Koh Tao Murder: Prosecutor Requests More Time

Lite Beer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading thousands of messages i can't get this Leonard Cohen song out of my head!

Everybody Knows
Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed

Everybody knows that the war is over

Everybody knows the good guys lost

Everybody knows the fight was fixed

The poor stay poor, the rich get rich

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

Everybody knows that the boat is leaking

Everybody knows that the captain lied

Everybody got this broken feeling

Like their father or their dog just died

Everybody talking to their pockets

Everybody wants a box of chocolates

And a long stem rose

Everybody knows

Everybody knows that you love me baby

Everybody knows that you really do

Everybody knows that you've been faithful

Ah give or take a night or two

Everybody knows you've been discreet

But there were so many people you just had to meet

Without your clothes

And everybody knows

Everybody knows, everybody knows

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

And everybody knows that it's now or never

Everybody knows that it's me or you

And everybody knows that you live forever

Ah when you've done a line or two

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

And everybody knows that the Plague is coming

Everybody knows that it's moving fast

Everybody knows that the naked man and woman

Are just a shining artifact of the past

Everybody knows the scene is dead

But there's gonna be a meter on your bed

That will disclose

What everybody knows

And everybody knows that you're in trouble

Everybody knows what you've been through

From the bloody cross on top of Calvary

To the beach of Malibu

Everybody knows it's coming apart

Take one last look at this Sacred Heart

Before it blows

And everybody knows

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

Oh everybody knows, everybody knows

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

Love the way Don Henley did it.

Everybody knows the RTP are rotten

So sad it'l soon be forgotton

they are not seeing their lawyers, but reports to the press that they are?

that is unfathomable

check on that thought

Yes, Steve, it is confusing and conflicting. My reading of it is that the lawyers have been permitted access while the RTP have been interrogating them - which is not quite the same as having exclusive access to discuss their defence without any RTP or prison officials present - as stated by the lawyers when the B2 were refused bail.

From articles I've read, it seems there is no private room for lawyers and the stitched up B2 to discuss the trial. They talk through the bars of the door. No privacy. No justice. Very typical Thai intimidation.

It seems though that they are still getting visits and assistance. Andy Hall posted messages today that they were in good spirits so some agencies are seeing them.

I am sure they are gaining in hope following yet another "return" of the case due to insufficient evidence.

hope?

who thinks they are being treated well as soon as their visitors leave

Yes see what you are saying Steve, but there are a few agencies hanging around. Andy Hall apparently visited today and I am pretty sure his people know what they are looking for.

Still too much media attention, long may it continue.

• Like 2

didnt they have a taxi driver "witness" but he was an honest man and wouldn't play ball

Here is the story:

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/4373 wai2.gifwai.gif

THE NATIONAL Human Rights Commission will discuss next week what action should be taken after police again failed to answer a summons related to the much-publicised murders on Koh Tao.
Despite the summons, police failed to come before an NHRC subcommittee last week and also yesterday.
His subcommittee is looking into an allegation that two suspects, both Myanmar nationals, were tortured into confessing to the killing of two British tourists on Koh Tao.

If the confessions as evidence disappear, the whole case is on thin ice.
The actual course of events in the night of murder seems totally unclear without witnesses.

It then remains only circumstantial. And this evidence there en masse and are very contradictory been disseminated in the press.

Hopefully the real killers are caught and punished.

every time I hear that the prosecution is asking for circumstantial evidence

all I hear is,

prove they did more than buy a bottle of wine, share a cigarette and then go home after singing songs, or, because they saw the gang rape start,

and got the hell out of there so they weren't accidental witnesses

had they been a risk to the real killers,

they would have bene found floating

Sean McAnna was a high risk, and thus,

he was chased off the island in fear of being hung from a tree

which reminds me,

wasn't there a Japanese business woman who was found hanging from a tree on Kho Tao, strung up by a garden hose?

hope?

who thinks they are being treated well as soon as their visitors leave

Yes see what you are saying Steve, but there are a few agencies hanging around. Andy Hall apparently visited today and I am pretty sure his people know what they are looking for.

Still too much media attention, long may it continue.

if Andy Hall is still pursuing this,

then our job is done.

if the Human Rights people are going to keep this fresh in the news,

then these kids have a chance

will the real killers and ..{".rapists on Kho Ta".} ever be proseuted and brought to justice,

from everything I read about crime in Thailand,

no one should hold their breath

A German language report on a Swiss national recently reported missing at Sairee Beach is saying the beach is now referred to as 'Murder Beach'.

That is very sad for the honest families down there who work hard to make a living from the tourist businesses they own.

Edited by Dogmatix

A German language report on a Swiss national recently reported missing at Sairee Beach is saying the beach is now referred to as 'Murder Beach'.

That is very sad for the honest families down there who work hard to make a living from the tourist businesses they own.

Sorry but these tourist based businesses know what has gone on there before, complicit im sure not but willing to turn a blind eye and not rock the boat ? certainly.

I can find little sympathy im afraid but for for the victims over the years.

Sorry but these tourist based businesses know what has gone on there before, complicit im sure not but willing to turn a blind eye and not rock the boat ? certainly.

this doesnt sound any different than the USA in the 1920's and 1930's when gangs ruled the cities

Thailand is going thru its growing pains

this doesnt sound any different than the USA in the 1920's and 1930's when gangs ruled the cities

Big difference. Sure, in the US the mob controlled local police and politicians here and there and many unions (they still do) but they never reached right up to the top.

Big difference. Sure, in the US the mob controlled local police and politicians here and there and many unions (they still do) but they never reached right up to the top.

J. Edgar Hoover and Lyndon Baines Johnson were both criminals

LBJ had the most to gain from the death of JFK as he was soon headed to prison, at the hand of RFK

Crime was at the top in the USA and, still is, now it is called Congress and the method, called taxes

100% agreed. For sure The mob didn't killed innocent turists.
  • Like 1

I don't know that anyone here believes ": the Killers of Kho Tao :" actually intended to kill anyone that night,

I personally believe it was a rape that went bad because a witness was involved

If the girl was date raped unconscious, they likely would have just left her wake up there,

the Miller lad, likely came to her aid,

just the way Sean McAnna said it happened, while the "heat was on"

I believe Sean, who feared for his life, and would have confessed to every crime he knew about, had he felt he needed too

• 3 weeks later...