US midterm elections: Barack Obama’s legacy could be ruined in one day

webfact

I think that says all we need to know about you and Benghazi, you are still rattling on about the birth certificate even that idiot Trump has given up on that one.

I think you're mistaken about this. It's a series of things which cause someone to lose an election. Each person who voted against Democrats (Obama) on Tuesday had his own reason(s.) Get enough reasons out there and the election is lost. Obama has certainly given people enough reasons and it showed.

Yes there is a group who don't believe Obama's birth certificate and it's their right to vote as they wish. It's a fairly small group but percentages add up.

Personally I don't know anyone who's ever seen an original, certified copy of Obama's birth certificate. Recently I ordered one for myself from 60+ years ago and it wasn't any problem. It came from the country of the state where I was born.

Donald Trump is a smart man whether you agree with his politics. He has been challenging anyone to produce a true copy of Obama's birth certificate for years and no one has taken him up on it. To him and many others, Obama has never proven that he's a natural born citizen of the US - a requirement to be POTUS.

Obama produced a memorandum of birth from Hawaii, issued a number of years after he was born, but not a real birth certificate.

So, while it's a small group including Donald Trump that keeps hollerin' no one has taken that group on and proved them wrong. And they vote.

Edited by NeverSure

I'll trust my instincts as a student of politics and make the call that the republicans winning both houses is the perfect result for Hillary.

Those are not "instincts" It is called wishful thinking. The "perfect result" for Hillary would not be more than half of the candidates she campaigned for losing their elections.

Time will tell I guess.

Not wishful thinking per se. I just can't see the Tea Party hot heads acting all nicey nicey now they are in the majority. I expect to see GOP members of congress eating their young shortly. The leadership is up for grabs, as others said. It won't be pretty.

I'll trust my instincts as a student of politics and make the call that the republicans winning both houses is the perfect result for Hillary.

Those are not "instincts" It is called wishful thinking. The "perfect result" for Hillary would not be more than half of the candidates she campaigned for losing their elections.

Time will tell I guess.

Not wishful thinking per se. I just can't see the Tea Party hot heads acting all nicey nicey now they are in the majority. I expect to see GOP members of congress eating their young shortly. The leadership is up for grabs, as others said. It won't be pretty.

Reversing the mess that Obama and his Democrat Senate has made is what the voters asked for. Obama is so unpopular that taking him on will be popular.

Obama in his concession remarks made it clear that he would continue to use his executive powers in illegal and unconstitutional ways. NOW the Repubs can stop him by impeachment if nothing else.

Repubs also now control the purse strings and can refuse to fund anything when the budget is drawn each time. Obama can't override that.

Repubs impeached Clinton and won the next presidential election and took control of both houses of congress. Read "won" however you wish. They still had control.

Obama is such a narcissist that he thinks he's above the law and the the Repubs won't do anything if he continues to break it. He's wrong. Obama is damaged goods and a lot of people who voted against him Tuesday are just itching for Congress to impeach him.

The idiot Tea Party you speak of - actually Parties were primarily responsible for the taking over of the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010.... The idiot Tea Parties you make snide remarks about were primarily responsible for stoking the Conservative groups and people who rallied all over 2013 - into 2014 ... and provided the impetuous for getting out the vote in mid term 2014... The Tea Parties are the little known engine that could -- constantly working behind the scenes to rally other Conservatives to then again rally non aligned more moderate people to vote... You guys just do not get it ... Liberals and Leftists demeaning conservatives and moderate Americans for opposing obama and liberal/leftist candidates only causes them to band together to defeat your idols .. .

Oh - and the Democrats were just pushed out of control of the U.S. Senate and Republicans added many seats in the House.. and the Republicans who did it were heavily influenced by the Tea Parties... Some day you will learn. Plus - remember obama is a LAME DUCK and will be until his term ends...

It's been pointed out that the Republican party has run four times against Barack Obama -- in 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014.

The two times the Republican party has run directly against him, in 2008 and again in 2012, Republicans have been routed in one-sided elections and gained absolutely nothing in Congress or nationally.

The Republican party has not only failed to defeat Barack Obama when his name is on the ballot, the Republicans' best guys have twice been routed by Obama (McCain and Romney).

