What would you suggest for a single guy in his 50's

David48

I would say don't go to Thailand for that. Bottom line is you simply cannot trust Thai women.

And no...your girl is NOT different. Every guys girl is different (in their mind) which makes them all the same!

When you say "You simply cannot trust Thai woman" do you mean ALL Thai woman that has a farang in his 50 s, or do you mean ALL Thai woman period ? What about a farang in his 40s ?

Why pick on Thai women not to trust.

I've not managed to find any US women worthy of trust either.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say don't go to Thailand for that. Bottom line is you simply cannot trust Thai women.

And no...your girl is NOT different. Every guys girl is different (in their mind) which makes them all the same!

When you say "You simply cannot trust Thai woman" do you mean ALL Thai woman that has a farang in his 50 s, or do you mean ALL Thai woman period ? What about a farang in his 40s ?

I am not picking on any woman, period. I was asking "iapd". He/she said " you cannot trust Thai woman"

There is not even 1 reply to defend the Thai woman / wives. There must be 1 boardie that could chime in and say his Thai wife is different. Speak up.

I am not picking on any woman, period. I was asking "iapd". He/she said " you cannot trust Thai woman"

There is not even 1 reply to defend the Thai woman / wives. There must be 1 boardie that could chime in and say his Thai wife is different. Speak up.

You see Munger ... it's like this. I'll 'speak up' to shut you up.

We can't be bother reply to your tripe, your endless boring monotone.

But, as the OP, I'll take the time to reply.

If the 'Thai BarGirl did me wrong' story applies to you ... we get it.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get on with your life.

Instead of the constantly negative comments, start up your own thread.

Tell your story from the BarStool ... I'm sure you'll be inundated with commiserative tales of woe and helpful advice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

be prepared do discuss the financial factor right from the get go and be comfortable answering. many don't stick around if they don't have a certainty that you are well off enough to stick around when the vacation ends.

one of the first questions i get when merting someone new over here is 'what do you do?'. fair enough, but the conversation always follows the money trail unless the subject is changed and ghe questions are much more drect then jn the west. i suspect every retiree over here has answered them.

even had some who had doubts asking how money got transfered to me here :)

your going to waste a lot of time here weeding out this sort of stuff. and in your 50's i'm not sure how long you want to do that.

Finding one - a good woman - is, in my opinion a difficult thing to do here in Thailand. Being in the 'wrong place' can be an added hindrance too. Like Pattaya and any other destinations most Thai women see as places where prostitution is rampant and the men are in these places to rent their women by the day.

Tell a good woman you live in Pattaya, for example, and she will run a mile.

I discovered in my first year here that many women asked if I had been to Pattaya. When they discovered I had not it made a big difference.

There are plenty of good towns all over Thailand. I think people who are looking for a good woman could do some research into these other towns to see if they have what they want, be it nightlife, other foreigners, or whatever. Move into the town(s) of your choice, see if you like them and get yourself into some of the local restaurants / clubs and the women will often find you if you are there regularly on your own. The grapevine can work to your advantage here too because many women ask the staff if you come alone or with another woman.

I found having a male Thai friend was a great help too. We used to go out to clubs and restaurants regularly. Many of the women used to ask him about me. He was also good at vetting the women.

Even being outside some of these clubs (having a smoke) people would then come up to me to chat.

Inside, a Thai woman might simply raise a glass in your direction to see if you would respond. Next they would ask a member of staff to hand you a phone number, or ask them if they know you. Some who had a little English would come over on the way back from the toilets and start a conversation.

The point being is you regularly being seen out alone in places.

Just my opinion based on life before Pattaya :)

Go shopping meet a girl you like ask her out. The rest is elementary and 50 is young enjoy a few fruits before you decide tho /not 50 yet but creeping up

An ex of mine phoned to say she is not happy so many Farang talk she in the shop and say, 'Hello sexy.' She is sick of being pestered by people in the shop.

Sometimes it may be best to get to know them a little bit first.