Forum upgrade in progress! ×

US midterm elections: Barack Obama’s legacy could be ruined in one day

webfact

IMO Obama's time in the White House will be looked upon as a failure mainly because he couldn't deal with the GOP in Congress. I lay a lot of that blame on his own party's congressional leadership -- Reed is too much of a wuss and Pelosi is as corrupt as any Republican. But history remembers presidents, not senators and representatives.

In 2012 I thought it didn't matter who wins, as the GOP will call the shots regardless.

Nothing personal against Obama, I just think he is in the wrong job. He would have made a great Supreme Court justice.

A lunatic. Obama lost his law license due to PERJURY. A pathological liar you want for the supreme court? From which mental institution did u escape.??

A different view > http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/lawlicenses.asp

Obama deserves to lose. If it were not for the dishonest, liberal media covering for him and smearing Romney, he would have and should have lost the 2012 election. The American people have finally figured out what kind of dud we were sold.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html

facepalm.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif Nonsense! Did he start 2 wars and have to borrow every cent to lose them? Did he work hand in hand with the oil barons to totally destroy 2 countries so as to enrich the 1%......get a grip mate!

As the song says...."and the poor white remains on the carboose of the train, but it ain't him to blame, he's only a pawn in the game!"

Whether one watches Faux Fox Faux TV should not be one's litmus test of IQ because political choices are attitudinal which have little or nothing to do with IQ.

It's decidedly a matter of the medium being the message, so my attitude toward Faux is that it's not for me. Posting here provides me with a range of conservative views and thinking that range from center right to right off the charts, mostly the latter.

So I'd much rather listen to Ferris Bueller for four minutes on the movie screen than to tune in to four seconds of the numbnuts economics teacher on the tv screen with Faux.

Now two more nonsense posts. NO ONE discusses the points he makes and shoots him down. Apparently he has won the debate because no one will debate him.

YOU my friend, I thought were smarter than this. I still think you are, but you've blown it here.

People post articles from Al Jazeera which I hate, but I still debate the content. If all I did was blast the messenger I'd only prove I was too stupid to take on the facts that were claimed to exist.

Regardless of the source, the "attack the messenger" tactic without addressing the content shows a closed mind and a lack of ability to debate. It also makes the messenger the winner of the debate.

Ben Stein in the video of his interview by Faux TV used the word "nonsense" so many times that I'd begun to notice it because it did catch my attention. It in fact became distracting and overused to the point I almost missed his calling Prez Obama racist.

I reiterate that Fox itself is the message and that one either spends his time watching Fox or economically apportions his time by doing other things, according to political opinions, attitudes, cultural persuasions.

Reagan was anyway a better and far more successful actor than Stien. wink.png

You still don't refute the points the man made. You are still shooting the messenger.

Go sit in a corner, facing the wall 555.

As I'd said, Ben Stein in the video of his interview by Faux TV used the word "nonsense" so many times that I'd begun to notice it because it did catch my attention. It in fact became distracting and overused to the point I almost missed his calling Prez Obama racist.

There will be so many obama/Democrat pet projects, policies, over budget spending items, run amok bureaus hit by the New Majority come January 4th. , the the Democrats will become dizzy just trying to swat the spontaneous fires out ... I cannot wait to read about it after 6 long dismal years of listening to the obama diatribe ...

It's a TEA party in the old town tonight. Seriously who votes in midterms? Angry white men. HILLARY coming to the rescue!

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Too lazy to get off your butt and go vote, eh? And that's your excuse? You're "not" an "angry white man". (Apparently something of a racist, and not a believer in democracy either...) No? Just a pathologically petulant malcontent? OK. Go with that.

Oh yeah - now I remember. You were one of the mad gloaters back in 2012 predicting the death of the Republican party.

Nice recovery. Yeah, so dead. You sure called that one. thumbsup.gif I'll bet the networks are just beating down your door, begging for your political insights & predictions.

(Keep up the average work!)

Let's not get hysterical on this wild and crazy day which has gone as just about anyone in contact with reality knew this wuz coming. Now it's come and done, and after a couple of years it will be gone.....

Wall Street Journal: “Members of both parties, however, caution against reading too much into Tuesday’s results. The complexion of the electorate is expected to be markedly different in 2016. Turnout by Democratic-friendly voting blocs, including minorities, young people and unmarried women, tends to drop off in midterm elections and surge in presidential election years.”

And in today's election twice as many Democratic party senators were up for reelection as were Republican senators, which is a lot of ducks to shoot at with a shotgun.

The election for the Senate in 2016 is however quite the opposite.