The direct consequence is that the Republican field of 2016 presidential candidates is a collection of senators that were shinny-nosed high school class presidents, a couple of former governors who haven't faced voters for some appreciable time, several present governors who are sniping at one another already for what will be another Mitt Romney WWF knock 'em down and drag 'em out primary election season state by state, and a few other assorted loose ends that will flash in the pan only to go nowhere. blink.png

Good luck with that, Ted Cruz especially who looks like a mafia don, talks like Joe McCarthy and has a tinny sounding voice besides. biggrin.png .

News Break - obama is not running for president in 2016...

Where ever you may get your news from, that's very old stuff....ancient even.

The trouble for the R party is the clown car of R's I write about in the post that are running against one another for president. If you guys over on your side thought the 2012 R party primary slog through the states was disastrous, you have a political WWF tournament coming up beginning later next year.

It's actually already begun as the R's angling for the nomination are sticking pins in one another. By the time actual primary voting begins in R caucus states such as Iowa and in primary voting states such as New Hampshire and South Carolina it will be a knife fight. Then it will get worse, especially as the anti-abortion bleeding heart Rick Santorum gets cranked up.

<<snip>>

Reversing the mess that Obama and his Democrat Senate has made is what the voters asked for. Obama is so unpopular that taking him on will be popular.

Obama in his concession remarks made it clear that he would continue to use his executive powers in illegal and unconstitutional ways. NOW the Repubs can stop him by impeachment if nothing else.

Repubs also now control the purse strings and can refuse to fund anything when the budget is drawn each time. Obama can't override that.

Repubs impeached Clinton and won the next presidential election and took control of both houses of congress. Read "won" however you wish. They still had control.

Obama is such a narcissist that he thinks he's above the law and the the Repubs won't do anything if he continues to break it. He's wrong. Obama is damaged goods and a lot of people who voted against him Tuesday are just itching for Congress to impeach him.

You guys over on your side have had a free lunch with your bent claims Prez Obama "uses his executive powers in illegal and unconstitutional ways" in writing up the fully public Executive Orders of the president then implementing them.

You extreme politicos can't begin to talk about impeachment for executive orders unless the federal courts come down on your side, because with the suits now pending your side isn't looking good at all, not in any way. It will be extreme to try to justify impeachment on this issue while the federal courts continue to come down on the side of the president.

All your side can do is to continue flinging false allegations, make bogus legal arguments that are arcane to the vast majority of Americans, and to be consistently dishonest.

For instance, from factcheck.org...

Republican Rep. Bob Goodlatte claimed that the Supreme Court’s “9-0 decision last week was the 13th time the Supreme Court has voted 9-0 that the president has exceeded his constitutional authority.” But that’s a stretch, at best.

Our fact-checking colleagues at PolitiFact.com also consulted legal experts on Goodlatte’s claim and found it to be false. Tom Goldstein, publisher of SCOTUSblog.com, called Goodlatte’s figure “a concocted statistic.”

According to the spokeswoman, Goodlatte is pointing to nine Supreme Court decisions described in a report by Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, and another four unanimous decisions that have occurred since. Emeritus law professor Richard Lempert of the University of Michigan told us Cruz’s characterization of the cases in his report “is for the most part dishonest.” Two of the cases were for instance Fourth Amendment law enforcement cases, not presidential authority questions.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/07/obama-and-executive-overreach/

Your devil is in the details.

Along with other demographics that will propel Hillary Clinton the white house.

If she does run I predict the GOP will bury her with the Bengazi issue. I suspect they have been keeping their powder dry and will let loose if she runs.

Benghazi is a punchline of late night t.v. comedy jokes. It is a dead issue. If that's all they've got, I actually feel sorry for them. I think non-Americans don't understand the HUGE difference between midterm elections and presidential elections.

"Dead issue". Yes. I believe the body count was four, including one United States ambassador. So 'dead' is actually the right word... I DO believe some laugh & make jokes about it - yeap, that's the sorry sort that might vote for Hillary.

• Like 1

If she does run I predict the GOP will bury her with the Bengazi issue. I suspect they have been keeping their powder dry and will let loose if she runs.

Benghazi is a punchline of late night t.v. comedy jokes. It is a dead issue. If that's all they've got, I actually feel sorry for them. I think non-Americans don't understand the HUGE difference between midterm elections and presidential elections.

"Dead issue". Yes. I believe the body count was four, including one United States ambassador. So 'dead' is actually the right word... I DO believe some laugh & make jokes about it - yeap, that's the sorry sort that might vote for Hillary.

