Set Up Hutch In Bkk. Now In Cm. How Do I Connect?

adelwich

Hi,

While in Bangkok last month, I jumped through endless hurdles to sign up for Hutch's "wireless broadband" plan. The speed is terrible -- sometimes even slower than dial-up -- but it's nice to have an always-on connection.

I will be in Chiang Mai for the next two weeks, writing and researching. Assumed that I would be able to use the modem, but the error messge says: "Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain."

Apparently, this is a generic Windows message. Found a Microsoft document, and none of the troubleshooting tips worked.

I wonder if there is a different number that people call in Chiang Mai to reach Hutch? Is it even a viable option up here? I'm currently dialing #777. It makes sense that there woudl be a different number for this area. I mean, at the end of the day, we're talking about a modem here.

Also, can anyone point me toward useful resources for Hutch technical support? Their site is a nightmare to navigate even with a higher speed connection.

Thanks for your help!

Aaron

Thanks!

Aaron

Hutch does not have coverage in Chiang Mai!

So there is no internet access over there. Voice and SMS is available though through a roaming agreement Hutch has with CAT...

Major drawback of Hutch is indeed the limited coverage, basically greater Bangkok, Eastern Seaboard and a bit in the South...

http://www.hutch.co.th/networkcoverage/web...coverage_en.htm

Bummer!

Oh well. I would have signed up for it anyway. Was just hoping that I would be able to use it on this end of my trip. Thanks, Monty!

Hutch does not have coverage in Chiang Mai!

So there is no internet access over there. Voice and SMS is available though through a roaming agreement Hutch has with CAT...

Major drawback of Hutch is indeed the limited coverage, basically greater Bangkok, Eastern Seaboard and a bit in the South...

http://www.hutch.co.th/networkcoverage/web...coverage_en.htm