US midterm elections: Barack Obama’s legacy could be ruined in one day

webfact

Along with other demographics that will propel Hillary Clinton the white house.

If she does run I predict the GOP will bury her with the Bengazi issue. I suspect they have been keeping their powder dry and will let loose if she runs.

Benghazi is a punchline of late night t.v. comedy jokes. It is a dead issue. If that's all they've got, I actually feel sorry for them. I think non-Americans don't understand the HUGE difference between midterm elections and presidential elections.

Dead issue I think only because the GOP as I said above are keeping their powder dry.

I heard she missed an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel the other night, she said she was pinned down by sniper fire.

• Like 1

I read over all the excuse making for the Democrat loss of the Senate... the complicated analysis of making a purse out of a sow's ear that some of you guys are doing... What happened yesterday was stupendous ... obama was handed his ass..(butt - if deleted). Plain and simple.

A huge cross section of voters turned out who agree with the sentiment growing in America for a number of years and that is -- What obama and the Democrats are doing to America is NOT WHAT THEY WANT... and solidly repudiated obama and the Democrats who support his agenda.

Anything else is just an excuse and a bunch of Malarkey.

Obama is now a LAME DUCK and he will be pushed into a corner and have to ponder what happened.

And for those of you who worship obama -- it is going to get worse for the Democrats... and very much worse for obama.

It is likely to become a dog fight ... the Conservatives in the House and Senate are not going to let the so called Republican Leaders in the House and Senate play nicey nicey with obama.

In fact before January 4th. I except that there will be big fights to replace Speaker Boehner and Senate leader McConnell ... they are much to soft on obama - even saboteurs of the Conservatives.

Even if the Conservatives do not win out ... the limp wrist leadership Boehner and McConnell will have to make concessions to the Conservatives to survive... because the voters are behind the Conservatives -- not the sheep leaders.

American Conservatives - who drove the vote as they did in 2010 have made it clear - we did not work to take back the Senate and bolster the House for you guys to reach across the isle and give away the store... Any semblance of weakness in dealing with obama will be met with public outrage... Boehner and McConnell will have to hide to get away from it...

Pay attention and you will see. Conservatives across America are as nearly as sick of Boehner and McConnell as they are of obama ... so the noise is not going to stop.... keep tuned...

• Like 1

If she does run I predict the GOP will bury her with the Bengazi issue. I suspect they have been keeping their powder dry and will let loose if she runs.

Benghazi is a punchline of late night t.v. comedy jokes. It is a dead issue. If that's all they've got, I actually feel sorry for them. I think non-Americans don't understand the HUGE difference between midterm elections and presidential elections.

Benghazi is FOUR DEAD AMERICANS including an Ambassador - left for dead by obama and Hillary who lied about it and covered it up ... The millions of voters who voted yesterday will not let anyone forget it - they will push it into Hillary's face at every turn ... she won't even be nominated -- the Dems will not want anymore baggage - especially baggage with blood on it.

^^ as much as it pains me to say it, keep posting rants like that, and you become the poster boy for the irrational right.

It makes Hillarys presidency that much more likely. Sure you aren't working for her secretly? smile.png

What I posted is hardly a rant... it is just a listing of what has been bothering conservatives for the last six years. And if you think it is radical - it is because you are so left wing you fell of a cliff... A huge portion of the American electorate believes as I just wrote. You cannot recognize it because you don't want it to be that way... What I wrote is what drove millions to the polls to repudiate obama or anyone like Hillary who believes any where near the same as obama. Hillary has dug her political grave with Benghazi and she will never climb out of it ... She is obama's 3rd. Term and will not even be nominated by more realistic Democrats... Hillary comes much closer to been classed as a radical than any Republican I know.

Keep on with your wishful and wistful thinking - it will keep you busy and out of trouble.

Deary me. I called it a rant. I didn't comment on the nature of the ideas expressed there. My experience is that ranters get sidelined and ridiculed.

Having said that, I could talk for a couple of days why some of the economic ideas in your post a bunkum and unworkable but let's save that for another time. And before you try and throw the liberal label on me I'm a trained economist from one of the rather more conservative schools.

Regardless of whatever credentials you have the issues go far beyond economics ... and I have a strong sense you are ideologically closeted and have little understanding of the range, scope and depth that American are infuriated with obama and anyone else with the same brand.

Six years of obama have taught tens of millions of Americans - NEVER AGAIN!

