Young Coconut trees

DD13

A couple of years ago...... I was reluctant to throw out some fallen coconuts which had "shoots" on them......so decided to plant them in the garden.......needless to say..... I now have too many trees.......

The trees are healthy and now around 1.5 to 2 mtrs tall.......

I am offering these FOC to anyone who would like to collect...... rather than waste them....

I am in the Nong Plalai area......they can be available for collection....... with a couple of days notice....

With all the rain we have experienced, now is a perfect time for planting

Thanks

Edited by DD13
  • Like 2

You are in a city. Coconut trees are a PIA in a city. They mostly grow very tall and require a lot of maintenance to keep people from being injured or killed. Coconuts are available any where in this country except the far north.

Thanks for your reply

Actually my home is in a rural situation and I was offering them FOC to anyone in similar

And yes they do need some trimming, like any shrub of tree

• Like 1

Was telling a Thai guy from your offer, he said at this size difficult for the palm to take root again.

Maybe a charcoal maker would take them from you.

Thanks for your message......these are only one year out of the nut.....so the trunks (what there is of them) are not big enough to make charcoal

In the past I have replanted a few larger trees, they have "taken" OK.....took about a year for them to become stable

These I feel sure, are at a perfect stage in their growth for replanting

Thanks again

Congrats, you must have a "green thumb", i assume the whole plant is 1.5 - 2 m then, not only the stem?

Yes they are between 1.5 to 2.5 mtrs..... probably have 6-8 to part company with.......these are a very manageable size

I do have some which are 6/7 mtrs but they can stay

I looked at my home on Google Earth .........and it looks like a jungle from the air........ hence offering to give some away