Thanksgiving 2014

theDukes

Just wanted to start a thread about Thanksgiving that is coming up. The Duke's will do dinner at the river location (053.249.231) and at The Promenada (053.142.751). On the river we have 4 seatings and at the mall we will just have open seatings and the full menu will also be available. The river will just have the special dinner. In the night bazaar we will have regular menu and Thanksgiving dinner available.

Where else are they doing Thanksgiving dinner this year. I know that Pun Pun has a real good dinner. What are they serving and at what times? They usually have a great meal with lots of turkey and a few types of stuffing and all the sides. I've heard it said that everyone goes home with food because it's just too much to eat. 053.243.362 is their number.

Anywhere else?

Dave

• Like 2

Inexpensive, but good quality Thanksgiving meals:

Bake and Bite

The Garden (Thapae Road soi 5 across from Inter Inn Guest House. The phone number is: 081 88 22 840 and they are asking for reservations at least 3 days in advance.)

The Pun Pun (Gonzo's meat eater's branch on river)

The Duke's (on the river or Pramenada)

Dave: Can you clarify for me? Your Facebook page says there is 4 seating times at Promenada. But if I understand your post here, anytime is OK? Are you accepting reservations, and are you serving the full Thanksgiving turkey feast in addition to your regular menu?

We will be a party of six, coming from Phrae, so I want to be sure I have the information correct.

post-93392-0-22662700-1415804057_thumb.j

Dave: Can you clarify for me? Your Facebook page says there is 4 seating times at Promenada. But if I understand your post here, anytime is OK? Are you accepting reservations, and are you serving the full Thanksgiving turkey feast in addition to your regular menu?

We will be a party of six, coming from Phrae, so I want to be sure I have the information correct.

Promenada is open seating. Thanks for catching that. I mentioned it to staff and they had already caught it but not changed it yet. Not sure what they are waiting for... Maybe the rice harvest. It's a Thursday so probably not too busy with Thai customers there but this year we think we will do a lot of Thanksgiving dinners.

Just wondering, did anyone get the details on the PunPun Dinner?

Promenada is open seating. Thanks for catching that. I mentioned it to staff and they had already caught it but not changed it yet. Not sure what they are waiting for... Maybe the rice harvest. It's a Thursday so probably not too busy with Thai customers there but this year we think we will do a lot of Thanksgiving dinners.

Just wondering, did anyone get the details on the PunPun Dinner?

Hi David

Thanks for thinking of us......and my dream is I want to be just like you when I grow up....

Yes , we will be doing the same as last year and my turkeys will be delivered this Tuesday. Don't want to give details here and upset anyone as I am no longer a sponsor, but I will PM or email the details of our dinner to you , probably tomorrow. Any overage you may have and care to recommend us will surely be appreciated. Enough now as I don't want to upset any of the powers that be.

Thanks again , sincerely

gonzo

• Like 2

So, 'food game' on Thanksgiving Day, 27 November 2014. I'll be there, where ever. Hmm, what about the football game? The Lions vs the Cowboys this year?

Hmm ... are you sure? Checking a couple of website's, like Detroit Lions and ESPN, it's Detroit vs. the Chicago Bears at 12:30 pm EST which is something like 12:30 am Friday, November 28 here.

Not quite the same as the good old Michigan tradition of watching the Hudson's parade on TV in the morning while fixing dinner. Eating dinner, then the men folk retiring to the TV room in front of a too-hot fire while the women cleaned up and everyone watching the Detroit Lions loose to whomever that year.

Now it seems the Detroit Lions actually win more games than they lose. And Hudson's isn't around any more either. Those stores are Macy's stores, which doesn't sponsor the parade. Instead, a whole other outfit sponsors a better parade. You just can't count on things staying the same.

Edited by NancyL

After last winter, there were a few mornings when I wished we had a wood stove in the condo. Absolutely no reason one couldn't be installed and vented out of the balcony.

Of course, we don't have a ready source of firewood anymore like we did in Michigan.

Rimping Promenada Bistro and Aji Maya Mall are doing a set menu at Baht 390 including pumpkin soup, turkey breast, and pumkin pie with gelato until 30 November - first moving banner at top of their home page, goes a bit too fast though.