Yesterday barely scraped the surface of their ire.

Benghazi is FOUR DEAD AMERICANS including an Ambassador - left for dead by obama and Hillary who lied about it and covered it up ... The millions of voters who voted yesterday will not let anyone forget it - they will push it into Hillary's face at every turn ... she won't even be nominated -- the Dems will not want anymore baggage - especially baggage with blood on it.

Could you tell us how many dead Americans there were in Iraq in search of WMD. Then add how many Brits and others to that count. How many did you say were killed in Benghazi? I will say that Bush has had the good grace to keep his mouth shut about the whole debacle unlike Cheney.

@pitrevie #217

Hillary and obama watched them die on video ,,, refused to call aid - and it was there -- covering up misdeeds and covering up later... saying a video caused it all - a blatant lie.

And it matter little what you believe and what comparison you want to make ... the same voters who came out yesterday will be back with more to run Hillary out of town on her broom.

This thread is about how the Democrats and obama got trounced yesterday --- not about loser Dems. who might run next time... It is about obama is NOW A LAME DUCK president

^^ as much as it pains me to say it, keep posting rants like that, and you become the poster boy for the irrational right.

It makes Hillarys presidency that much more likely. Sure you aren't working for her secretly? smile.png

What I posted is hardly a rant... it is just a listing of what has been bothering conservatives for the last six years. And if you think it is radical - it is because you are so left wing you fell of a cliff... A huge portion of the American electorate believes as I just wrote. You cannot recognize it because you don't want it to be that way... What I wrote is what drove millions to the polls to repudiate obama or anyone like Hillary who believes any where near the same as obama. Hillary has dug her political grave with Benghazi and she will never climb out of it ... She is obama's 3rd. Term and will not even be nominated by more realistic Democrats... Hillary comes much closer to been classed as a radical than any Republican I know.

Keep on with your wishful and wistful thinking - it will keep you busy and out of trouble.

Deary me. I called it a rant. I didn't comment on the nature of the ideas expressed there. My experience is that ranters get sidelined and ridiculed.

Having said that, I could talk for a couple of days why some of the economic ideas in your post a bunkum and unworkable but let's save that for another time. And before you try and throw the liberal label on me I'm a trained economist from one of the rather more conservative schools.

Regardless of whatever credentials you have the issues go far beyond economics ... and I have a strong sense you are ideologically closeted and have little understanding of the range, scope and depth that American are infuriated with obama and anyone else with the same brand.

Six years of obama have taught tens of millions of Americans - NEVER AGAIN!

Yesterday barely scraped the surface of their ire.

Is ideologically closeted another way of trying to call me a liberal? Just as a point of future reference, for those of outside the US it really isn't an insult and it actually equates to libertarian if anything.

As for scraping the surface of the ire, I remember jousting with the angry people on TV leading up to the 2012 elections. The polls were wrong I heard! The liberal media was controlling the message I heard....

I made the point of following real clear politics just to make sure I wasn't accused of conservative bias (that I take unorthodox positions gets me accused of being a Muslim extremist elsewhere on this board, but I digress) and even RCP was talking about a Obama victory.

But noooo I heard, you don't understand the anger! Romney is going to show him what's what....

So forgive me if I take with a grain of salt your old man conservative angst. Actually a huge salt like might barely cover it...

I'll trust my instincts as a student of politics and make the call that the republicans winning both houses is the perfect result for Hillary. Ill take the view that hubris, like you are already showing, will make the jihadists in your party knock down the existing leadership. And their displays of ultra conservative partisanship will scare the crap out of voters in the general.

I'll also note that a pendulum in politics swings both ways.

Now you are right, I may not in my heart understand some of the fundamental things that Americans feel, things that make them american.

Just like you might scratch your head on what it means to be Thai or australian.

But that doesn't stop me from recognising there are factors there and that they let me have a view on how things play out.

I mean we don't all have to have to played baseball to have views on the game now do we?

• Like 1

Benghazi is a Fox News Angry White Man issue only. Like they would EVER vote for Hillary. No other demographic cares about it because it's an overblown FAKE scandal.

Sure. Fake scandal. The Ambassador is still alive and Obama, Hillary and Susan Rice were telling the same fallacious story for days about the "spontaneous demonstration" caused by a YouTube video, even though everyone in the intelligence community knew within hours that it was a planned terrorist attack. No COVER UP there. rolleyes.gif

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/

@pitrevie #217

Hillary and obama watched them die on video ,,, refused to call aid - and it was there -- covering up misdeeds and covering up later... saying a video caused it all - a blatant lie.

