Plodprasob says Pheu Thai will not join charter writing process

webfact

Plodprasob says Pheu Thai will not join charter writing process

13-11-2557-16-54-38-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai party will not participate in any activities staged by the government set up by the military junta , including the drafting of a new constitution and reforming the country, said Mr Plodprasob Surasvadi, acting deputy leader of the party, today.

He said that the party had not been officially invited by the Constitution Drafting Committee to present its input for the new charter apart from a telephone call to join the meeting with the CDC.

He pointed out that the party could not send an official representative to meet the CDC but could, at best, offer some general views about the charter such as protection of the liberty and right for equal treatment and a true democratic rule.

Mr Plodprasob further said that any official view of the party concerning the charter would have to be discussed in the party or, at least, in the executive committee. He suggested that the martial law be eased to allow political parties to hold meetings.

Dr Weng Tochirakarn, a core member of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship, suggested that civic groups should also be invited to share their views on the new charter with the CDC. He also recommended that the martial law should be scrapped otherwise it would be accused later on that the new charter was drafted under martial law.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/plodprasob-says-pheu-thai-will-join-charter-writing-process/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-13

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just as well they dont go! The PTP and UDD idea about democracy are only self centered and have nothing to do with real democracy.

The only problem is that once the martial law is ended they will return screaming injustice and that it was the Armies fault they didnt get to make any input.

Or, they will just find sneaky ways to amend whatever laws and rules to benefit themselves.

In the unlikely event the army should ever stage a coup against a Democrat-led government, do you really think, the yellows would be eager to join talks about a new charter with the guys, who removed them from power??

The Yellows might not. The Democrats probably would.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In the unlikely event the army should ever stage a coup against a Democrat-led government, do you really think, the yellows would be eager to join talks about a new charter with the guys, who removed them from power??

Just as well they dont go! The PTP and UDD idea about democracy are only self centered and have nothing to do with real democracy.
The only problem is that once the martial law is ended they will return screaming injustice and that it was the Armies fault they didnt get to make any input.
Or, they will just find sneaky ways to amend whatever laws and rules to benefit themselves.

JOC , you ae volunteer to be eaten at the Safari Park in Chiang Mai? Or you need some propellers to brush up your mind?

• Like 2

If the charter writing with extra safeguards and the necessary reforms to go with it to make Thailand really democratic most 'yellows' will rue the day they asked for it.

Mind you, even with proper changes we still have the 67 million Thai who have to start to get used to 'real' democracy. Now that is a daunting task.

• Like 1

It would seem that the Pheu Thai party is really peeved at not being invited. They stated a few times before that they would not cooperate and not obstruct and adapt a 'wait-and-so' stance for the time till reforms and charter activities got more form.

Somehow it seems they are now annoyed taken by their word that they wouldn't cooperate. " 'not invited', tjeez did the NRC, CDC, whoever think we really meant it?"

As I wrote before, an overwhelming response could have had positive influences.

"I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you?"

With thanks to Monty Python

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

JOC , you ae volunteer to be eaten at the Safari Park in Chiang Mai? Or you need some propellers to brush up your mind?

If I was able to understand one word of your post, I would be more than happy to reply!!

It would seem that the Pheu Thai party is really peeved at not being invited. They stated a few times before that they would not cooperate and not obstruct and adapt a 'wait-and-so' stance for the time till reforms and charter activities got more form.

Somehow it seems they are now annoyed taken by their word that they wouldn't cooperate. " 'not invited', tjeez did the NRC, CDC, whoever think we really meant it?"

It would seem that the Pheu Thai party is really peeved at not being invited.

Despite your attempt to portray a political parties decision not to take part in any type of charter writing process which has come about as the result of a coup that removed democracy from Thailand, as some sort of petulance, it is more likely that the clarification of the PTP's position was due to this erroneous report

The Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) says it welcomes opinions from all sectors, and various political parties have already accepted its invitation to discuss the charter drafting.

The CDC is scheduled to hold discussions with those parties on the following dates: November 17th with the Pheu Thai Party,.........................

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/776208-several-political-parties-accept-to-participate-in-the-thai-charter-drafting-discussion/#entry8664800

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Despite your attempt to portray a political parties decision not to take part in any type of charter writing process which has come about as the result of a coup that removed democracy from Thailand, as some sort of petulance, it is more likely that the clarification of the PTP's position was due to this erroneous report

The Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) says it welcomes opinions from all sectors, and various political parties have already accepted its invitation to discuss the charter drafting.

The CDC is scheduled to hold discussions with those parties on the following dates: November 17th with the Pheu Thai Party,.........................

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/776208-several-political-parties-accept-to-participate-in-the-thai-charter-drafting-discussion/#entry8664800

Ah, thanks. I missed that one, been a bit busy lately.

So, Pheu Thai only got a phone call to ask them to join, but no formal invitation.

The "pointed out that the party could not send an official representative to meet the CDC but could, at best, offer some general views" in the OP is still a bit confusing then. Its not explicitly stated why they couldn't send an official representative. That may be related to the 'formal' stance of the party on not participating of course.

Ah, thanks. I missed that one, been a bit busy lately.

So, Pheu Thai only got a phone call to ask them to join, but no formal invitation.

The "pointed out that the party could not send an official representative to meet the CDC but could, at best, offer some general views" in the OP is still a bit confusing then. Its not explicitly stated why they couldn't send an official representative. That may be related to the 'formal' stance of the party on not participating of course.

"It would seem that the Pheu Thai party is really peeved at not being invited."

I think they're primarily peeved about the coup.

"The "pointed out that the party could not send an official representative to meet the CDC but could, at best, offer some general views" in the OP is still a bit confusing then."

Perhaps the party would like to have a meeting of five or more members before deciding on participation and input, but can't under martial law.

• Like 1