Online Stock Trading

wincen

My Friend is visiting from the USA and we will be in Pattaya for a few weeks. He needs to do his daily stock exchange donwload from MetaStock and do trades with Ameritrade.

Will a good hotel with high speed internet work for him. Does he need a proxy server? Is it safe for him to use a internet cafe with his laptop?

He says he has problems using a dial up even in the USA so he fears a regular dial up from a cheap hotel won't do it. I have to agree since I've used dial up packages (tot 1222) at many hotels in pattaya and found the connection to US sites horrible.

Anyone with any suggestions or experience with daily USA stock trading in LOS or experience using the metastock or ameritrade software in LOS.

Thanks

hello,

If your friend is doing end of day EOD trading then dialup is quite OK as all he has to do is download the quotes.

If he is doing much shorter time frames then it may be a little awkward - can you expand a little bit on what time frames and how many trades per day THEN I can answer.

I have just returned from 6 months in phuket trading futures/stocks via ADSL with no lag problems on most time frames (1min upwards). the quality of the internet connection was a REAL problem though - it was CRAP (I had true and tot).

Regards

Jack

yes he needs proxy server - we can provide it to him free of charge, as well as free internet connection during trading hours and even more - give desktop PC for his trading.

Just 1 quesion - what is his daily turnover?

I can't see why a proxy server would be needed unless the sites he wants to access are blocked by the Thai government...

Any place with decent ADSL (not the 700 Baht/month home variety) will give perfectly acceptable connections for any trading apart from scalping...

I have ping times of around 300 msec to the US (located just outside Pattaya), so I can't see how it would influence regular trading or daytrading...