Best window brand available in Thailand

where would secondary glazing fit? on most windows the frames are right up flush with the inner walls

Yes Jacky that's what I was alluding to....thin walls, not much reveal.

Seems to me there are two ways.

1. To extend the reveal inwards with say a timber frame screwed to the inside wall inside which one fits the new glazing frame.

2. To make the new frame a few cm larger than the reveal and simply screw to the inside wall.

The first my look a bit better but is more work.

What would be nice is if one could fix a frame in with no mechanical connection through screws to the wall.

In other words if one could trust a flexible glue like silicone or black or grey rubberised compound to either....in the case of (1) hold IN the frame or perhaps even in the case of (2) hold UP the frame.

If this is possible I would suggest screwing in until the compound sets then removing screws sometime later.

(His takes me back to the days where I was building a high wall on a place in England whcih needed soundproofing as it had entertainment next door.

It was to go over an old brick wall.

The available gap was about 5 inches and I used 4 inch deep metal studs. I did the obvious like using a doubled up extra heavyweight acoustic plasterboard, but what reminds me of it was that I fixed the studs only to the top and bottom so there was no mechanical connection to the bulk of the old brick wall behind....it was only connecting top and bottom where the structure was connected to much more solid structure which was much less likely to vibrate than a large expanse of wall.

It worked pretty well.

Edited by cheeryble

Can anyone give me an idea of price per sq meter for upvc double glazing inc fitting in bkk? Our house is only two years old but the window frames are like sieves and let in too much noise and water.

Lots of variables im afraid , really depends on the specification and designs your after.

Wont really be less than around 4k per sq.m and will range between normally between 4 and 7k per sq.m required.

That would include the removal and installation costs aswell though.

Supply only could be noticebly less

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can anyone give me an idea of price per sq meter for upvc double glazing inc fitting in bkk? Our house is only two years old but the window frames are like sieves and let in too much noise and water.

Lots of variables im afraid , really depends on the specification and designs your after.

Wont really be less than around 4k per sq.m and will range between normally between 4 and 7k per sq.m required.

That would include the removal and installation costs aswell though.

For aluminium the most expensive (farang-run) place I got a quote from came in at an average of 45K/sqm for a mixture of fixed and sliding panels. Tints and fly screens were extra.

I didnt follow it up.