How to convert Tourist Visa to Non Imm + retirement extension of stay in Pattaya

You need 65,000 Baht a month or a combination of income and money in the bank to total 800,000.

14,000 is only of use if added to savings.

UK Embassy letter is needed to verify income.

Sorry, I wrote 14,000Baht ( not sure where I got that figure) what I ment is I have the 65,000Baht( actually 130,000 Baht/month) But not adding up to 800,000 yet as I've just rented out my apartment last month. I do, however, have a contract with the tennant.

You need 65,000 Baht a month or a combination of income and money in the bank to total 800,000.

Sorry, I wrote 14,000Baht ( not sure where I got that figure) what I ment is I have the 65,000Baht( actually 130,000 Baht/month) But not adding up to 800,000 yet as I've just rented out my apartment last month. I do, however, have a contract with the tennant.

It will depend upon what the embassy will accept for your proof of income. You have the proof of income already equal to 2 to months of income if you got a month in advance. See here for info on getting the income letter: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

It will depend upon what the embassy will accept for your proof of income. You have the proof of income already equal to 2 to months of income if you got a month in advance. See here for info on getting the income letter: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Good. Just need to sort out my medical certificate and Police check.

You only need the medical and police check to get a OA visa at the embassy in London. To apply for an extension of stay at immigration they are not required.

You only need the medical and police check to get a OA visa at the embassy in London. To apply for an extension of stay at immigration they are not required.

Oh.

So to clear things up. I could get a two month holiday visa and then convert that into a retirment visa (now showing 3 month income) once I'm in Thailand but without the need for medical or Police check?

Can definitely confirm on the basis of personal experience that the Embassy will accept a formal tenancy agreement as proof of income. However, the Embassy won't want to see the whole agreement (the latest one for my house back in the UK runs to 20 pages) but only the pages containing your name and Thai address and the clauses specifying the gross monthly rent and termination procedures.

Edited by OJAS

<snipped>

Oh.

So to clear things up. I could get a two month holiday visa and then convert that into a retirment visa (now showing 3 month income) once I'm in Thailand but without the need for medical or Police check?

You can get a tourist visa and then at any time up to the last 15 days of the 60 day entry from it apply for a change of visa status to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. You will need the income letter to apply for it.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 entry you can apply for the one year extension of stay based upon retirement..

No need for a medical certificate or police check for either of them.

• Like 1