Bar End Mirrors on Naked Bikes

ntv69

they look cool on naked bikes.

only problem should be lane splitting and maybe they might vibrate more than conventional ones as they are at the tip of the bars.

Lane splitting is actually easier. They are lower than stock mirrors and easier to control.

They don't vibrate either.

• Like 1

only problem should be lane splitting and maybe they might vibrate more than conventional ones as they are at the tip of the bars.

Lane splitting is actually easier. They are lower than stock mirrors and easier to control.

+1 to that. I find bar ends much easier for lane splitting. I've got mirrors from a UK firm called Oberon and they're fantastic. Not cheap, but really well made and absolutely no vibration at any speed / on any surface that I've tried yet.

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/Oberon_Adjustable_Bar_End_Mirrors.html

+1 to that. I find bar ends much easier for lane splitting. I've got mirrors from a UK firm called Oberon and they're fantastic. Not cheap, but really well made and absolutely no vibration at any speed / on any surface that I've tried yet.

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/Oberon_Adjustable_Bar_End_Mirrors.html

don think so it is much easier to split lanes with bar end mirrors. basically, they make the bike wider.

but they look OK and show behind nicely. still, i always find the mirror area too small on these bar end mirrors so you see things smaller and harder.

146745d1361106366-whos-tried-bar-end-mir

but i like mirrored hand guards. as mirrored hand guards have two purposes in a neat package and mirrors does not make the bike wider.

P1000127.jpg

or

mirror_out.jpg

i mostly never fold my mirrors to be honest:) very rarely for a minute to pass from a tight space sometime.

they are important for fast lane splitting to see what is going on around plus they are good for safety as once the mirrors touch - of course before the bars, it means you have to brake as you cannot pass between those cars:)

I used to have Rizoma Reverse Retro mirrors that look like what ntv69 posted.

http://www.rizoma.com/universal/mirrors/en

They were great because they didn't rattle out of position but their absurd price reflected that level of quality.

I'm sure some knock offs with some glue would get the job done at 10% of the cost.

If you roll in Bangkok, I think barend mirrors are a regret waiting to happen unless you like waiting in traffic.

I removed my barends to narrow my bike just 4cm.

Every cm counts in BKK.

Hili's mirrors look like a good choice for heavy traffic.

Edited by ttakata
  • Like 1

Clearly this could develop into a lengthy discussions as to whether bar-end mirrors make lane splitting harder or easier. On my FZ09, which has a pretty upright seating position and quite wide bars to start with, I find these mirrors make lane splitting in BKK much easier than with the stock mirrors. These are 3" mirrors and in this position they add 3" total to the bar width (1.5" each side).

post-212467-0-98955500-1416053402_thumb.

Despite their size they give a fantastic field of view and they don't vibrate, at all, even at high speed.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I had the round foldable ones: too low and too "wide far" for my taste, I had to move my entire head to use them - not safe. In addition, they're too small.

Then set the "sporty" ones, those with a diamond shape. Positioned inwards. Better for using, and lane slalom still easy. In fact I felt more confident in slow motion between cars than with the standard mirrors.

But they vibrate and still too small.

So I've gone back to the standard ones, just bigger (and "chromed"). Don't add wide to the mocy and being at a higher position they're easier - safer - to use for me.