90 day report Jomtien Nov 13

Suradit69

Just did the 90 day report at Jomtien. Brought along all the usual photocopies and application despite reports from some people that all that was unnecessary now. They kept it all, tore off the bottom of the application and stapled it in the passport as they did in the past.

Twice in my last four reports they've entered something in the computer and handed back all the photocopies "for next time," but this time they kept it all ... so if you're about to do the report you might still want to bring along the usual.

But I was in and out of the office in about 1 minute, which was nice.

So let me confirm this. I've got the same thing in my passport now (info put into computer) but haven't been back. Was told now there will be no need to even fill out the form at all. Sounded to good to be true. Is it true? Thanks!

Edited by Jingthing

For the 20 Baht cost of copies I would advise to take them. My last 3 reports was '1 computer you dont need copies anymore' and 2 'I need the copies'.

Every time someone reports you dont need them it is followed by reports of 'I did'

For the cost of 4 copies it is not worth the hassle.

OP: Well I was at jomtiun last week for my 90 day report. Gave in the signed form only and nothing else. No other info was requested. i doubt if anything has changed since last week. Unless immigration request other documents no need to give any. I assume the OP supplied the other documents without any request.

Now that is silly.

Edited by R123

Actually it's not silly, there are three officers at the 90 day reporting desk and unless they have just upgraded all the desks only one officer has the computer link and does not need your copies, the other two officers are (were ?) still working the old system and do need your paperwork. Therefore it is pot luck which officer you get when your number is called. Might be useful if anyone is down there next week to check this out.

So nobody can confirm that IF they have already entered your data and you have the large paper form in your passport (more than the old small receipt) that you don't even need to fill out the form (no copies either of course)? I was told clearly no more filling out forms ... and I still don't believe it.

So nobody can confirm that IF they have already entered your data and you have the large paper form in your passport (more than the old small receipt) that you don't even need to fill out the form (no copies either of course)? I was told clearly no more filling out forms ... and I still don't believe it.

I can say it worked like that twice for me. Nothing to do except signing the computer form,

but last time the printer was out of order, so they switched back to the old system

and asked me for the usual copies... so better to always have them wink.png

• Like 1

I can say it worked like that twice for me. Nothing to do except signing the computer form,

but last time the printer was out of order, so they switched back to the old system

and asked me for the usual copies... so better to always have them wink.png

As I said before, I've handed everything in a few times and had the copies handed back to me and information was entered/checked on the computer. This time I handed it in and it was kept and other people doing the report were handing in more than just the application.

OP: Well I was at jomtiun last week for my 90 day report. Gave in the signed form only and nothing else. No other info was requested. i doubt if anything has changed since last week. Unless immigration request other documents no need to give any. I assume the OP supplied the other documents without any request.

Now that is silly.

Didn't notice if any other officer was or wasn't using "the" computer during my 60 second visit.

There's nothing silly about giving them the whole wad & getting out without even needing to sit down at the desk. Neither they nor I want to play games with what they want. I have photocopies done in town for something like Baht 3 each or my scanned computer printouts virtually free so I think I can cope with the cost. I do the same thing with annual extensions. I hand them everything they could possibly want and bear up under the possible extra 10 or 20 baht cost for unnecessary copies in exchange for getting processed quickly. Works for silly old me.

The way it was explained to me was, that if you have the stapled paper in your passport

and it has a barcode on it, then you only need to hand in your passport with that paper,

and they just scan the barcode.

If not, then you still need to do it the old way.

The way it was explained to me was, that if you have the stapled paper in your passport

and it has a barcode on it, then you only need to hand in your passport with that paper,

and they just scan the barcode.

Right, theatrically, but as I said before

it supposes that the whole system (computer, printer, officer, ...) is operational at that moment

and you can't know that before you arrive at the Report desk.