Democrats are expected to have 10 seats up for election, and Republicans are expected to have 24 seats up for election. With Hillary on the ballot for November 2016, the established Democratic party vote will sweep away a good number of the R party senators that will face the electorate. Most D party senators defeated today were in Red states that Obama lost. In 2016 many R party senators will be running in Blue states Obama won and that Hillary will carry.

R party senate seats that are already regarded to be on the slippery slope in 2016 include Republicans in in Florida, Illinois, Iowa, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Endangered D party senators two years from now are very few, specifically in Colorado and Nevada.

Moreover, the D party is expanding the 2016 hit list of R party senators in R states such as Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Alaska, South Dakota, and Arkansas. Why? Because R senators in these states are at this point likely to get party challenges from tea party lunatics, which requires they spend money and make enemies within the party during the primary campaigns. Et tu Brutus?

R party governors re-elected today already have begun attacking one another as their presidential campaign began at the witching hour of this election night, to include Chris Christie.

Polling in the early R party presidential primary states has the field of candidates split, splintered and already slashing at one another. In Iowa Jeb Bush has 15% support which puts him behind three other guys, each of whom is barely above 15% of R party voter support -- and number one in Iowa is "Other." Same in the second primary state, New Hampshire, where "Other" also has the early and clear lead.

R's are going to bash one another from now into 2016 the same as happened to Romney in 2012 while this time it will be Hillary who coasts to the nomination looking like the winner she is. biggrin.png

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

To show how strong the Republican Tsunami is ...

Mia Love in Utah makes history, becomes first African American Republican Woman elected to US Congress.

They are learning that the Liberal Democrat Plantation owners have been abusing them.

The fact is she's a rich white conservative Republican's ranch house Negro., same as Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court who comes from Georgia which remains a plantation state. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

There is a string of low IQ posts regarding this video that never debates what the man says but rather attacks the messenger. It's either the man or the news channel which is attacked, but the posters apparently don't have the intelligence to take on the points he makes.

Whether one watches Faux Fox Faux TV should not be one's litmus test of IQ because political choices are attitudinal which have little or nothing to do with IQ.

It's decidedly a matter of the medium being the message, so my attitude toward Faux is that it's not for me. Posting here provides me with a range of conservative views and thinking that range from center right to right off the charts, mostly the latter.

So I'd much rather listen to Ferris Bueller for four minutes on the movie screen than to tune in to four seconds of the numbnuts economics teacher on the tv screen with Faux.

Now two more nonsense posts. NO ONE discusses the points he makes and shoots him down. Apparently he has won the debate because no one will debate him.

YOU my friend, I thought were smarter than this. I still think you are, but you've blown it here.

People post articles from Al Jazeera which I hate, but I still debate the content. If all I did was blast the messenger I'd only prove I was too stupid to take on the facts that were claimed to exist.

Regardless of the source, the "attack the messenger" tactic without addressing the content shows a closed mind and a lack of ability to debate. It also makes the messenger the winner of the debate.

If the messenger is neutral and simply carrying a message that they have in no way authored, then shooting the messenger is a bad thing. When the messenger is a multinational propaganda machine, eg News Corp, who don't just present news, they invent it, it is perfectly reasonable to attack them because they are face of what you are attacking.

It's a TEA party in the old town tonight. Seriously who votes in midterms? Angry white men. HILLARY coming to the rescue!

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Too lazy to get off your butt and go vote, eh? And that's your excuse? You're "not" an "angry white man". (Apparently something of a racist, and not a believer in democracy either...) No? Just a pathologically petulant malcontent? OK. Go with that.

Oh yeah - now I remember. You were one of the mad gloaters back in 2012 predicting the death of the Republican party.

Nice recovery. Yeah, so dead. You sure called that one. thumbsup.gif I'll bet the networks are just beating down your door, begging for your political insights & predictions.

(Keep up the average work!)

Let's not get hysterical on this wild and crazy day which has gone as just about anyone in contact with reality knew this wuz coming. Now it's come and done, and after a couple of years it will be gone.....

Wall Street Journal: “Members of both parties, however, caution against reading too much into Tuesday’s results. The complexion of the electorate is expected to be markedly different in 2016. Turnout by Democratic-friendly voting blocs, including minorities, young people and unmarried women, tends to drop off in midterm elections and surge in presidential election years.”

And in today's election twice as many Democratic party senators were up for reelection as were Republican senators, which is a lot of ducks to shoot at with a shotgun.

The election for the Senate in 2016 is however quite the opposite.

Democrats are expected to have 10 seats up for election, and Republicans are expected to have 24 seats up for election. With Hillary on the ballot for November 2016, the established Democratic party vote will sweep away a good number of the R party senators that will face the electorate. Most D party senators defeated today were in Red states that Obama lost. In 2016 many R party senators will be running in Blue states Obama won and that Hillary will carry.

