Lift martial law, restore democracy, UN chief tells PM Prayut

webfact

to exercise their democratic right to go to the ballotbox.

And if the Thais want a government controlled by Mr T, then it is their choice.

And all along the army was biding their time at the sidelines, waiting for the word from above!!

oh yeah, leftism at it's best: life with a tyranny is worse than death with democracy.

Much more than 50% of any human population are irresponsible. They can't work productively without supervision, for them $10 now is better than $100 tomorrow, unprotected sex - than consequences, alcohol (or drug) abuse - than hangover. Those who can't imagine oneself in another's place and consider life as pure fighting, divide the world into friends and foes only. In short - those who live by instincts.

It will always be like that.

And you give them a right to vote?

Edited by Jeffreyake

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And all along the army was biding their time at the sidelines, waiting for the word from above!!

oh yeah, leftism at it's best: life with a tyranny is worse than death with democracy.

Much more than 50% of any human population are irresponsible. They can't work productively without supervision, for them $10 now is better than $100 tomorrow, unprotected sex - than consequences, alcohol (or drug) abuse - than hangover. Those who can't imagine oneself in another's place and consider life as pure fighting. in short - those who live by instincts. It will always be like that.

What if the tyrant is among the 50% you speak of ?

• Like 1

Much more than 50% of any human population are irresponsible. They can't work productively without supervision, for them $10 now is better than $100 tomorrow, unprotected sex - than consequences, alcohol (or drug) abuse - than hangover. Those who can't imagine oneself in another's place and consider life as pure fighting. in short - those who live by instincts. It will always be like that.

bad luck

but actually the chance of it is considerably low - elites rarely choose an idiot.

Edited by Jeffreyake

bad luck

In that case I prefer to give people the right to vote, at least that way I have the chance of selecting someone that doesn't belong to the 50% you speak of. Even if that chance might not be great.

repeat: but actually the chance of it is considerably low - elites rarely choose an idiot.

elites become elites because they are not among those "more than 50%". so they sure can find an able person among them.

the best choice - tax election census - voters are only those, who pay tax more than get back.

Edited by Jeffreyake

The general claims they had no choice.. how about just stopping the protesters from blocking government and letting the elected government continue. Surely that's a better option?

So you would prefer an inept Government (that was selected...not elected) to continue with it's blatant corruption and putting the country in debt for countless generations ???

It is quite legal to have protests but it is illegal to have an uncontrollable armed group attack peaceful protesters..

Uncontrollable armed group? Oh ,you mean the coupsters army and police force.

repeat: but actually the chance of it is considerably low - elites rarely choose an idiot.

elites become elites because they are not among those "more than 50%". so they sure can find an able person among them.

the best choice - tax election census - voters are only those, who pay tax more than get back.

Here was me thinking that elites become elites by virtue of labour pains.

• Like 2

"Elites" are only elites because they have money, their intelligence cannot possibly be measured by their wealth, as the ways they obtained their money doesn't necessarily imply that their intelligence is above average. There are quite a few examples where elites have choosen an idiot.

I wonder if your view is shared by the general and his friends, I sure hope if it is, he won't get away with it.

Democracy of a country and the population of said country takes training of the private and civil sector, then when the attempt is made, it is put into practice and requires continuing and re education/tweaking in its practical application by both groups. The Thai system as referenced as a democratic system by the previous government and those who made up the bulk of its members has shown they were not effective in adminastration or following the rules of a simple demracy much less one that they try to steal the bulk of the budget paid by the general population via taxes (of some sort) for paying the countries obligations both domestic and foreign.

A old description of the lack of evolution of a system/people aquiring afore mentioned skills seems very descriptive," they are only one swing out of the tree"

• Like 1

"Elites" are only elites because they have money, their intelligence cannot possibly be measured by their wealth, as the ways they obtained their money doesn't necessarily imply that their intelligence is above average. There are quite a few examples where elites have choosen an idiot.

