Koh Tao Murder: Prosecutor Requests More Time

Lite Beer

I admit.....i didn't read ALL the comments made in this horrific case, nor do i go along with overall opinions.

What strikes me is the links some comments make to the PM Gen. Prayuth.

So my question is this.......

Taken into account the 'overall impression' of a cover up -scapegoats and mafia related crime .......wouldn't you agree with me that the same Gen. Prayuth could well be the 'El Salvador' of another wise complete 'corrupted' country (what many suggest)?

So when do you expect "El Salvador" to react??

Before or after the two scapegoats have been given their lethal injection??

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the translation is slightly wrong and what they meant was that

"The suspects had to be kept in custody because THEY needed to be interrogated more"

That would be a valid reason for not releasing them. Clearly the RTP have backed themselves into a corner with this so called investigation. The overriding need to save face has resulted in them all losing credibility and therefore face.

Samui Times confirms "Tawatchai Siengjiew said that the investigation is only 80% complete. The defendants lawyer opposed the fifth round of detention but the prosecutor overruled the objection claiming that the officials need to interrogate more suspects."

So it looks like the translation of interrogate more suspects is correct

http://www.samuitimes.com/detained-suspects-koh-tao-murder-case-write-message-outside-world/

The INVESTIGATION is far from complete, it never was and never will be. Its not credible and anybody that quotes it as a credible source is (yes you Jdinasia) either blind or part of the investigation team is some way or another

jdinisia has very kindly revealed the fact that he goes scuba diving on Koa Tao. He also has divemaster/business friends there. How can anyone suggest that jd's motives aren't entirely pure and unbiased in his unrelenting support of RTP and their flawed investigation? There must be another conspiracy in the air somewhere.

They are going to let them go.

Even these buffoons know that they cannot withstand a trial. wai2.gifwai.gif

The rest, remains to be seen...

Interesting to note that the Twin Trolls are silent. wink.png

"Interesting to note that the Twin Trolls are silent"

Remember the old Arthur Brown song: "They are coming to take me away"...........................w00t.gif

Napoleon IV actually (ho ho, he he, ha ha)

I think it is a misunderstanding - ie "interrogate the suspects more" not "interrogate more suspects"

If you are right, does that mean that the RTP are going to pour more petrol on the suspects and wave their Zippo's in their faces??w00t.gif

who are these witnesses who live in Bangkok?

This case really must be flimsy

Please direct your question to certain people who post on here as they seem to have all the answers. After all they have been fully involved in the investigation. Or one would think so considering their professed vast intimate knowledge of the incident. None of us know for sure.

We can assume and speculate over many aspects, in particular the DNA and conflicting statements issued by certain people but at this stage, none of us have any idea, even though a few may think they do. Use your brain, witnesses in Bangkok. Who is it who allegedly travelled there?

In no way am I condoning the way this matter has progressed and there are many avenues that leave a lot to be desired but until we can be 100% sure that there has been a miscarriage of justice then maybe many should keep their prejudices to themselves. If you are right then you will have ample time to gloat and say, "I told you so."

Edited by Si Thea01

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I almost feel sorry for the prosecutor, who have to defend the scam-"investigation" by the police!!

Don't feel sorry. Prosecutor is weighing up how much he will get for this case, (Rumour has it there are millions of baht sloshing around the case) vs the amount he will lose by screwing up his career.

He can badly screw up his career by taking it to court and it flopping (no way a judge will agree to look bad - he will blame the prosecutor) or not taking it to court (and the police look bad). He needs to work with the police every day. He is the Surat Thani prosecutor.

So he is doing nothing except procrastinating and trying to find a way to get this hot potato off his desk.

But don't feel sorry for him, he will be well paid one way or the other.

For a flickering moment, I thought there would be one Thai out there in the legal system with a conscience. I'm still laughing at how I could have thought that. cheesy.gif

Edited by falangjim
  • Like 1

PM Prayut has an uncanny ability to predict the future, here's a statement he made just before the B2 were arrested.

"If we rush them [the police] too much, the wrong suspects will be arrested. We're trying to base the probe on scientific evidence as much as we can, and no one will be made a scapegoat."

