Thai Industry Ministry boosts growth of Thai Halal industry

webfact

Industry Ministry boosts growth of Thai Halal industry

BANGKOK, 4 November 2014 (NNT) - The Ministry of Industry pushes for the development of the Thai Halal industry by launching a pilot project for 150 entrepreneurs with the objective to help them enter the ASEAN market.

The Department of Industry Promotion cooperates with Singaporean and Chinese entrepreneurs in organizing the pilot project which features business matching between Halal SMEs and OTOP producers. The department hopes that 35 of them will sign business deals worth around one billion baht.

The department has set plans to spend 29 million baht in raising the standards of Thai Halal entrepreneurs in terms of production and marketing. With the goal to increase Thai Halal export growth to more than 8% a year, the department will help the entrepreneurs pass more standards so that their products are accepted by Muslim consumers.

Thai Halal exports were worth almost three billion USD after the first half of this year.

The Thai Halal products which have a tendency to grow significantly include rice, refined sugar, frozen vegetables and fruits, frozen instant food and organic Halal food.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-0e footer_n.gif

As long as they keep their Halal slaughter well hidden.

The Thai Halal products which have a tendency to grow significantly include rice, refined sugar, frozen vegetables and fruits, frozen instant food and organic Halal food.

How do they slaughter those Mr Ratcatcher?

As long as they keep their Halal slaughter well hidden.

How do they slaughter those Mr Ratcatcher?

I wasn't referring sugar and rice and all things nice, I was referring to this Mr Costas

Do not watch if you have just had dinner.

I am sick and tired of hearing about Halal. We never had it in the UK animals were slaughtered humanely, now with all the immigration we get this Halal stuff, well no thank you, if its Halal you can keep it and stuff it where you choose. I dont want to eat Halal productstongue.png .

• Like 2

Halal rice, along with many other products is just a con trick that costs everyone money. Rice is not haram (forbidden) yet distributers pay a Muslim organization money to place a halal symbol on the bags, wrappings and containers. It is the same for many, many other products.

Why shouldn't products be kosher approved or be approved by every other religious organization.

• Like 2

I am sick and tired of hearing about Halal. We never had it in the UK animals were slaughtered humanely, now with all the immigration we get this Halal stuff, well no thank you, if its Halal you can keep it and stuff it where you choose. I dont want to eat Halal productstongue.png .

Unfortunately we are all stuck with Halal products, including the the additional cost (although it is miniscule).

All Halal food is 'blessed', what about if your religion (or personal desire) dictates to consume food that is not 'blessed'?

This is being forced on everyone - so much for freedom of choice!

I just despise ALL RELIGIONS!!!

When I go into a butchery in the UK, I aprticularly ask where I can find non-halal products.

Can you imagine going to a Muslim country and asking where the non-halal products are? In those countries there is no choice, its their country and up to them, its a great pity we dont do the same in the UK, pander to much to the minorities and it does make you wonder if religion is at the root of the problem, how many wars are going on with religion at the root?