Thai chips not bland and boring enough for Americans (VIDEO)

webfact

These are not chips, they are crisps.

A lesson to my dearest Americans, by a Greek.

Wrong. In the U.S., they are chips. Get a grip ... different countries, different usage.
Yep. You always have bastardised the English language .. aluminium is a case in point :-D

They are crisps. These are chips :-D

Also America SHOULD have better Vietnamese food .. you have more Vietnamese people living in the USA than Thailand!

Better Chinese food as well.

Better Malaysian food as well.

Better Burmese food as well.

Better Cambodian food as well.

Better Indian food as well.

etc., etc.

What do Thais like beyond Thai?

Fake Japanese food.

Fake Italian food.

That's an awful stereotype JT.

The restaurants past Soi 31 and along to Ekkamai would test that assertion to the limit...probably true for most of the rest of the country....but I'm sure Vietnamese dining in Alabama is quite limited too.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wrong. In the U.S., they are chips. Get a grip ... different countries, different usage.
Yep. You always have bastardised the English language .. aluminium is a case in point :-D

They are crisps. These are chips :-D

Also America SHOULD have better Vietnamese food .. you have more Vietnamese people living in the USA than Thailand!

Better Chinese food as well.

Better Malaysian food as well.

Better Burmese food as well.

Better Cambodian food as well.

Better Indian food as well.

etc., etc.

What do Thais like beyond Thai?
Fake Japanese food.

Fake Italian food.

Shortly Chinese Noodle with sauce.

My hotels offer tasty Thai and Issan /Lao food. My US guests always ask for French Fries, burgers and tomato ketchup... very unadventurous

I can eat all the Thai, Lao, Vietnamese and Chinese food I want back home in the USA. Not to mention Italian, Greek, Lebanese, Mexican, Russian, or whatever else I’m in the mood for.

When I’m taking my precious vacation time and spending my money to travel, I’m not going to risk another one of those food “adventures” that robs me of a day of my vacation in the bathroom. Been there, done that- don't need to repeat.

I’m going to the old standards where I have a better chance of identifying a spoiled chunk of meat on the first bite, and not after my little pinhead has gotten past the exotic local spices and fermentation that make so many Asian foods taste like they may have gone off a few days ago. Or they may be at their perfect state of fermentation- but I’m not risking another $1,000 vacation day on the porcelain throne by guessing.

Then I'm going hiking, or fishing, or canoeing, or temple climbing, or whatever else I came here for...

These Thai companies have a real cheek

1. They blow the bag up with air so you cannot tell what is actually inside

2. When you open the bag (not an easy task) and look inside it is 90% empty

3. The flavours aren't that bad.

But seriously they are the biggest rip off in this country - a bag full of air for 30-40 baht..........never again

I don't think they blow them up it's just the heat fluctuations that cause that. Like banana cakes etc at 7/11 or petrol stations, when they first arrive the packaging is flat, after a few days it bloats. If it looks like a balloon check the resale date. It's probably on the day (or after)

Chip bags the world over are inflated these days. It's done to protect the chips inside from being crushed. They are usually inflated with nitrogen to stop oxidation.

Potatoe Chips in Aust also, not to be confused with chips you eat with your flake and Dim Sims.

I wasn't referring to American food but rather American palates. Very multi culti and bland boring is not the thing. That article again was written from a place of extreme ignorance.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Following the link of this Coconuts contributor, his or her high quality content in the past 1 year 7 months, includes coverage of Hello Kitty turning 40, a cat rescue at Lat Phrao and a bland and boring take on Amb Kenny's last days here.

Yes, this piece lacks substance and sophistication but so does the majority of their readership as you can see herein. biggrin.png

From what you have written indicates that you have read your share of thier articles as well.

Think I'll go and listen to Shostakovich' Andante 2 Opus 101....... one of those European crap things that didn't emulate from America, and probably 99.999% of Americans couldn't recognise, if it was handed on a plate with chips, mushy peas, a piece of cod and HP Sauce, all covered in Malt vinegar and wrapped in yesterday's copy of the Daily Mail (oops - banned). If it's not American.. it's crap - not even chippish and crunchy, and doesn't you a lard arse... just not good.

That's some serious sophistication right there.

Speaking of lard <deleted>, England's women get high marks. The common point of contention arises once again.

The Americans would say the Brits are, as usual, following the American trends.

The Brits one up the Yanks by claiming to have INVENTED fat <deleted>, and the Americans merely adopted it, just like they did everything else.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-health/10863001/Why-are-British-girls-so-fat.html

Pls don't compliment, I'm trying to as stupid as possible, like a crisp butty.

As kids we used to have crisp sandwiches and chip sandwiches----------

Nothing better than a good old chip butty, with butter melting down ur fingers.... I still make them here ... 555

Now for the english language, USA always puzzle me (english is my second language), breakfast lunch and dinner, how about calling them breakfast dinner and supper, appetizer entry and dessert, how about calling them entry main and dessert? Look at the meaning of entry in the English dictionary.

If that puzzles you, wait until you get to England and they ask, "What do you want for tea?" giggle.gif

• Like 1

Okay, Coconuts Bangkok should have pointed out, that this was a spoof, performed by American comedic actors. I have seen their other videos, and they are entirely for laughs. However, I will say that I would take regular salted chips to chips that taste like rotten squid any day of the week.

Why shouldn't this "opinion" article be removed as a troll post? I would like to see what happened if a foreign journalist wrote or posted something this negative about Thai people, even if it was outsourced.

Edited by Lee4Life

I'd like to see a video of some Thais tasting these foods!

Another fun one, Americans eating some challenging Asian foods, though I really don't understand not liking DURIAN (though the durian they are eating looks like it was frozen and that ruins it):

Edited by Jingthing

• 4 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sophisticated food at your hotels cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Where did I say that?

My hotels offer tasty Thai and Issan /Lao food. My US guests always ask for French Fries, burgers and tomato ketchup... very unadventurous

And if you want the best Indian curry, head to England. Of course, you must order the meal in Urdu.

I'm not sure if there is a cunning joke hidden in your words. Urdu is spoken in Pakistan, not India. But I agree that the Indian food in the UK is excellent.

Urdu is also spoken in India but it is called Hindi, they are the same language different registers and part of the Hindustani language