No one I know is laughing over the terrible death of Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

One political party however is trying to exploit it for political party purposes which, yeap, makes that Republican party a sorry and inexcusable lot.

• Like 1

No one I know is laughing over the terrible death of Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

One political party however is trying to exploit it for political party purposes which, yeap, makes that Republican party a sorry and inexcusable lot.

(posts removed to allow posting)

Say, Publicus, Your side lost big. Historically big. Man up and admit it.

How long are you going to keep moaning and beating a dead horse?

Democrats are, in the US today:

post-164212-0-06114800-1415307399_thumb.

attachicon.gif_z.jpg

Your side is definitely giddy and unable to see the forest from the trees, but I question whether your post as some sort of a reply to my post about Ambassador Stevens and the other Americans who lost their lives in Benghazi is in the best of taste.

attachicon.gif_z.jpg

Your side is definitely giddy and unable to see the forest from the trees, but I question whether your post as some sort of a reply to my post about Ambassador Stevens and the other Americans who lost their lives in Benghazi is in the best of taste.

Keep wishing. My reply was to your accusation that some are trying to "exploit" a major screwup by the Democrats. My view would be that at most some are trying to hold democrats responsible. The buck stops at the top.

Keep shooting the messenger. You're shooting blanks. Democrats should be hiding under a rock today.

• Like 1

"Exploit"? You mean "expose". Yes, they both start with the same letters; I grasp your confusion. Maybe your autocomplete is just turned on. I'll bet Obama wishes he had one...

...As opposed to another political party which has been working feverishly to cover it up. ...Inexcusable, but I don't think they're sorry - despicable rather.

The American people spoke just two days ago; their assessment is pretty clear.

• Like 1

Time will tell I guess.

I'm thinking the newt Gingrich era is perhaps a better comparison, helped Clintons popularity no end.

Clinton wasn't up at the next election following impeachment, and it was close too, with Gore still winning the popular vote but losing the electoral college (don't have a problem with that btw, it was the system). 20 20 hindsight was that Gore should have used Clinton more in campaigning, but didn't.

"Exploit"? You mean "expose". Yes, they both start with the same letters; I grasp your confusion. Maybe your autocomplete is just turned on. I'll bet Obama wishes he had one...

...As opposed to another political party which has been working feverishly to cover it up. ...Inexcusable, but I don't think they're sorry - despicable rather.

The American people spoke just two days ago; their assessment is pretty clear.

Again, no one I know is laughing about Benghazi.

There is a political party however, the Republican party, that is trying to invent scandal, from the IRS to Benghazi to the president's authority and power to issue Executive Orders.

The American people have heard everything about these issues at this point again and again, from every possible Republican party angle and then some. Show me the exit polls of those 38% of the US electorate that voted in this election that believe there's been a coverup of the IRS or Benghazi. The question wasn't even asked in exit polls, that's how much of a non issue each is.

Exit polls by Edison Research for the NYT show that nationally 2% more Republican voters went to the polls than did Democratic party voters. Incumbent senators won or lost by varying degrees from state to state, but almost every Democratic party senator up for re-election was in a Red Republican party state that had voted decidedly for Romney.

The Democratic party senator in North Carolina lost by 2% of the vote, the Democrat for governor of Florida lost by 2%, the D senator in Alaska lost by 8000 votes....the beat goes on.

Sixty-seven percent of R party voters who voted oppose the legalization of marijuana, 71% of R voters oppose same sex marriage and 84% of R voters Tuesday said climate change is not a serious problem. In other words, the majority of voters in Tuesday's election are not representative of the nation's electorate as a whole -- far from it.

Fifty-three percent of R voters with no college degree voted Republican, 53% of voters with a post graduate education voted Democratic party.

Come to think of it, the Republican dominated electorate of this election looks like a profile of the huge majority of extremists on the right TVF posters.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/11/04/us/politics/2014-exit-polls.html?_r=0

Edited by Publicus

I actually agree with this. Only dumb arrsses buy into this stupid Benghazi crap.

Edited by F430murci

I actually agree with this. Only dumb arrsses buy into this stupid Benghazi crap.

Only ignorant, complacent, naive, apathetic,fools have no problem with it, sort of like the stupid youtube video crap they were oh so willing to buy into at the beginning of it.