Second banner I see is for a 5-course wine dinner this Wednesday 16 Nov at Promenada for Bht 2000 - a bit pricey - anybody tried these?

Jacky Jantarawong is doing her Thanksgiving dinner again this year.

Great quality.

The company certainly does not get any better than Jacky. Easily one of the friendliest, kindest people on the planet. She takes care of a huge entourage (family, friends, employees) as well, and is constantly in motion doing more more more, but somehow finds time to never frown.

• Like 1

Had the turkey set lunch at Bake and Bite. It was 350 for a basic dinner with moist and juicy roast turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, really good mixed vegetables, cranberry sauce and dinner rolls with butter. The quality is as good as my mothers and she was an excellent cook. They also have a buffet tonight with 3 different pies and other stuff. That is about 500 baht.
Gai told me that they are all set up for take out dinners, if anyone is interested for Christmas. I saw a few families picking them up for parties.

• Like 2

Had the turkey set lunch at Bake and Bite. It was 350 for a basic dinner with moist and juicy roast turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, really good mixed vegetables, cranberry sauce and dinner rolls with butter. The quality is as good as my mothers and she was an excellent cook. They also have a buffet tonight with 3 different pies and other stuff. That is about 500 baht.

Gai told me that they are all set up for take out dinners, if anyone is interested for Christmas. I saw a few families picking them up for parties.

This could not have come at a better time. Just arrived to Saraphi and on the way out the door. To bake&bite it is.

After last winter, there were a few mornings when I wished we had a wood stove in the condo. Absolutely no reason one couldn't be installed and vented out of the balcony.

Of course, we don't have a ready source of firewood anymore like we did in Michigan.

An American friend of mine who runs a restaurant here, extremely popular with his fellow Americans, secretly told me that he swears by this stuff:

Liquid-Smoke-Brands-615x461.jpg

I don't know about that, but once you find the place to turn on the river road, just look for the yellow signs that show you exactly where to turn to get right there. Their phone number is 053 249 689 and the owner speaks perfect English, if that helps.

Okay. Thanks. Just called a number I found on the net and it ended up being butter is better.

Seems bake and bite has had several locations. Chang Klan rd and another which seems shutdown. Nothing shows up on google maps. Almost as if they don't want to be found. Will try this number. Thanks again.

re

The Garden (Thapae Road soi 5 across from Inter Inn Guest House

i tried their 300 baht turkey dinner as a take away tonight :)

it was huge , i took one look at all that and cut it in half

had one half tonight , the others going in the microwave tomorrow

boy it was good :)

dave2

post-42592-0-84923500-1417094081_thumb.j

• Like 1

and tonight's dark horse winner... Yummy's!!!

OMG... one of the best Thanksgiving dinners I have had in years.

Huge portions -

Very good pumpkin soup to start, followed by a huge plate of juicy turkey - white and dark meat with delicious gracy - excellent baked ham, real mashed potatoes, yams, brocolli, carrots, cabbage, bread roll and pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

John was as ever so hospitable as was the staff.... extra portions if you wanted.

What a great evening!

post-177104-0-04620000-1417096177_thumb.

post-177104-0-75491500-1417096207_thumb.

post-177104-0-90062900-1417096226_thumb.

My party of six just returned from The Dukes at Promenada. Absolutely fantastic Thanksgiving spread. The staff were great; friendly greetings, super service, and the food was among the best I've had anywhere. Not only were our plates full, but they brought out extra portions of potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and side dishes. Topped off with pumpkin pie and gourmet coffee. Very impressive, and exceeded my expectations.

Thank you, David! Your crew at Promenada are doing a doing a great job. We traveled 3 hours from Phrae, and it was well worth it.

So, Thanksgiving was yesterday, and if you missed getting to Bake and Bite, there's always tomorrow. They have turkey on their menu year 'round...at least turkey sandwiches.

Here's Google's streetview of Bake and Bite near Prince Royal's school: http://goo.gl/maps/o1Eeu

Their Nimmanhaemen location on the west side of town is here: http://goo.gl/maps/yhC4k