Forum upgrade in progress! ×

US midterm elections: Barack Obama’s legacy could be ruined in one day

webfact

Honestly, I'm pretty depressed about this. Imagine what the results would have been if the USA had MANDATORY voting like more sensible nations like Australia? Instead we have a major party where one the biggest part of their strategy is to SUPPRESS voting. Democracy indeed.

You bring out a good point only in a nanny state or among a nanny party would you have to force people to vote. Countries with adult responsible citizens like the UK, Germany and the USA leave the decision to vote or not up to the individual.

• Like 2

To show how strong the Republican Tsunami is ...

Mia Love in Utah makes history, becomes first African American Republican Woman elected to US Congress.

They are learning that the Liberal Democrat Plantation owners have been abusing them.

The fact is she's a rich white conservative Republican's ranch house Negro., same as Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court who comes from Georgia which remains a plantation state.

Pretty blatant racism. It seems that you think that black people are too stupid to make up their own minds about politics and are required to agree with yours.

Yep, what a two face POS racist comment. He is effectively asserting "I am a champion of equal rights that are color blind, but if you advocate a different view you are just a lowly plantation megro." Wiw, true colors come shinning through.

• Like 2

Mia Love in Utah makes history, becomes first African American Republican Woman elected to US Congress.

They are learning that the Liberal Democrat Plantation owners have been abusing them.

The fact is she's a rich white conservative Republican's ranch house Negro., same as Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court who comes from Georgia which remains a plantation state.

Pretty blatant racism. It seems that you think that black people are too stupid to make up their own minds about politics and are required to agree with yours.

I spoke of two people only, yet you pronounced that I've condemned an entire race and for generations besides. The post is OTT.

Black Americans do think for themselves and as with Hispanic Americans, gays, single women, lawyers and a number of identifiable voting groups, vote democratic. That is their considered decision. Nothing stupid about it.

Another guy who's sure he's clever said something about the plantation system that had created slavery, so I popped him, that's all....smile.png

Yep, what a two face POS racist comment. He is effectively asserting "I am a champion of equal rights that are color blind, but if you advocate a different view you are just a lowly plantation megro." Wiw, true colors come shinning through.

You try to put words in my mouth and that is illegitimate. Speak your own thoughts and feelings. Don't presume or pretend to be me or to say things I never said or wouldn't ever say.

I said the woman elected to Congress as a Republican, mentioned by a poster in his post, is the house negro of rich conservative old white Republican men, which is a reference to the plantation system of the U.S. South and the slavery it created there. That is what I said.

Edited by Publicus

Honestly, I'm pretty depressed about this. Imagine what the results would have been if the USA had MANDATORY voting like more sensible nations like Australia? Instead we have a major party where one the biggest part of their strategy is to SUPPRESS voting. Democracy indeed.

You bring out a good point only in a nanny state or among a nanny party would you have to force people to vote. Countries with adult responsible citizens like the UK, Germany and the USA leave the decision to vote or not up to the individual.

RE: Jungthing'd statements

Interesting how the bizarre beliefs began to percolate to the top when some don't get their way.

I have several deeply held core liberal beliefs and definitely get an uneasy feeling whenever Republicans take control, but mandatory voting??? C'mon. First off, the Republican party would benefit by such a notion. Most of the nation's population, including a large portion of the educated democrats, are sickened by Obama and most of what he has done. The very vocal minority that supports him are the hand-out and entitlement people who benefit from the hand-out and entitlement programs.

If you want to have mandatory voting rules, how about only educated individuals with IQs above double digits vote? How about only tax paying, not benefit receiving, hard working citizens vote? Shouldn't people actually paying taxes have the decision as to how their tax dollars are spent!

Bill Clinton is my favorite president. Hillary comes across as an out of touch, spaced out idiot. I wanted her in prior elections, but no more. I don't even think she can get the Democrat nod as their candidate, much less come close to winning the nation's vote for president.

Jingthing apparently fails to realize that woman are not going to just vote for her because she is a woman. Woman are actually smart enough to vote for the best candidate without regard to the candidate's gender.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 2

You try to put words in my mouth and that is illegitimate. Speak your own thoughts and feelings. Don't presume or pretend to be me or to say things I never said or wouldn't ever say.

I said the woman elected to Congress as a Republican, mentioned by a poster in his post, is the house negro of rich conservative old white Republican men, which is a reference to the plantation system of the U.S. South and the slavery it created there. That is what I said.

You called her a "ranch house negro." Those were your words, not something I put in your mouth. True colors came through and now you want to blame me for your pathetic racist statement when things don't go your way.

Hmmmm, sounds a bit like the lower rung, bottom of the barrel, give me had-outs, entitlement mentality that resort to to the race card and constantly blame others when things don't go their way.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

He is a good President and a descent person.

I hope the USA people would recognise that and give him the control of the Senate and the House of Representatives.

Honour your good people.