Edited by hawker9000

Hawker ... what the Hillary sycophants are not taking into account. Is now there will be Senate panel investigations of the events surrounding the Benghazi fiasco. With sworn testimony required. There will IMO be a smoking gun show up and of course wide spread publicity in the coming year about the awful event. Plus how it was mishandled and covered up. obama / Hillary supporters should remember Nixon was pushed out of office for the cover up - not the actual break in .. Same with Benghazi.

From the input from many hundreds of people in on line venues, the Benghazi incident and the cover up is what shook them out of political complacency into political activism.

When one is an obama / Hillary supporter the only things they hear and pay attention to are what their like minded friends and on line discussion venues say - which are just echo chambers of what they wish to hear. Thus the surprise in mid terms as to the huge magnitude of opposition to the current regime.. Cloistering ones news events to those that please you only brings on naivety.

The American public is extremely aroused about ridding the country of the Leftist - Socialist leaning leadership and are not going to forget what we consider six years of misery.

For the obama / Hillary supporters who think it was just a bunch of angry old white men that voted - good - keep thinking that...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/773873-us-midterm-elections-barack-obamas-legacy-could-be-ruined-in-one-day/page-11#entry8639000

Edited by JDGRUEN
  • Like 2

Hawker ... what the Hillary sycophants are not taking into account. Is now there will be Senate panel investigations of the events surrounding the Benghazi fiasco. With sworn testimony required. There will IMO be a smoking gun show up and of course wide spread publicity in the coming year about the awful event. Plus how it was mishandled and covered up. obama / Hillary supporters should remember Nixon was pushed out of office for the cover up - not the actual break in .. Same with Benghazi.

From the input from many hundreds of people in on line venues, the Benghazi incident and the cover up is what shook them out of political complacency into political activism.

When one is an obama / Hillary supporter the only things they hear and pay attention to are what their like minded friends and on line discussion venues say - which are just echo chambers of what they wish to hear. Thus the surprise in mid terms as to the huge magnitude of opposition to the current regime.. Cloistering ones news events to those that please you only brings on naivety.

The American public is extremely aroused about ridding the country of the Leftist - Socialist leaning leadership and are not going to forget what we consider six years of misery.

For the obama / Hillary supporters who think it was just a bunch of angry old white men that voted - good - keep thinking that...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/773873-us-midterm-elections-barack-obamas-legacy-could-be-ruined-in-one-day/page-11#entry8639000

don't think there are going to be too many republican presidential cantidates wanting an enquiry going on, stealing their airtime, while they are trying to win primaries. We will see I guess...

don't think there are going to be too many republican presidential cantidates wanting an enquiry going on, stealing their airtime, while they are trying to win primaries. We will see I guess...

don't see that at all... Only a third of the Senate is up for re-election in 2016, and I think many of the Rs will be trying to prove their worth in having confronted or stood up to Obama and all his scandal-ridden ride-alongs, most definitely including Hillary.

Completely agree that Senate panel investigations can add a whole new dimension of, emm, "transparency" to these many cover-ups, if pursued vigorously. Democrats in the House & Senate will be harder pressed to do what they've been doing, which is to simply repeat the increasingly tired, worn and lame party line that it's all just "exploitation for political gain", heard even hereabouts, but which was strangely missing from the 2014 election campaigns (as was any reference at all to the no-longer-so-dear leader Obama, actually).

• Like 1

Benghazi is a Fox News Angry White Man issue only. Like they would EVER vote for Hillary. No other demographic cares about it because it's an overblown FAKE scandal.

Sure. Fake scandal. The Ambassador is still alive and Obama, Hillary and Susan Rice were telling the same fallacious story for days about the "spontaneous demonstration" caused by a YouTube video, even though everyone in the intelligence community knew within hours that it was a planned terrorist attack. No COVER UP there. rolleyes.gif

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/

What I still find incredulous is that the only one who went to jail in the whole affair was the guy who produced the video that the state department tried to blame the whole affair on!

post-135557-0-82537000-1415333512_thumb.

• Like 2

While the other political party lied about it to the world for political purposes.

The truth needs to come out and the public needs to be informed what happened there and why.

This one single day in 2012 will destroy Obama's legacy as much as losing the remaining House of Congress in a landslide election did on Tuesday.

