iPhone 6+ UK vs Thailand

stament

Just wondered if there was any difference at all between buying a UK one as opposed to one in Thailand? Will everything be exactly the same and the connectivity and performance?

I'm asking this question as I know in certain countries Apple alters the phone eg the removal I facetime.

I've also experienced difficulties using facetime in Thailand with my UK iPhone 5 whilst friends with a Thai purchased iPhone don't seem to experience similar issues.

I just bought my partner an Iphone 6 plus 128gb from Australia oNLINE from Apple.

It was 15000 baht cheaper in OZ than here and that is after I paid DHL and the VAT to get it shipped here! And it is unlocked and has no restrictions and he is as happy as a Buddha sitting on all the gold in Fort Knox

I just bought my partner an Iphone 6 plus 128gb from Australia oNLINE from Apple.

It was 15000 baht cheaper in OZ than here and that is after I paid DHL and the VAT to get it shipped here! And it is unlocked and has no restrictions and he is as happy as a Buddha sitting on all the gold in Fort Knox

? Online Apple price in Thailand is 36,900. Online Apple price in Oz is AUD 1249 = 35,340 at middle exchange rate. Same phone, both unlocked. Then you'll have to ship it to Thailand and pay 7% VAT on phone and shipping upon arrival. Result; buying from Apple Thailand is cheaper.

There shouldn't be any difference but if your worried then buy it from the country you will use it in most

As 2008Bangkok says, you may want to buy it from the country you will use it in most.

In the UK, or Europe, the phone needs to be capable of using the Band(s) of your mobile provider. They're selling the A1524 6+, A1586 6+ ... Each for use on different networks.

Using any GSM/LTE phone in Thailand is easy. Just needs to support Band 1 (2100).

Currently Thailand uses BAND 1 (2100) for LTE and 3.9G [uMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, DC-HSPA+] for calling and Hi-Speed Data, but may also use BAND 3 (1800) following a sometime-in-the-future-near-you TH GOV auction.

TH LTE

DTAC -- BAND 1 (2100) and proposed BAND 3 (1800) [future TH auction]

TrueMove-H -- BAND 1 (2100)

AIS -- proposed BAND 3 (1800) and/or BAND 8 (900) [future TH auctions]

TH 3.9G [uMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, DC-HSPA+]

DTAC -- BAND 1 (2100) and proposed BAND 3 (1800) [future TH auction]

TrueMove-H -- BAND 1 (2100)

AIS -- BAND 1 (2100), and proposed BAND 3 (1800) and/or BAND 8 (900) [future TH auctions]

TOT 3G -- BAND 1 (2100)

CAT -- proposed BAND 3 (1800) [future TH auction]

UK LTE

'3' -- BAND 20 (800), BAND 3 (1800)

EE -- BAND 20 (800), BAND 3 (1800), BAND 7 (2600)

O2 -- BAND 20 (800)

Vodafone -- BAND 20 (800), BAND 7 (2600)

Hutchison 3G -- BAND 20 (800), and BAND 3 (1800)

UK Broadband -- BAND 42 TDD (3500), and BAND 43 TDD (3600)

UK 3.9G [uMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, DC-HSPA+]

EE -- BAND 1 (2100)

O2 -- BAND 1 (2100), and BAND 8 (900)

Vodafone -- BAND 8 (900), and BAND 1 (2100)

Hutchison 3G -- BAND 1 (2100)

EE (Everything Everywhere (formally Orange & T-Mobile)

Giffgaff (MVNO on O2 network)

Virgin Mobile/Virgin Media (MVNO on EE)

• Like 1

buy it from the country you will use it in most

This actually makes sense just in terms of warranty support alone. Not every company offers international warranties by default. Sony for example doesn't. If it breaks and you're not in that country most of the time...