And it matter little what you believe and what comparison you want to make ... the same voters who came out yesterday will be back with more to run Hillary out of town on her broom.

This thread is about how the Democrats and obama got trounced yesterday --- not about loser Dems. who might run next time... It is about obama is NOW A LAME DUCK presiden

Its a made up scandal and pales by comparison with what went on under Bush.

It will make no difference in 2 years as another democrat will romp home as president or do you think that there is going to be a President Ted Cruz? Cant wait to see his birth certificate.

I'll trust my instincts as a student of politics and make the call that the republicans winning both houses is the perfect result for Hillary.

Those are not "instincts" It is called wishful thinking. The "perfect result" for Hillary would not be more than half of the candidates she campaigned for losing their elections.

@pitrevie #217

This thread is about how the Democrats and obama got trounced yesterday --- not about loser Dems. who might run next time... It is about obama is NOW A LAME DUCK presiden

It will make no difference in 2 years as another democrat will romp home as president or do you think that there is going to be a President Ted Cruz? Cant wait to see his birth certificate.

Cruz's birth certificate is more valid than obama's which is a forgery ... Cruz has been truthful - dual citizenship - renounced Canadian citizenship to make sure Americans understand where he stands. obama - not so much.

And all the wishful and wistful thinking about what might happen in 2016 is just a dodge to take away from the trouncing the Liberal - Leftist Democrats took a couple of days ago ... It will be interesting to watch the Democrats run further and faster away from obama -- The LAME DUCK... the Albatross around the necks of the Democrats.

Benghazi is a Fox News Angry White Man issue only. Like they would EVER vote for Hillary. No other demographic cares about it because it's an overblown FAKE scandal.

It is helpful for you to believe it is fake ... but of the people who voted to oust the Democrats just a day or so ago .. they believe - they know it is not fake -- and they are white,black, Hispanic, Asian... women a men ... and they do not believe the Hillary and obama lies about Benghazi -- which happens to one of the factors that caused this turnout...

Obama is a LAME DUCK --- deal with it.

@pitrevie #217

Cruz's birth certificate is more valid than obama's which is a forgery ... Cruz has been truthful - dual citizenship - renounced Canadian citizenship to make sure Americans understand where he stands. obama - not so much.

And all the wishful and wistful thinking about what might happen in 2016 is just a dodge to take away from the trouncing the Liberal - Leftist Democrats took a couple of days ago ... It will be interesting to watch the Democrats run further and faster away from obama -- The LAME DUCK... the Albatross around the necks of the Democrats.

I think that says all we need to know about you and Benghazi, you are still rattling on about the birth certificate even that idiot Trump has given up on that one.

• Like 2

What other demographics? Bus loads of nursing home residents, dead people and stolen absentee ballots? Bus loads, since they don't have cars, of hand-out and entitlement folks? That is seriously not the voice of those that should be shaping our future.

Please dear God give us someone other than Hillary. I at one time liked her. She sounds out of touch, nutty and very awkward lately. We need a strong President in 2016 that can deal strongly with World issues and not end up as Putin's little quibbling beoiotch like Obama. Hillary brings zero to the table.

I would vote for Bill. I, however, would not even show up to vote for a Hillary v Jeb or a Hillary v Rand. As much as I despise Jeb and Rand, I could not bring myself to vote for Hillary.

I read over all the excuse making for the Democrat loss of the Senate... the complicated analysis of making a purse out of a sow's ear that some of you guys are doing... What happened yesterday was stupendous ... obama was handed his ass..(butt - if deleted). Plain and simple.

A huge cross section of voters turned out who agree with the sentiment growing in America for a number of years and that is -- What obama and the Democrats are doing to America is NOT WHAT THEY WANT... and solidly repudiated obama and the Democrats who support his agenda.

Obama is now a LAME DUCK and he will be pushed into a corner and have to ponder what happened.

And for those of you who worship obama -- it is going to get worse for the Democrats... and very much worse for obama.

It is likely to become a dog fight ... the Conservatives in the House and Senate are not going to let the so called Republican Leaders in the House and Senate play nicey nicey with obama.

In fact before January 4th. I except that there will be big fights to replace Speaker Boehner and Senate leader McConnell ... they are much to soft on obama - even saboteurs of the Conservatives.