Are you on drugs? In my book, and the "books" of a few million others, this POS is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Presidency, or the US for that matter. This jerk spends more time on a golf course than in the Oval Office, and has done just about everything he can to disrespect and dishonor ALL American service men & women and veterans. He has done his best to destroy the American Constitution, and uses his "Executive Orders" to totally bypass Congress whenever he feels like it. And if Obama Care is soooo good, why isn't he on it? If the guy dropped dead tomorrow, the only tear I would shed is the one over the fact that it didn't happen sooner.

I am surprised to see such passionate Bush-bashing 6 years after his term ended. I agree with almost every point you made, GW Bush is guilty of all of those things and much more. Unfortunately, it seems you haven't the foggiest idea what has happened in the USA in the years since.

There is another young Republican lady that got elected today.

Elise Stefanik won election to the House of Representatives from the 21st District of New York.

She is the youngest woman ever elected to the House of Representatives and was elected with over 55% of the vote.

War against women??? Hardly.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The rednecks are out in full force the past 48 hours but they're fooling only themselves.

Once again, demonstrating to racist name calling when you don't get your way. You are using the term "redneck" in a derogatory reverse racist manner.

News flash, people like me don't have to be a racist or a "redneck" to be thoroughly disappointed with the actions of Obama and the direction he has taken this country in the last two years. It's called intelligent, objective thinking without regard to racial or political lines.

Congratulations! Be careful though not to break your arm patting yourself on the back.

And don't get your neck in a twist or stick it out too far. laugh.png

The rednecks are out in full force the past 48 hours but they're fooling only themselves.

You can't spin your way out of that post.

If you were ever, as you claim, a federal investigator for civil rights violations, what report would you have made to your government bosses if I had made it during an employment process? Would I now be under investigation for civil rights violations?

The post was despicable and your attempts to turn it on everybody else are laughable.

Those were your words and they were wrong.

Somebody gave you some good advice earlier. Put the shovel down and stop digging.

I stand by the post 100% from the moment I posted it to now and going forward. I made the post, I stand by the post. Others cannot however try to put words in my mouth concerning the post. A too clever by a half poster mentioned the plantation system of the Old Confederacy which brought slavery to the U.S. so he got a necessary and due political wuppin'

Neither does the Constitution of the United States apply here. My post was made to a world news open discussion forum of personal opinion, experience, adventure, here in Asia. Deal with it. wink.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Congratulations! Be careful though not to break your arm patting yourself on the back.

And don't get your neck in a twist or stick it out too far. laugh.png

You can't spin your way out of that post.

If you were ever, as you claim, a federal investigator for civil rights violations, what report would you have made to your government bosses if I had made it during an employment process? Would I now be under investigation for civil rights violations?

The post was despicable and your attempts to turn it on everybody else are laughable.

Those were your words and they were wrong.

Somebody gave you some good advice earlier. Put the shovel down and stop digging.

I stand by the post 100% from the moment I posted it to now and going forward. I made the post, I stand by the post. Others cannot however try to put words in my mouth concerning the post. A too clever by a half poster mentioned the plantation system of the Old Confederacy which brought slavery to the U.S. so he got a necessary and due political wuppin'

Neither does the Constitution of the United States apply here. My post was made to a world news open discussion forum of personal opinion, experience, adventure, here in Asia. Deal with it. wink.png

"I stand by the post 100% from the moment I posted it to now and going forward. I made the post, I stand by the post."

...much like the "doubling-down" Obama is so fond of. ...which brought about yesterday's debacle for his entire party. And he, like you, refused, and will no doubt continue to refuse, to stop digging...

Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 2

Obama deserves to lose. If it were not for the dishonest, liberal media covering for him and smearing Romney, he would have and should have lost the 2012 election. The American people have finally figured out what kind of dud we were sold.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html

It was just a matter of time until enough Americans realized that the "emperor has no cloths" smile.png It is a shame that they did not realize this before the empty suit was reelected, as Romney could already be in the process of really turning around the U.S. wai2.gif Better late than never!

• Like 2

Elise Stefanik won election to the House of Representatives from the 21st District of New York.

She is the youngest woman ever elected to the House of Representatives and was elected with over 55% of the vote.

You left out a new female Republican U.S. Senator in Iowa as well as a new black female Republican congresswoman elected in Utah, just to name a couple more thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I hope the USA people would recognise that and give him the control of the Senate and the House of Representatives.

Honour your good people.

Sadly, the truth is that he is among the worst Presidents in U.S. history and he is also a pathological narcissist. I say this not to insult the man, a famous FBI psych profiler did a workup on Obama shortly after he was elected and Obama fit the clinical profile of a pathological narcissist perfectly, and thus far (6 years later) he has lived up to that profile sad.png My guess is that he will not compromise and work with the new Republican majority to any great extent, he will continue ignoring the U.S. Constitution and to that end he could very likely put himself in jeopardy of facing an impeachment! Perhaps a fitting end to a man that had no experience for a job like this in the first place! Now all you tunnel vision liberals here can continue with throwing the terms "racist" or "redneck" around, however in the end just like Obama you will have to wake up and smell the coffee some day (hopefully soon than later?) wai2.gif

• Like 1

Obama deserves to lose. If it were not for the dishonest, liberal media covering for him and smearing Romney, he would have and should have lost the 2012 election. The American people have finally figured out what kind of dud we were sold.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html

It was just a matter of time until enough Americans realized that the "emperor has no cloths" smile.png It is a shame that they did not realize this before the empty suit was reelected, as Romney could already be in the process of really turning around the U.S. wai2.gif Better late than never!