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I almost feel sorry for the prosecutor, who have to defend the scam-"investigation" by the police!!

Don't feel sorry. Prosecutor is weighing up how much he will get for this case, (Rumour has it there are millions of baht sloshing around the case) vs the amount he will lose by screwing up his career.

He can badly screw up his career by taking it to court and it flopping (no way a judge will agree to look bad - he will blame the prosecutor) or not taking it to court (and the police look bad). He needs to work with the police every day. He is the Surat Thani prosecutor.

So he is doing nothing except procrastinating and trying to find a way to get this hot potato off his desk.

But don't feel sorry for him, he will be well paid one way or the other.

For a flickering moment, I thought there would be one Thai out there in the legal system with a conscience. I'm still laughing at how I could have thought that. cheesy.gif

Yep, the typical Thai way of delay game. Save face as much as you can...

In light of all that's been taking place with the police saying they have a strong case, I think this is good news saying there are other suspects. That is, if you can trust the news report to be accurate.

If there wasn't so much publicity and pressure from so many, these 2B boys would already be doomed to the point of no return. At least now things are not being rushed as much as before. Maybe, just maybe IMO the investigative team will uncover things that were missed or overlooked. Hope so...

what became of the U K plod ?? or are they still taking tea ?

A number of posters have conjectured that the U.K. police are going to do something along the lines of Columbo meets Murder She Wrote and wrap the whole thing up in 90 minutes including commercial breaks.

These posters have totally misunderstood the role of the U.K. police here and have completely ignored the restraints they are here under. They will observe, they may request to review the case notes if they are permitted to see them, they may ask questions of the Thai police who may or may not choose to reveal evidence or information. Then they will report back to the Home Office, presumably, who will brief the Foreign Office.

They are not, by any stretch of the imagination, here in the role of participating in the prosecution of anybody.

We all understand that, we would just like to know when would we expect the UK police to disclose what they saw, or believed to be true, as of yet not a peep off them, Maybe it was just a holiday for them who knows, until they tell us different, all still stands the same in my eyes

I think the prosecutor is waiting for a decision at the top levels in Bangkok as to how to proceed. It is clear that the RTP are trying like mad to kill any further investigation. The PM does not want to upset the RTP. On the other hand, any trial would be watched closely, and proceeding with a prosecution without hard evidence would make Thailand look bad. There is also a major concern over what will be revealed by the inquests in the UK in January. If that exonerates the Burmese kids in the middle of a prosecution, the political fallout could be immense.

The prosecution does not have time until January, the 84 days before making the case is due pretty soon. Also as I mentioned earlier, exoneration is not possible as they have criminal charges on illegal entry (and possibly other shindings regarding labor laws).

Well you know what's going to happen ....IMHO.....the Burmese boys will reach the maximum 84 days allowed to hold them without proper charges being laid or brought to trial and as the Prosecutors will say they are not ready, the Burmese will walk and everyone saves face. No trial. No police being questioned. It all gets swept under the carpet, the Burmese go home and life on KT resumes. Meanwhile back in the UK the Yard has legit DNA test results and a manhunt ensues for the proper murderer, but as it is the RTP searching, their man will never be found!! The perfect ending to a perfect investigation. Thai style.

• Like 1

Well if you look at this via an angle - should he play time until the deadline, and the case would have to be dropped - no one would lose face per se. The RTP could still say the case was 100% complete, not their fault the law is made that way, while the prosecutor could say the case didn't have enough to go on with, and proceed with the illegal entry charges resulting most likely in deportation for the B2, and no further action would be needed on any accounts. Well, just a theory among others. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Jabis, This is so perfectly Thai to me...

There's also the possiblity of a new investigation by the DSI if they have the powers to do it under the current Military law and lack of constitution. The B2 parents submitted a request to them.

This would be a way out, the B2 released and deported, DSI carry out a new investigation that goes nowhere, job done. All apart from the killers still being on the loose.

