian punters...very few Europeans about...

I checked prices of my favour hotels in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan ,

prices are all up !!

Finally i booked with Agoda 2 days - 26-28th december ,

next day they cancelled my reservation , for this time resort

accepts only 5 days booking ;

So much about better conditions !!

Thainese: less tourists - you have to go up with prices

to keep income and profit rising !!

The dates of your proposed booking explain everything. Even a hotel which is doing very lousy, will still be fully booked during the Xmas/New Year period, also if they jack up the prices and impose conditions like a 5 day minimum. It would have been quite a different story if you would have booked for whatever other days during the high season, say like January 10 and 11.

• Like 1

I was in Patong Last week and a friends mother was booked into the wrong resort by mistake, we tried to find her a nice room in Patong at the large hotels as she 74 years young but they were all fully booked....or she could get 2 nights at one then move to another hotel for another night and so on and so on....bangla road was busy even if it was Russian, Chinese and Indian punters...very few Europeans about...

shit is going on,

fill up with low level with cheap rates,

and than they hope to get still europeans in the same hotel, where one pays 20 ,

and the european should pay 100 for a same room,

forget , soon or later, EUs will not visit you any more !!

• Like 1

shit is going on,

fill up with low level with cheap rates,

and than they hope to get still europeans in the same hotel, where one pays 20 ,

and the european should pay 100 for a same room,

forget , soon or later, EUs will not visit you any more !!

And when will that happen?

Hotels claiming to be fully booked quite often still have spaces available. But you have to go to the hotel booking sites, since these rooms were allocated to them.

Guys over 40 years old, playing 7 a side football.

Hes played each year for the last 5 years.

Pretty simple to be fair

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN
  • Like 2