Ex-USSR leader Gorbachev: World on brink of new Cold War

Lite Beer

I am glad your US sources have confirmed all for you, now try reading Russian and see if the base is up and running and what deals are being signed.thumbsup.gif

English is not your native tongue but you're going to have to make your own case as I am not going to do it for you, nor will I set out on what very well could be a wild goose chase to correct another of a Putin acolyte's posts.

Unless and until you yourself unmake my case, my case stands. The default position on your side that everything the Western MSM says is propaganda and that everything the pro-dictatorship media present from Moscow or Beijing is fact, is bogus.

If Putin or Xi Jinping can't afford a translator of stuff in their respective media, then you might consider taking up a collection with your fellow pro-dictatorship posters here.

Who here believes that without Western pressures Putin himself on his own would tolerate any kind of democracy in Russia. The detestation the CCP Boyz in Beijing have of democracy is also clear and unmistakable.

Please do tell how you arrived an conclusion that English is NOT my native tongue?rolleyes.gif

No, i do not need to make any cases.coffee1.gif

You can continue posting one sided propaganda and believe it, you can also refuse to accept that all propaganda posted by US is NOT true or even remotely true.

You could broaden your mind by analyzing information from both sides before making bald statements, but that may not fit into your patriotic agenda

Now back to facts.

Russia signed one mega deal few years ago with China and about to sign another within days, making China its biggest gas customer

Russia is making trade deals with South American countries, not to mention another huge market India

Russia has invaded North Pole and has already built nuke basis with more to come, while US is panicking because it will not be able to stop or pursue its claims because US has not ratified UN convention on the law of sea.

Russia has reopened its basis in Cuba in the wake of US aggression and basis are fully operational, most likely the reason for US to turn down the volume a little recently on aggression.

Not all EU countries bow to US and those who have refused , Hungary being one of them are being bullied from all angles.

EU has lost access to a HUGE market while Russia has made new friends with bigger markets.

While i appreciate your claim to so called democracy, i will suggest you actually think and open your eyes, you can not make a fart without getting a permission from the authorities.

In US you get suffocated by taxes and get hardly anything in return, in Russia people enjoy 13% tax rates with free education and medical.

Anyhow, learn another language and you might enjoy the best of both worldsthumbsup.gif

What makes you think I haven't ever learned another language? Or two other languages? Or three? And some of other languages? Your direct order to me to "learn another language" suggests you deal in stereotypes and cultural cliches not to mention that you think you are somebody's boss.

Your consistently repeated commands to certain posters that they think for themselves is presumptuous and arrogant, heightened by the fact you don't think for yourself as you read an absolutely government controlled mass media to include the internet.

BTW, I know your native language is not English because i've read a number of your posts. As but one very easy to recognize factor, a lot of Eurasians to include in Russia out to the Urals excise articles in their teaching and in their learning of English as a second language. Learning to use a, an, the is a massive burden to a number of Eurasian peoples, which is a matter of fact and not much else.

Putin’s created an economic crisis and left Moscow no easy way out

Putin is playing for time here. There always is the risk that he will pursue additional imperial glory to maintain his popularity. Yet in the words of the economist Herbert Stein, chairman of President Richard M. Nixon’s Council of Economic advisers, “If something cannot go on forever, it will stop.”

Russia’s savings are not inexhaustible. The main established routes to economic recovery — increasing exports, expanding domestic manufacturing, attracting more foreign investment — are not currently viable. Other proposed solutions, including price controls or fixed exchange rates, would only make matters worse.

Putin is the author of this crisis. And the Russian president will ultimately be required to provide some answers

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2014/11/03/putins-created-an-economic-crisis-and-left-russia-no-easy-way-out/

Please do tell how you arrived an conclusion that English is NOT my native tongue?

Russia has invaded North Pole and has already built nuke basis with more to come

You say Putin has "invaded [sic] North Pole," (not to mention built "basis") which leaves me alarmed over the current fate of Santa Claus and his elves, not to mention Rudolph and the rest of 'em.

If what you say is true, then at least a billion children -- maybe a lot more -- are facing a major disappointment in a very short time from now, so I'd ask your advice as to how i can help break this horrific news to my unsuspecting grandchildren. So will we be getting "nukes" for Christmas or will everything be all right?

This constant and repeated talk of "nukes" by Putin and his underlings indicates how wild and crazy those people are over there...and around here.