Yeah, I was one of those dumb arrsse supporters that supported until around the time the IRS broke, Putin schooled him over Snowden and he had egg on his face over Syria. Things just continued to get worse from there.

You left out a new female Republican U.S. Senator in Iowa as well as a new black female Republican congresswoman elected in Utah, just to name a couple more thumbsup.gif

Add in a young lady in West Virginia at age 18 not yet graduated from high school elected to the West Virginia State Legislature as a Republican....

• Like 1

Tunnel vision liberal? alt=w00t.gif>

Heck, being a limousine liberal is so much more fun!

I know plenty of those from my association on Wall Street , and to be quite honest those limousine liberals are some of the most tunnel visioned and hypocrticical as well smile.png

It's a TEA party in the old town tonight. Seriously who votes in midterms? Angry white men. HILLARY coming to the rescue!

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hillary? The Belle of Benghazi?? "Rescue" isn't exactly her forte is it...

I'll bet dartboards with her picture on them would be big sellers in the Foreign Service commissaries! Hmmm.

As well as every U.S. military installation worldwide thumbsup.gif Forget the Presidency, Hillary has far too much baggage to even get elected dog catcher! Obamas obstinance, arrogance and mismanagement has left Hillary little chance of getting elected, she would have been much better off not to have taken the post of Sec. of State and instead spent her time on humanitarian missions or trying to pretend that she is "middle of the road". At this point in time a Hillary Presidency will be looked on as Obamas 3rd term and the American public made it very clear yesterday that they already regret electing Obama to the second term, bottom line is that Hillary Clinton=Toast whistling.gif

• Like 2

Honour your good people.

Sadly, the truth is that he is among the worst Presidents in U.S. history and he is also a pathological narcissist. I say this not to insult the man, a famous FBI psych profiler did a workup on Obama shortly after he was elected and Obama fit the clinical profile of a pathological narcissist perfectly, and thus far (6 years later) he has lived up to that profile sad.png My guess is that he will not compromise and work with the new Republican majority to any great extent, he will continue ignoring the U.S. Constitution and to that end he could very likely put himself in jeopardy of facing an impeachment! Perhaps a fitting end to a man that had no experience for a job like this in the first place! Now all you tunnel vision liberals here can continue with throwing the terms "racist" or "redneck" around, however in the end just like Obama you will have to wake up and smell the coffee some day (hopefully soon than later?) wai2.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Thank you Dr. Freud ! alt=laugh.png>

Trouble is there are several Dr. Freud types that post regularly to TVF. Together they have created a TVF pseudo Dr. Freud of a right wingnut multiple personality disorder. This is evident in the multiple political posts made over time by the various TVF self-appointed Drs. Freud of the far right.

So there are a lot of pedestrian and ameteur rat psychology Drs Freud around here. The fact and reality are that the Rat Psyke 101 TVF Drs Freud are motivated entirely by political bents and racial superficialities. Each of their/his bent out of shape posts in fact consists of banal and sophomoric stuff that presents only political tripe.

No active FBI professional for example did what you said he did. If anyone FBI did what you said, he did it on his own time in retirement and because of political bents entirely, same as the untenable post itself comes from a far right political bent.

It is in fact American political tradition to get a psyke expert to say a public official is pathological, to include being stark raving mad alt=clap2.gif> cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> .

It's just well past time to say something sensible and credible.

Publicus says "It's well past time to say something sensible and credible" at the end of his post, perhaps he should have opened up his post with this sentence and then continued on from there whistling.gif The FBI profiler I mentioned was indeed retired at the time, however the Bureau did call upon his expertise on certain cases even after his retirement as he was very well thought of, as far as his political affiliation goes I really can't speak to that, but many of those types are apolitical. I'm sorry if I offended your tender sensibilities that you hold for Obama by speaking the truth, but reality is that yesterday the U.S. electorate finally saw that the "emperor had no cloths" and woke up and smelled the coffee, perhaps due to your strong and personal feelings for Obama it will just take you a while longer? Good luck my friend wai2.gif

Honour your good people.

Sadly, the truth is that he is among the worst Presidents in U.S. history and he is also a pathological narcissist. I say this not to insult the man, a famous FBI psych profiler did a workup on Obama shortly after he was elected and Obama fit the clinical profile of a pathological narcissist perfectly, and thus far (6 years later) he has lived up to that profile]

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I reckon all political leaders would get the same diagnosis.

And to be fair, it has to be almost a pre requisite for the the job. You are there. You are making the call with at any one time at least 48% of your citizens vehemently disagreeing with you.

If you didn't have such inordinate amounts of self regard for yourself, you wouldn't be able to do the job.