Edited by thailandchilli

We all understand that, we would just like to know when would we expect the UK police to disclose what they saw, or believed to be true, as of yet not a peep off them, Maybe it was just a holiday for them who knows, until they tell us different, all still stands the same in my eyes

Please reference my post in the alternative thread for clarity;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774320-police-coy-over-new-probe-into-koh-tao-murders/page-18#entry8645781

Edited by Katoom

didnt they have a taxi driver "witness" but he was an honest man and wouldn't play ball

Here is the story:

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/4373 wai2.gifwai.gif

People here must have a different view of what saving face is to me

I thought that meant there was "honor" to be respected,

but, there has to be "honor" first before that honor can be questioned

I don't see how honor applies to face here

just my observation

didnt they have a taxi driver "witness" but he was an honest man and wouldn't play ball

Here is the story:

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/4373 wai2.gifwai.gif

People here must have a different view of what saving face is to me

I thought that meant there was "honor" to be respected,

but, there has to be "honor" first before that honor can be questioned

I don't see how honor applies to face here

just my observation

The reason why westerners can't get to grips with the states of honour and respect here is very simple Steve, and I am sure you know this.

Respect and Honour (Caps) have to be earned in the west, here it's an heirloom.

Some have been born in the west expecting hereditary respect, generally speaking, at the first point of them demanding it without deserving it, they crawl under a rock.

Here, they get another medal and a promotion.

And that all gets bundled up into the concept of face.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 1

After reading thousands of messages i can't get this Leonard Cohen song out of my head!

Everybody Knows
Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows that the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that the boat is leaking
Everybody knows that the captain lied
Everybody got this broken feeling
Like their father or their dog just died

Everybody talking to their pockets
Everybody wants a box of chocolates
And a long stem rose
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that you love me baby
Everybody knows that you really do
Everybody knows that you've been faithful
Ah give or take a night or two
Everybody knows you've been discreet
But there were so many people you just had to meet
Without your clothes
And everybody knows

Everybody knows, everybody knows
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

That's how it goes
Everybody knows

And everybody knows that it's now or never
Everybody knows that it's me or you
And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah when you've done a line or two
Everybody knows the deal is rotten
Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton
For your ribbons and bows
And everybody knows

And everybody knows that the Plague is coming
Everybody knows that it's moving fast
Everybody knows that the naked man and woman
Are just a shining artifact of the past
Everybody knows the scene is dead
But there's gonna be a meter on your bed
That will disclose
What everybody knows

And everybody knows that you're in trouble
Everybody knows what you've been through
From the bloody cross on top of Calvary
To the beach of Malibu
Everybody knows it's coming apart
Take one last look at this Sacred Heart
Before it blows
And everybody knows

That's how it goes
Everybody knows

Oh everybody knows, everybody knows
That's how it goes
Everybody knows
  • Like 1

Well if you look at this via an angle - should he play time until the deadline, and the case would have to be dropped - no one would lose face per se. The RTP could still say the case was 100% complete, not their fault the law is made that way, while the prosecutor could say the case didn't have enough to go on with, and proceed with the illegal entry charges resulting most likely in deportation for the B2, and no further action would be needed on any accounts. Well, just a theory among others. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Jabis, This is so perfectly Thai to me...

Maybe from a western perspective, but.... The B2 will be indicted because it has been decided. If anyone thinks the prosecutor and RTP would take notice of anyone outside their domain, it's clear from the above report that they are hell bent on prosecuting the B2 without any chance of bail. When it gets to trial the judge will be given enough 'evidence' to support convictions of various charges.

We won't know what evidence that is, and the Burmese lawyers are not in a position to challenge it or prepare a defence because they haven't been allowed access to the B2. It's all smoke screens and mirrors, not fairness and transparency.

That's my take on it - and while I hope I'm wrong, I'm not putting a satang on the B2 getting released pre-trial.

Edited by stephen terry

they are not seeing their lawyers, but reports to the press that they are?

that is unfathomable

check on that thought

Yes, Steve, it is confusing and conflicting. My reading of it is that the lawyers have been permitted access while the RTP have been interrogating them - which is not quite the same as having exclusive access to discuss their defence without any RTP or prison officials present - as stated by the lawyers when the B2 were refused bail.

Edited by stephen terry