• Like 2

Seize the day, control the agenda

The defeat — “a massacre,” the Economist called it — marks the final collapse of Obamaism, a species of left liberalism so intrusive, so incompetently executed and ultimately so unpopular that it will be seen as a parenthesis in American political history. Notwithstanding Obama’s awkward denials at his next-day news conference, he himself defined the election when he insisted just last month that “these [i.e. his] policies are on the ballot — every single one of them.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-seize-the-day-control-the-agenda/2014/11/06/35af2aa6-65f9-11e4-bb14-4cfea1e742d5_story.html

• Like 1

Republican bosses: We WILL repeal Obamacare. McConnell and Boehner promise showdown with White House over lame duck president's key policy

• A few Senate Democrats would need to break ranks and vote with the GOP in order to make repeal possible
  • Conservatives could oppose McConnell's leadership in the Senate if he doesn't take a harder line on issue like Obamacare and immigration reform
  • GOP leaders said Wednesday the new Congress would authorize the Keystone pipeline and send a slew of jobs bils to the president

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2823649/Republican-bosses-repeal-Obamacare-McConnell-Boehner-promise-showdown-White-House-lame-duck-president-s-key-policy.html

It's morning in America but only for the daffy right wing true believers who are giddy with their election good fortune and their early morning OTT grand plans right beside their grandiose dreams.

By noontime however (i.e. next spring) the R's in the House with their Select Committee on Benghazi will be lunching alone. By dinnertime (early fall), R party candidates for president will be dodging and ducking the R House inquisition which anyway shall have faded.

According to the AP, there have been 13 different investigations by the House into Benghazi which have produced 25,000 pages of documents. beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Clinton supporters launch counterattack on Benghazi claims

A Clinton spokesman responded quickly to the story released Monday, calling it "patently false," and a group helping with the former secretary of state's communications and rapid response mobilized an entire communications strategy, website and talking points around the issue.

The strategy has a directness that has not always been seen from Clinton aides and affiliated groups, which have generally waited for a story to fully emerge before taking it on

"Those who insist on politicizing the tragedy will have to do so without me," Clinton wrote in her book of memoirs of her tenure as secretary of state, thus making clear she would not participate further in any GOP led Benghazi hearings.

http://anooza.com/article/news/politics/clinton-supporters-launch-counterattack-on-benghazi-claims

“The Benghazi Hoax,

http://benghazicommittee.com

benghazi-screen-shot.png?w=1000&h=761

New Benghazi Investigation Spooks GOP Leaders It’s not just the Democrats who are opposed to a new select committee looking into the Benghazi attacks. Many top Republicans are uneasy, too. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/14/new-benghazi-investigation-spooks-gop-
US Embassies & consulates attacked under Bush:
June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.
February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Truck bomb kills 17.
February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.
July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
Suicide bomber kills two.
December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.
March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomat directly targeted by the assailants.
September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria
Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.
January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.
July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.
March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls' school instead.
September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.
The University of Maryland database also lists 64 attacks on American diplomatic targets during the George W. Bush administration.
Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

He is a good President and a descent person.

I hope the USA people would recognise that and give him the control of the Senate and the House of Representatives.

Honour your good people.

Obama has been the worst President over the past 20-years and those who can't see it you have blinders on!

Obama has retracted his statement(s) more times than any other Presidents; i.e. Obamacare - premium costs would not go up and individual policies would not be cancelled.

Obama has increased the benefits given to the lower-class at the expense of the middle-class.

As the President and the top USG official, he micro-manages into topics that he should not. He has cabinet staff and should use them.

Obama has ruined US relations with US allies is unable to negotiate with others because it's his way or no way.

Lastly, he is arrogant as hell and will go down as the worst President of all times (even worst than Nixon-who was impeached or Clinton-who had sex in the oval office and denied it).

Lots of Fox News fans here

Why don't you point out with factual information where the posters are right or wrong as opposed to a general condemnation of their source. I for one never watch Fox because it is not on Truevisions , I'm a BBC man all the way.

It is fact that in five of the last six presidential elections the Democrat got more votes than the Republican did and that the Republican party will try or do anything short of murder to halt this increasing trend in 2016, and that the R party will again fail.

It is understandable that as we post several daze after the election Republicans and other white bread are as filled with helium as Ted Cruz's voice while the R's in and outside of the US look like Charlie Brown with his feet dancing while they are suspended off the ground..

The past six Republican party nominees for president have indeed been Charlie Brown because they invariably ended up on their &lt;deleted&gt; as Lucy every time has pulled the football out from under and in front of each one of them.

The present clown car of the R party half-dozen perspirants for the presidency are already jabbing, poking, slapping one another so things just aren't going to get any better for the party of fratricide and cheerful intransigence.