I wonder if your view is shared by the general and his friends, I sure hope if it is, he won't get away with it.

"their intelligence cannot possibly be measured by their wealth" I never seen a financially successful person saying this...

a fool can earn some money, but "A fool and his money are soon parted"

actually yes, money can't always measure intelligence, but can measure responsibility to take part in choosing country's future.

Irresponsible people loose money quickly, if not loose life first.

and yes, there are plenty of examples, when elites choose an idiot, irresponsible person, which is even worse. Elites chose, Hitler (together with general public) and Putin.

Edited by Jeffreyake

Well that should wipe out most of your elitists right to vote at a stroke! Given their cunning with share transactions and tax minimisation.

No body has the right to disenfranchise half the population because "they don`t have enough education to understand that they should only vote for us". That is B/s and was used to deny women the vote for centuries.

Only true time travelling fascists espouse that sort of supremacist/elitest junk imo.

But ok, do away with the EU, Un, move to N Korea, form the 4th Reich New Siam Order and be happy.

The general claims they had no choice.. how about just stopping the protesters from blocking government and letting the elected government continue. Surely that's a better option?

So you would prefer an inept Government (that was selected...not elected) to continue with it's blatant corruption and putting the country in debt for countless generations ???

It is quite legal to have protests but it is illegal to have an uncontrollable armed group attack peaceful protesters..

The previous government wasn't selected, it was elected and had the backing of 300 out of 500 seats in parliament.

The previous government was bought and paid for. Then they sold their souls to the black market man.

Well that should wipe out most of your elitists right to vote at a stroke! Given their cunning with share transactions and tax minimisation.

No body has the right to disenfranchise half the population because "they don`t have enough education to understand that they should only vote for us". That is B/s and was used to deny women the vote for centuries.

Only true time travelling fascists espouse that sort of supremacist/elitest junk imo.

But ok, do away with the EU, Un, move to N Korea, form the 4th Reich New Siam Order and be happy.

even with "cunning with share transactions and tax minimization" they pay to the state more than they get.

"No body has the right to disenfranchise half the population because"

say it to prosperous China and Singapore.

if a mom of 2 is a drug-addicted prostitute, in US you take her kids away by court order, but still leave her the right to vote - because she is the type of voter, any populist would die for.

"they don`t have enough education to understand that they should only vote for us".

I didn't say "education". I said intellectual capability. It's not possible to develop it by education.

Edited by Jeffreyake

The headline says it all then the article just spirals into more BS propaganda .

He's been told by the world to give Thailand back to the people yet he goes on about how the world understands and are supportive .

What the world understands is that you took power by the barrel of a gun from a democratic nation and you have been told in no uncertain terms to return it to the people.

The daily propaganda that hits the media is wearing very thin now as only die hard junta supporters are swallowing it and even they must be having trouble doing that.

Agreed, but he and his 'backers' have made it very difficult, if nigh on impossible, to find anyone to fill the boots of an honourable leader/form a party which is not self-serving and in it for all they can get. Spare the rod spoil the child and decades of suppression have seen to that. Perhaps that was the agenda all along whistling.gif You reap what you sow...

True and what was it the dear leader prayuth said when promoting a new education policy?

"Teachers asign difficult homework to students. The other day, I had a look at the homework of a Por Neung student (grade one) I must say, I didn't even know how to do it. Homework is to difficult for students."

The self appointed leader of the country can't even do grade one school work. I guess this is why the world laughs at him and shuns him.

True and what was it the dear leader prayuth said when promoting a new education policy?

"Teachers asign difficult homework to students. The other day, I had a look at the homework of a Por Neung student (grade one) I must say, I didn't even know how to do it. Homework is to difficult for students."

The self appointed leader of the country can't even do grade one school work. I guess this is why the world laughs at him and shuns him.

hey man, do you know what does the word "humor" mean?