Even if the Conservatives do not win out ... the limp wrist leadership Boehner and McConnell will have to make concessions to the Conservatives to survive... because the voters are behind the Conservatives -- not the sheep leaders.

American Conservatives - who drove the vote as they did in 2010 have made it clear - we did not work to take back the Senate and bolster the House for you guys to reach across the isle and give away the store... Any semblance of weakness in dealing with obama will be met with public outrage... Boehner and McConnell will have to hide to get away from it...

Pay attention and you will see. Conservatives across America are as nearly as sick of Boehner and McConnell as they are of obama ... so the noise is not going to stop.... keep tuned...

McConnell as Senate Republican party leader come January has already made it clear he isn't going to take any shit from your handful of guys in the Senate. It is true they need McConnell more than he needs them.

McConnell will show Boehner how its done.

You too so get out your notepad to learn your lesson.

2/3 of the electorate didn't bother to turn up to vote

Wovaloffice5.banner.reuters.jpg.jpg

You can't fix stupid

But you can stop voting for it

Yeah, but the angry white men ... DID.

What is the fixation with angry white men? Do you have an issue with white people or just real men? or do you have issues with men that actually work for a living and pay taxes as opposed to sitting on their butts and getting paid to do nothing.

I don't think it is an angry white man issue. I think it is a sensible, objective voter issue. The middle class and small business owner, which should be the core if America, have been ripped a part during the Obama years.

I was for Obama care in concept, but it has been a complete disaster in implementation, unless I suppose you are a do nothing butt sitter who gets free, subsidized insurance while real middle class working families get zero subsidy and can only afford the crap exchange policies that no good providers accept. That is seriously messed up.

What other demographics? Bus loads of nursing home residents, dead people and stolen absentee ballots? Bus loads, since they don't have cars, of hand-out and entitlement folks? That is seriously not the voice of those that should be shaping our future.

Please dear God give us someone other than Hillary. I at one time liked her. She sounds out of touch, nutty and very awkward lately. We need a strong President in 2016 that can deal strongly with World issues and not end up as Putin's little quibbling beoiotch like Obama. Hillary brings zero to the table.

I would vote for Bill. I, however, would not even show up to vote for a Hillary v Jeb or a Hillary v Rand. As much as I despise Jeb and Rand, I could not bring myself to vote for Hillary.

I'm afraid the post has missed the bus in the matter of D party decidedly favorable demographics (a different bus and actual demographics). The Welfare Queen has her own cadillac, or are some people just pretending they didn't know the fact of the matter, the demographics of the dole. wink.png

McConnell as Senate Republican party leader come January has already made it clear he isn't going to take any shit from your handful of guys in the Senate. It is true they need McConnell more than he needs them.

McConnell will show Boehner how its done.

You too so get out your notepad to learn your lesson.

Wishful thinking you have no idea about the new blood in the party ... McConnell is a weak leader and will be shown the door... he will be countered at every point ... McConnell and Boehner will be very lucky to survive the new blood... who know that the people count -- not the system -- not the backdoor deals -- not the lobby,.. Wait and see the Fight that is about to happen... McConnell is such a sad old man - older than me ... The young bucks will out maneuver him ... form opposition caucuses ... rally support ... use the process against him until he relents ... Boehner is in for a fight of his life.. he is such a weak drunk and golf partner with obama ... this is not well liked by the new blood...

@pitnevie -

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/773873-us-midterm-elections-barack-obamas-legacy-could-be-ruined-in-one-day/page-10#entry8637238

You brought up Birth Certificates - not me... you think you are cleaver ... but you will soon see who understands what is going on in America..

And what is going on is the Senate control has been taken away from the Democrats. Now Both the House of Representatives and the Senate are controlled by Republicans and obama is a LAME DUCK... made to fume and moan in the corner... and will very likely do something rash in his petulant childlike manner -- throw tantrums ... go over board - and be shown to the citizens of America what he really is ... A childish LAME DUCK.. A Political Eunuch

• Like 2

@pitrevie #217

I think that says all we need to know about you and Benghazi, you are still rattling on about the birth certificate even that idiot Trump has given up on that one.

You are the one that mentioned the birth certificate first. He just responded to it.

@pitnevie -

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/773873-us-midterm-elections-barack-obamas-legacy-could-be-ruined-in-one-day/page-10#entry8637238

You brought up Birth Certificates - not me... you think you are cleaver ... but you will soon see who understands what is going on in America..

