Thai Lawyers Council: Curfew against migrant workers on southern islands illegal

webfact

Pure Racism.

Admiring nazi german Thais can enjoy their dark desires

which they did so much already with employees from neighbouring countries.

Just ask people from cambodia,birma and laos how they enjoy the thainess

JDINASIA wants to know if "you know the meaning of the word, race."

For stupid questions use google

Pure Racism.

I Google 'd and the answer was no, he doesn't know the meaning of race

Pure Racism.

I Google 'd and the answer was no, he doesn't know the meaning of race

Link ?

I think the Suri Thani governor is definitely on to something.

While he's at it, why not go the whole racist hog, starting with special buses for non-Thais. I'm sure most of us aliens would be happy to join an orderly queue, as we do at home, rather than having to push and shove our way on to the bus and jostle for seat with someone clutching a basket full of fighting cocks.

Frankly, most of the immigrant workers I know are not big fans of Thai squat toilets and would be delighted to have their own "Immigrants Only" facilities equipped with pedestal loos. If the budget will run to little luxuries such as toilet paper, soap and water and something to dry our hands I'm sure we'd all be very grateful.

Designated benches in parks and recreation areas would mean migrants no longer having to dislodge indigenous dossers before being able to sit. But best bolt down any new sea-front seats, to prevent their routine destruction by local beach mafia who blackmail us into hiring their over-priced rickety deckchairs.

I reckon "Immigrants Only" eating areas in restaurants would be a blessing. Just think - no more picking at one's food while desperately trying not to notice one of the natives at an adjacent table picking at his or her nose.

Segregated schools sound like a great idea - but if they could be staffed with at least a few teachers able to speak our language. Hasn't anyone told the Ministry of Education that English is the official lingo of ASEAN, which all Thai kids are supposed to learn by the time they leave?

I can't see a 10 p.m. curfew being a problem. The migrants I am talking about are mainly white, frequently long past working age and only too happy to retire to bed early with a nice cup of cocoa - or something else hot and sweet.

But guv, do kindly remember to ask the natives to keep the noise down, won't you.

Racial discrimination.... does anyone in Thailand know those words?

Do you know the meaning of the word "race"?

Well considering that the topic is about migrant workers which are of a different 'race' as Thais. Then I am assuming he does understand the word race as his comment is 100% pertinent.

The actual irony is YOUR statement which indicates that YOU don;'t seem to assimilate the word race with his comment for some strange reason.

You seem not to know the difference between race and ethnicity /nationality like your friend
Racial discrimination is the proper term in this case. You talk about "race", so can you explain why the word racism can apply for example to nations of Europe which hate(d) each other but are of he same "race" and sometime of the same ethny.

Many Thai are racist toward Burmese, this is racial discrimination.