The Difference Between Thai and Farang You've Never Known

kintub

Here is what I translated from a forward mail only on the Farang part, I don't know if they are true so please help me check. sorry for my grammar. I'm glad if you help me correct it too.

Farting aloud in public ,even if it’s not suitable, is not considered as an embarrassment at all.
Burp after a meal is unacceptable.
Clipping nails in a toilet is polite
If western parents have daughters, they will be pleased if their daughter bring a guy home. Her mom will take care of food for him too.
if a Farang girl get pregnant without knowing who the father is. it is not considered to be a bad thing and nobody will blame on her.
if they get street harassment they will ignore them completely.
During sex ,making noise out loud is very normal
99% of them like using a flush toilet more than a squat toilet even if it’s a public one (never mind to sit on them)
In restaurant, they’d like to share bills instead of paying it all by someone
For Farang guy and gal if they are friends, there’s no sex involved
Western prostitutes are legal if they are registered to pay tax.(some countries)
Most Farang of all ages like playing cards as a hobby, as far as I know they play it without gambling.
Both Farang and Thai are equally well when working alone. but for Farang they are also good at work as a team.

Dear Thai readership, all 4 of you, I'm English and will tell you the truth of all these ideas of falang...

Farting aloud in public ,even if it’s not suitable, is not considered as an embarrassment at all.

Men can fart around close friends and within their household but anything else is an embarrassment.
Burp after a meal is unacceptable.

If burping is not noisy and covered with napkin, or hands, then it's accepted.

Clipping nails in a toilet is polite

Yes we 're not picking our nose, clipping our nails or scratching our bum in public. Crazy, huh?

If western parents have daughters, they will be pleased if their daughter bring a guy home. Her mom will take care of food for him too.

True.

if a Farang girl get pregnant without knowing who the father is. it is not considered to be a bad thing and nobody will blame on her.

We do think 2 parent families are better. However; if a girl is pregnant then we support her with government aid and free housing.

if they get street harassment they will ignore them completely.

True. If someone is drunk and shouting then we know to ignore them is better.

During sex ,making noise out loud is very normal

True although some would be shy if neighbours can hear noises.

99% of them like using a flush toilet more than a squat toilet even if it’s a public one (never mind to sit on them)

True.
In restaurant, they’d like to share bills instead of paying it all by someone
True.
For Farang guy and gal if they are friends, there’s no sex involved
True. If they have sex then they are "lovers".
Western prostitutes are legal if they are registered to pay tax.(some countries)
True in some countries. We don't have any prostitutes employed in beer-bar so not same situation.
Most Farang of all ages like playing cards as a hobby, as far as I know they play it without gambling.

True. Family and children play without money just for happy.

Farang better when working as a team, imho.Both Farang and Thai are equally well when working alone. but for Farang they are also good at work as a team.
Farand work better as team than alone.

• Like 2

Re #5 (Single motherhood). This varies from country to country and with the communities within countries.

It's still ordinary in many places, that pregnant single girls get sent on a long 'vacation' to somewhere they are not known and the child is given up for adoption. Mother comes home and life goes on....

In US, if the mother elects to keep the child there will be very limited benefits available from the government and these carry their own shame.

Some other countries will support mother and child more generously, with no shame is attached to either the motherhood or the government benefits.

In other words, we may all look alike but we don't all have the same customs. laugh.png

And from a females point if view. "Farting" I don't even like writing the word, is disgusting & should be done in private. Babies born to a girl not married brings shame but western girls try to have the baby's father help but many times the baby's father will leave , some are good some are not good. Young people in society accept having a baby alone. Bringing the boyfriend home to meet parents happens if you are serious about each other & you have a meal, but different families have different values & some families allow the boyfriend to sleep at the house. ( not mine) having sex depends on person if noisey . Working alone, many western people are good at working alone, now if u apply for a job it's important to be a good team worker. Playing cards for no money & familiy games was very popular before TV was invented, now usually older people will play card games to socialize but not for money.

"Farting aloud in public ,even if it’s not suitable, is not considered as an embarrassment at all.

Men can fart around close friends and within their household but anything else is an embarrassment."

That explanation makes it sound as if it is a conscience decision where people choose to Fart....it has been my experience that it is not a controlled effort...it usually is accidental so therefore the time and place is not under the control of the "gas bag"..

"if a Farang girl get pregnant without knowing who the father is. it is not considered to be a bad thing and nobody will blame on her"

Yes in the USA they have a daytime television program "Maury Povich" that will give anyone you can drag onto the show a DNA test

so you can find/confirm your baby daddy. clap2.gif I am embarrassed to say watching both "Maury" and "Gerry Springer" are my guilty pleasures.

Of course the western acceptance of the famed "Dutch Oven" needs no further comment.

Edited by Ulic

Passing Gas happens But is polite to say excuse me, But Farangs aren't known for pissing on walls like in Thailand. It is gross to pick nose in public or scratch butt in public. In Thailand Ladies will flop out a boob to feed baby in public. Yes we sit on toilet not stand on seat also we wipe with toilet paper not use on face to clean. We don't have women clean urinal as man have hose out to drain. And both Thai ladies and Farang ladies make noise when having Sex with me at leastwub.png Oh what dose JIB JIB mean? And yes always nice to have lady buy dinner time to time after all we aren't ATM's Oh western women never ask for money to buy new water buffalo for family.

Edited by Strangebrew

Farting out loud while making love is also common, as is farting under the sheets and holding your wife's head under said sheet !

Now I understand why so many of you have to come to Thailand to find a woman who'll put up with you.

• Like 1

"Most Farang of all ages like playing cards as a hobby, as far as I know they play it without gambling."

---- ?? In other words the author knows nothing about farangs but wants to seem like a cultural expert on people that reside across 5 continents and speak dozens of different languages to impress the typical ignorant thai

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 1

Passing Gas happens But is polite to say excuse me, But Farangs aren't known for pissing on walls like in Thailand. It is gross to pick nose in public or scratch butt in public. In Thailand Ladies will flop out a boob to feed baby in public. Yes we sit on toilet not stand on seat also we wipe with toilet paper not use on face to clean. We don't have women clean urinal as man have hose out to drain. And both Thai ladies and Farang ladies make noise when having Sex with me at leastwub.png Oh what dose JIB JIB mean? And yes always nice to have lady buy dinner time to time after all we aren't ATM's Oh western women never ask for money to buy new water buffalo for family.

JIB JIB sounds like a bird singing in Thai ,not sure why anyone would make this sound though. I don't think they use water buffalo these days, Kubota is more prefer

Given the tone that this quickly reached......off to the Pub

Sorry for the shoulder bump as I passed you; I know you were running too, but in my desperation to flee, it just wasn't fast enough. I also considered making this message a pointless, page-long article, but... why the hell would anyone do that? o_O