And what is going on is the Senate control has been taken away from the Democrats. Now Both the House of Representatives and the Senate are controlled by Republicans and obama is a LAME DUCK... made to fume and moan in the corner... and will very likely do something rash in his petulant childlike manner -- throw tantrums ... go over board - and be shown to the citizens of America what he really is ... A childish LAME DUCK.. A Political Eunuch

clap2.gif

Why don't you tell us what you really think....

You are the one that mentioned the birth certificate first. He just responded to it.

I meant it as a joke but for him its still a serious issue just like it is for most of the idiot Tea Party and their ilk.

The idiot Tea Party you speak of - actually Parties were primarily responsible for the taking over of the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010.... The idiot Tea Parties you make snide remarks about were primarily responsible for stoking the Conservative groups and people who rallied all over 2013 - into 2014 ... and provided the impetuous for getting out the vote in mid term 2014... The Tea Parties are the little known engine that could -- constantly working behind the scenes to rally other Conservatives to then again rally non aligned more moderate people to vote... You guys just do not get it ... Liberals and Leftists demeaning conservatives and moderate Americans for opposing obama and liberal/leftist candidates only causes them to band together to defeat your idols .. .

Oh - and the Democrats were just pushed out of control of the U.S. Senate and Republicans added many seats in the House.. and the Republicans who did it were heavily influenced by the Tea Parties... Some day you will learn. Plus - remember obama is a LAME DUCK and will be until his term ends...

Edited by JDGRUEN

I meant it as a joke but for him its still a serious issue just like it is for most of the idiot Tea Party and their ilk.

The idiot Tea Party you speak of - actually Parties were primarily responsible for the taking over of the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010.... The idiot Tea Parties you make snide remarks about were primarily responsible for stoking the Conservative groups and people who rallied all over 2013 - into 2014 ... and provided the impetuous for getting out the vote in mid term 2014... The Tea Parties are the little known engine that could -- constantly working behind the scenes to rally other Conservatives to then again rally non aligned more moderate people to vote... You guys just do not get it ... Liberals and Leftists demeaning conservatives and moderate Americans for opposing obama and liberal/leftist candidates only causes them to band together to defeat your idols .. .

Oh - and the Democrats were just pushed out of control of the U.S. Senate and Republicans added many seats in the House.. and the Republicans who did it were heavily influenced by the Tea Parties... Some day you will learn. Plus - remember obama is a LAME DUCK and will be until his term ends...

It's been pointed out that the Republican party has run four times against Barack Obama -- in 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014.

The two times the Republican party has run directly against him, in 2008 and again in 2012, Republicans have been routed in one-sided elections and gained absolutely nothing in Congress or nationally.

The Republican party has not only failed to defeat Barack Obama when his name is on the ballot, the Republicans' best guys have twice been routed by Obama (McCain and Romney).

The direct consequence is that the Republican field of 2016 presidential candidates is a collection of senators that were shinny-nosed high school class presidents, a couple of former governors who haven't faced voters for some appreciable time, several present governors who are sniping at one another already for what will be another Mitt Romney WWF knock 'em down and drag 'em out primary election season state by state, and a few other assorted loose ends that will flash in the pan only to go nowhere. blink.png

Good luck with that, Ted Cruz especially who looks like a mafia don, talks like Joe McCarthy and has a tinny sounding voice besides. biggrin.png .

• Like 1

It's been pointed out that the Republican party has run four times against Barack Obama -- in 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014.

The two times the Republican party has run directly against him, in 2008 and again in 2012, Republicans have been routed in one-sided elections and gained absolutely nothing in Congress or nationally.

The Republican party has not only failed to defeat Barack Obama when his name is on the ballot, the Republicans' best guys have twice been routed by Obama (McCain and Romney).

The direct consequence is that the Republican field of 2016 presidential candidates is a collection of senators that were shinny-nosed high school class presidents, a couple of former governors who haven't faced voters for some appreciable time, several present governors who are sniping at one another already for what will be another Mitt Romney WWF knock 'em down and drag 'em out primary election season state by state, and a few other assorted loose ends that will flash in the pan only to go nowhere. blink.png

Good luck with that, Ted Cruz especially who looks like a mafia don, talks like Joe McCarthy and has a tinny sounding voice besides. biggrin.png .

News Break - obama is not running for president in 2016...

News Break - obama is not running for president in 2016...