Democrats opposed to compromises on justice in push for reconciliation

Lite Beer

Indeed, why should the country forgive those who broke the law just to make those who broke the law happy.

That the law breakers and their supporters are willing to break the law again if they don't get their way should make it even more imperative that justice is done and is seen to be done.

But Hay, isn't that what the amnesty bill was all about, forgive the law breakers to make them happy ?

Didn't work then and wont work again.

Read a little on Nelson Mandela's response to apartheid with South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Council.

Sometimes it's better not to let the future be held hostage by the past.

Let us also not forget who benefits the most from any amnesty agreement. One side would get amnesty for what amounts to a single, dubious real estate conviction whilst the other for three treasonous coups and the slaughter of nearly 100 innocent citizens.

I see... Mandela spent twenty seven years in prison for his beliefs. You can get fifteen easy with just a few strokes of the keyboard. You up for it?

Edited to say: You're all mouth.

Further edited: The namesake of your avatar lost his head, because he decided he a the only person that was right. In the words of Harry Callahan... "Do you fell lucky punk?"

"Further edited: The namesake of your avatar lost his head, because he decided he a the only person that was right. In the words of Harry Callahan... "Do you fell lucky punk?""

Even more edited to say that I made a typo. Corrected comment. "The namesake of your avatar lost his head, because he decided he was the only person that was right. In the words of Harry Callahan... "Do you fell lucky punk?"

So then stand on the streets and preach your opinions, and show us your balls! We all have big ones here.

Edited even more: Wanna compare your stones with Mandela's? Go for it!

It would appear you're off your medication.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now there is one, solitary blemish on Thaksin's criminal record and it is the most idiotic and ridiculous conviction that would not stand up in any impartial, independent and just court.

Paying 10% above market value for a piece of land in a public auction.

Your list is worthless, plagiarised ( The Law is an Ass-et. Coups, Law and Corruption Cases ) garbage.

Propaganda that only the most anal and farcical ass-clown could read, believe and then excrete as fact.

(BTW - the list is also 6 years old and the conviction count still stands at 1- this fact in itself shows the worthlessness of the allegations and accusations contained within.)

How many times do you have to be told, IT WASN'T ABOUT THE PRICE.

It was about his position, and him (or his family) doing a dealing with a government department that he (as PM) had some control over.

• Like 1

Conveniently 'forgotten' in these discussions about amnesty is the fact that the key opinion polls showed very strong support for amnesty as a path to reconciliation. Read some of the more extreme positions from some TV posters and one might believe this was some sort of ambush....simply not the case, public opinion in favour, Yingluck canvassed during the election campaign and could claim a mandate given her overwhelming victory, the opposition walked out of the debate in the usual 'spit the dummy' theatrics they employ.

The bill may have been ill-considered or ill-timed but it was no ambush and should not be presented as such. To continue to do so is disingenuous and more than a bit silly

"Conveniently" not mentioned was that amnesty was supported (even by the Democrats) when leaders weren't included. When it was changed to include the leaders is when the trouble started.

Sorry, not quite the way you wrote. Constitution state that you committed an offense if you are employee of the cooking show. He was not. He was the contractor of the show and receive no money. However the court in their idioscrantic predictable manner, expanded the defination of employee and convicted him.

As for Somchai, many until today called that a judiciary coup.

Quite possibly the saddest post I have read on any forum for many years. Reminds me of someone trying to push a large snowball up the face of Mt Everest, wearing rubber thongs. sad.png

Bloody Hell Mike, if you consider that sad, you need to get out more!! ?

• Like 1

Sorry, not quite the way you wrote. Constitution state that you committed an offense if you are employee of the cooking show. He was not. He was the contractor of the show and receive no money. However the court in their idioscrantic predictable manner, expanded the defination of employee and convicted him.

As for Somchai, many until today called that a judiciary coup.

Quite possibly the saddest post I have read on any forum for many years. Reminds me of someone trying to push a large snowball up the face of Mt Everest, wearing rubber thongs. sad.png

Bloody Hell Mike, if you consider that sad, you need to get out more!! ?

Sorry Fatty, perhaps "saddest" was not the best adjective I could have used, but it was all I was game enough to use. And you are right, I do need to get out more but at the moment I am down in outback Surin staying at wife's family village for a few days and there are few places to go out to. Will be back in CM on the 16th and will make a point of taking your worthy advice. biggrin.png