R party senate seats that are already regarded to be on the slippery slope in 2016 include Republicans in in Florida, Illinois, Iowa, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Endangered D party senators two years from now are very few, specifically in Colorado and Nevada.

Moreover, the D party is expanding the 2016 hit list of R party senators in R states such as Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Alaska, South Dakota, and Arkansas. Why? Because R senators in these states are at this point likely to get party challenges from tea party lunatics, which requires they spend money and make enemies within the party during the primary campaigns. Et tu Brutus?

R party governors re-elected today already have begun attacking one another as their presidential campaign began at the witching hour of this election night, to include Chris Christie.

Polling in the early R party presidential primary states has the field of candidates split, splintered and already slashing at one another. In Iowa Jeb Bush has 15% support which puts him behind three other guys, each of whom is barely above 15% of R party voter support -- and number one in Iowa is "Other." Same in the second primary state, New Hampshire, where "Other" also has the early and clear lead.

R's are going to bash one another from now into 2016 the same as happened to Romney in 2012 while this time it will be Hillary who coasts to the nomination looking like the winner she is. biggrin.png

Democrats will lose even more Senate and House seats in 2016 along with the Presidency ... because obama will make sure of it by going over the top pushing more of his crazed ideology which was just soundly rejected. The Democrats will desert him over the next two years to the point obama will choose to become a full time golfer by increasing his number of games by 15%...

Mia Love in Utah makes history, becomes first African American Republican Woman elected to US Congress.

They are learning that the Liberal Democrat Plantation owners have been abusing them.

The fact is she's a rich white conservative Republican's ranch house Negro., same as Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court who comes from Georgia which remains a plantation state.

Pretty blatant racism. It seems that you think that black people are too stupid to make up their own minds about politics and are required to agree with yours.
He should indeed concentrate on golf, that may decrease his handicap and it sure as h**l would also decrease the U.S handicap.
  • Like 1

► 1:16[/size]

"Anyone, anyone" teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day Off ...

• www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiCFdWeQfA

If the messenger is neutral and simply carrying a message that they have in no way authored, then shooting the messenger is a bad thing. When the messenger is a multinational propaganda machine, eg News Corp, who don't just present news, they invent it, it is perfectly reasonable to attack them because they are face of what you are attacking.

Unless the multinational propaganda machine is someone that you agree with like The New York Times. Your spin is ridiculous.

It's not spin at all. It's Murdoch. One of the most powerful people in the world.

The fact is she's a rich white conservative Republican's ranch house Negro., same as Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court who comes from Georgia which remains a plantation state.

Pretty blatant racism. It seems that you think that black people are too stupid to make up their own minds about politics and are required to agree with yours.
He should indeed concentrate on golf, that may decrease his handicap and it sure as h**l would also decrease the U.S handicap.

So how much time off work has Obama had compared to his predecessor?

African Americans are very smart, actually. They can see full well that that their best interests are pursued better with the democratic party than the repubicans.

Yeah sure. Things are worse for black Americans than when Obama took office. Their poverty rate has RISEN and giving amnesty to illegal aliens - as he is reportedly planning to do - will make it much worse.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Barack Obama is close to having played more rounds of golf since 2009 than Tiger Woods. laugh.png

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/13/curl-obamas-one-achievement-outgolfing-tiger-woods/?page=all

What he does in his leisure time is up to him. Plenty of important business deals have been concluded on the golf course over the years.

This answers my question.

@tw25rw

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/773873-us-midterm-elections-barack-obamas-legacy-could-be-ruined-in-one-day/page-6#entry8632192

President G.W. Bush spent the vast majority of his time 'off' at his Texas Ranch which was equipped with many ancillary buildings housing W.H. grade communications and his staff and cabinet members rotated in and out on a regular basis. G.W.B. stopped playing golf in the Afghanistan war saying it was disrespectful to continuing a sport like golf while men were on the battlefield ... obama doesn't seem to think that way.

Ah yes --- President Reagan did a similar thing at his ranch in California... perhaps that is where G.W.B. got his idea.

Other presidents have spent considerable time years ago at Camp David... designed for Presidents Day off -- with many Aids and Cabinet officials on hand...

I'm presuming you don't want us to count flight time and time spent on Democratic party fund raisers or campaigning events during the past six years?

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm pretty depressed about this. Imagine what the results would have been if the USA had MANDATORY voting like more sensible nations like Australia? Instead we have a major party where one the biggest part of their strategy is to SUPPRESS voting. Democracy indeed.