All ATM's to temporarily close Nov 14 for testing

webfact

ATM to temporarily close Nov 14 for testing

PNPBH571113001000102_13112014_095055.jpg

BANGKOK, 14 Nov 2014 (NNT) – All automatic teller machines will temporarily stop servicing between midnight of November 14 to early next day due to the system testing.

The Bank of Thailand reported that commercial bank customers would be unable to withdraw cash through ATMs of different banks other than that specified in their ATM cards, or make any transaction between domestic banks and foreign counterparts from the midnight of November 14 until 2 a.m. of November 15.

The central bank explained National ITMX Co. Ltd., provider of the inter-bank payment system, needed to stop teller and transaction systems between local banks and foreign ones for a short period in order to transfer the current ATM system to the new center.

The company will first examine the ATM system’s connectivity during 10 p.m. to midnight on November 14. The central bank confirmed the public could use ATMs as usual during that period, as the operation would not affect the services.

If a problem occurs while the testing is in process, the company and member banks will immediately switch to the old system to ensure normal services.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-13 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sensing a huge SNAFU coming our way.. Better stock up some cash wink.png

May I suggest doing a balance check, with proof, or an electronic passbook update before the fun starts ?

From what I've seen and heard it's not fun to have a dispute with a Thai bank who seem to operate the old fairground rule of ' fallen darts not returned ' so any documentary evidence might help if the event of something going wrong.

I don't think there is any need for you to start suggesting to the gullible that Thai banks are going to be robbing their customers money.

• Like 2

BANKING
ATM system change to halt transactions for two hours

BANGKOK: -- The Bank of Thailand announced on Thursday that commercial bank customers would be unable to conduct transactions with a different bank or with overseas banks through ATM machines for a short period on Friday night due to system testing.

The testing period will run from midnight to 2am on November 15, Central Bank’s spokesman Jirathep Seniwongse na Ayutthaya, said.

National ITMX, the interbank payment system provider, needs to halt teller and transaction systems between local and banks and local and foreign banks for a short period in order to transfer the current ATM system to the new centre.

The company will first examine the ATM system's connectivity from 10pm to midnight on November 14. The central bank confirmed the public could use ATMs as usual during that period, as the operation would not affect the services.

If a problem occurs while the testing is in process, the company and member banks will immediately switch to the old system to ensure normal service.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/ATM-system-change-to-halt-transactions-for-two-hou-30247671.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-13

Sensing a huge SNAFU coming our way.. Better stock up some cash wink.png

May I suggest doing a balance check, with proof, or an electronic passbook update before the fun starts ?

From what I've seen and heard it's not fun to have a dispute with a Thai bank who seem to operate the old fairground rule of ' fallen darts not returned ' so any documentary evidence might help if the event of something going wrong.

I don't think there is any need for you to start suggesting to the gullible that Thai banks are going to be robbing their customers money.

I don't think there is any need for you to suggest that Thai banks would reimburse any customer whose account was robbed.

• Like 1

They could sure explain this better instead the ring around the rosie wording that they use. From what I can ascertain I can use my Bangkok Bank card at a BKK machine but not at another banks machine. Gee I am 76 and confused enough lighten up on the confusion. My head is spinning