• Like 1

Gee, I guess all that kneebending and apologizing by Obama hasn't made the U.S. any more loved at all. Weakness invites aggression. Always has; always will. Silly and dangerous to think otherwise. If you want any kind of reasonable quid pro quo from bullies like Putin, you've got to give them something they must respect, not apologies and limitless accommodation. History has proven it time & time again. Obama's playing so far out of his league has emboldened aggressors & thugs around the world, and left the free world in a very precarious position. That's not statesmanship; merely conciliation.

the USSR is no more put up a wall around Russia

Yep and stop the gas to the EU, a cold winter ahead.

It's winter there now or did some people miss the fact....

It could sound like some people want Russian nuclear bombers flying over Europe on Christmas Eve.

The Russian economy is going down so we'll see how Russia is doing around then.

Let's meet back here again then to find out.....

In your quick and strident defense of everything US you may have missed the fact that there is still a lot of winter to come, some of the coldest months in fact.

the USSR is no more put up a wall around Russia

Yep and stop the gas to the EU, a cold winter ahead.

It's winter there now or did some people miss the fact....

It could sound like some people want Russian nuclear bombers flying over Europe on Christmas Eve.

The Russian economy is going down so we'll see how Russia is doing around then.

Let's meet back here again then to find out.....

In your quick and strident defense of everything US you may have missed the fact that there is still a lot of winter to come, some of the coldest months in fact.

Yes I know.

And Putin is still getting the cold shoulder.

So then I'd guess you and I won't be meeting for a nip before Xmas.....which would mean we couldn't discuss how you destroy the US guys created us "quick and strident defense of everything US" guys.

Edited by Publicus

So the last decade has seen the west invade Iraq under false pretenses, which resulted in the death of 1 million civilians, unauthorized war on Libya, Syria, Iran getting bullied, Iran and Russia sanctioned, drone attacks in various countries that have killed civilians and then Russia goes and attempts to secure it's local interests and gets called an evil out of control empire

I dont think the US/Nato will have it so easy in a conventional war with Russia, they havnt taken on an equal enemy since WW2. Russia has also come along way with military tech and hardware, but then they dont have the money and the defense budget of the US

Why couldn't Putin be satisfied with being a nice little dictator who only ruled his own people with an iron fist. Nobody would have bothered him. He and his people might even have prospered. The West wouldn't have batted an eye. He will bring about his own ruin, alas. Learn from Franco and Salazar how to rule people and stay in power for decades with nobody objecting.

So the last decade has seen the west invade Iraq under false pretenses, which resulted in the death of 1 million civilians, unauthorized war on Libya, Syria, Iran getting bullied, Iran and Russia sanctioned, drone attacks in various countries that have killed civilians and then Russia goes and attempts to secure it's local interests and gets called an evil out of control empire

I dont think the US/Nato will have it so easy in a conventional war with Russia, they havnt taken on an equal enemy since WW2. Russia has also come along way with military tech and hardware, but then they dont have the money and the defense budget of the US

Iraq was a horrible event. It should have never happened. Libya, Syria, Iran and Russia are completely different. Iran is up to their neck in Syria, as is Russia. The atrocities being committed there are unacceptable, and the foreign powers need to leave Syria alone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_involvement_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

The Syrian government is supported by Iran and Hezbollah, both involved in the war politically, logistically and militarily. Hezbollah fields soldiers in the conflict. The Syrian government also receives arms and political support from Russia.

The main Syrian opposition body - the Syrian coalition - receives logistic and political support from major Sunni states in the Middle East, most notably Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. France, Britain and the US have also provided political, military and logistic support to the opposition. The major Syrian Kurdish opposition group, the PYD, was reported to get logistic and training support from Iraqi Kurdistan. Islamist militants in Syria were reported to receive support from private funders, mainly from the Arabian Peninsula area, as well as from Iraqi ISIL.[citation needed]

The duplicity is astounding. Although the overthrow of Yanukovych was unconstitutional and the ensuing election a complete sham, the US accepted that vote but the US does not accept the vote in Crimea or the more recent rebel vote in Donetsk, labeling them "unconstitutional".
giggle.gif

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

Why couldn't Putin be satisfied with being a nice little dictator who only ruled his own people with an iron fist. Nobody would have bothered him. He and his people might even have prospered. The West wouldn't have batted an eye. He will bring about his own ruin, alas. Learn from Franco and Salazar how to rule people and stay in power for decades with nobody objecting.

If Putin could just have the Soviet Bloc back, I'm sure all would be well.

...for about 10 mins...