"premium" Business Cards

I am looking for a place in Bangkok (if any) that does "premium" business cards. (Every topic I searched for seemed to have recommendations more based on price.)

My first choice is to have a few hundred cards plated in gold or platinum. (No, I'm not crazy. I've seen this before but don't know who does them - I know they're not cheap; I think about 400 baht+ per card. Contacts will either display my card prominently or melt it down if they get strapped for cash!)

My second choice is to have my cards (for which I have the design already) printed on top-quality stock with top-quality printing equipment.

I've been to several places in MBK for the latter, and did not see any with good quality samples. There was one on the 3rd floor that looked ok (called Instant Print) but I am hoping I will be able to find much better.

Anyone have a recommendation?

you need a proper printing house that makes plates, and work with proper artwork.. rather than digital print..

you can select substrate, or collect a substrate yourself and show it to the printer.. ask them to match.. should not be that difficult but MBK won't help I think.

can you give me one when youve got them done?

id like to keep it for a rinay day!

on a serious note, did you get anywhere with this yet? id be interested to see the final product. justifying 400thb on a business card takes some doing. i would be very interested to know your line of business.

good luck in your hunt.

regards

Thanks for the link! I'll see if they can do metal.

you need a proper printing house that makes plates, and work with proper artwork.. rather than digital print..

you can select substrate, or collect a substrate yourself and show it to the printer.. ask them to match.. should not be that difficult but MBK won't help I think.

Plates should be easy enough. I guess the process with be more 'hands on' for me if I want them done here.

can you give me one when youve got them done?

id like to keep it for a rinay day!

on a serious note, did you get anywhere with this yet? id be interested to see the final product. justifying 400thb on a business card takes some doing. i would be very interested to know your line of business.

good luck in your hunt.

regards

Sure thing! (I've seen these before and it's really stunning. Too bad I didn't think to get the company's info, in the US.)

It's just an advertising expense. My dad uses bright orange adhesive business cards. He says they work great when he sticks them on client's equipment for repair. Crayon-colored stickers won't work for me, so I want to do something even more crazy.

I'm in .. um... the 'family business'.

Platinum and gold?

Sorry, I'm not an expert of precious metal. But I'm very interesting what material you want.

I can't make a picture of this business cards. With PVC yes, I can, but then it looks like a member card or something like that or an other plastic card.

Platinum and gold?

Sorry, I'm not an expert of precious metal. But I'm very interesting what material you want.

I can't make a picture of this business cards. With PVC yes, I can, but then it looks like a member card or something like that or an other plastic card.

There's a place in the US that can do brass, steel, or copper (metalcards.com - but they don't do color). The brushed steel from another firm looks nice. So, just imagine this in gold.

I think I'm going to order 100 from each of the above (plus the shop at MBK) and see which one works for me. And then I'll ask the Sultan of Brunei where he gets his namecards done.

Yes, looks nice this cards really, but has to do with metallic colors also IMO (i.e. gold and Platinum).

BTW I've had a PowerBook from Apple (G4) "Platinum" edition lightweight. My experience was, can only break and oxidate - the very thought from breaking the business cards in the wallets... Apple stopped after to produce it.

I'm not sure the Thai guy that runs Business Convenience on Sukhumvit [close to Phrom Phong] can, but he'd be just the type to steer you to an outfit that can.

Plus, he's a well educated, highly talented and very devoted small business owner. Spent 8 years in Japan getting an advanced degree, too. And he rides one of the nicest Suzuki Hayabusa sport bikes to be found in this country.

Edited by GoodHeart

Platinum and gold?

There's a place in the US that can do brass, steel, or copper (metalcards.com - but they don't do color). The brushed steel from another firm looks nice. So, just imagine this in gold.

I think I'm going to order 100 from each of the above (plus the shop at MBK) and see which one works for me. And then I'll ask the Sultan of Brunei where he gets his namecards done.

The steel ones looked nice...so did the (cheaper) transparent ones... :D

I believe the former may well end up being used for some other function.... :o:D

Yes, looks nice this cards really, but has to do with metallic colors also IMO (i.e. gold and Platinum).

BTW I've had a PowerBook from Apple (G4) "Platinum" edition lightweight. My experience was, can only break and oxidate - the very thought from breaking the business cards in the wallets... Apple stopped after to produce it.

You're right.. I can probably get "the look" without using the actual metal.

If it looks and feels like a precious metal and has my name on it, it may be just as effective as one that *is* precious metal.

I'll find out how strong the brushed steel one is when I order it. Or maybe they can send me a sample :o