Yes what a funny geezer the general is. Spike Milligan is turning in his grave.

The dear leader made a public announcement and spoke to Thai's on behalf of the world saying that the world was very happy with Thailand, the coup and martial law. The supreme leaders propaganda machines manure being fed to the mushrooms has come back to slap him in the face again. He should stop making announcements on behalf of others until he consults them 1st. How could anyone seriously believe a single thing said by this government.

Here is a clear two way decent conversation one of hope from the sec gen, the other explaining the situ.

Chooka your biased is showing very clear.

And you are not biased, right?

Not on your level no. I am going along with the lesser of 2 wrongs, The PM himself seems to have the people of Thailand in general in mind with an enormous task ahead, so I am waiting to see if eventually if he makes the transition. TIME, that you cannot wait for.

Unless any of you clever clan members can come up with all the words that were exchanged I am not interested.

You lot twist and turn and omit most and post silly snips that suit your rhetoric.

Didn't even know he was dead......................East ender are we.?? you have not the slightest idea if he is or not so why post it.

Lift martial law, restore democracy, UN chief tells PM

Thugs with guns only understand their own stuff-

I think sanctions need to be put in place

He mentioned he would be more pleased if the lifting could take place. IT was NOT an order.

2nd sentence sounds more like the Shin red army that was stopped in it's tracks by the PM -the reason for the intervention---

Sanctions ?? like not buy the rotten rice from Thailand??

Didn't even know he was dead......................East ender are we.?? you have not the slightest idea if he is or not so why post it.

The headline says it all then the article just spirals into more BS propaganda .

He's been told by the world to give Thailand back to the people yet he goes on about how the world understands and are supportive .

What the world understands is that you took power by the barrel of a gun from a democratic nation and you have been told in no uncertain terms to return it to the people.

The daily propaganda that hits the media is wearing very thin now as only die hard junta supporters are swallowing it and even they must be having trouble doing that.

other news reports do not go to the same efforts as this one to smooth over the criticisms received at the summit

even with "cunning with share transactions and tax minimization" they pay to the state more than they get.

"No body has the right to disenfranchise half the population because"

say it to prosperous China and Singapore.

if a mom of 2 is a drug-addicted prostitute, in US you take her kids away by court order, but still leave her the right to vote - because she is the type of voter, any populist would die for.

"they don`t have enough education to understand that they should only vote for us".

I didn't say "education". I said intellectual capability. It's not possible to develop it by education.

Good grief, if you were allowed a vote you'd be dangerous........................................coffee1.gif

Is it just me or does anyone else think Ban Ki-Moon is a complete waste of whatever money it costs to keep him ?.

He seems to fly around the world saying useless platitudes which make no difference at all. I remember his great 'Peace plan for Syria' where he basically said each side should stop killing each other as soon as possible. It was clear at the time what would happen next and it did : they ignored him completely.

Now he seems to pipe up about Thailand every time Thaksin needs him - I assume Mr Amsterdam has some lobbyist on the payroll.

What a joke.

• Like 1

Uncontrollable armed group? Oh ,you mean the coupsters army and police force.

No, he means the red-shirt terrorists firing grenades into crowds of civilians. Or the tomato police guarding bridges while a red-shirt sniper shoots at protestors.

How many people did the Army shoot up to now ?. Can you count that far ?.

Thailand cozying up (polite phrase for licking arse) to China and Russia so much is frankly quite worrying.

What is the road map to democracy again? When is the next election due, must be 2016 at this stage is it?

The red shirts on this thread are a bit nauseating, what is with the constant white washing of their past?

YES Pheu Thai won the elections

YES they bought votes and set up an aura of intimidation in rural areas to vote for them

YES they were insanely corrupt in every level in government

YES they wasted gigantic amounts of money on nonsense like the tablet scheme and the rice scheme

The truth of the matter is this - Pheu Thai were awful in government and the Democrats were nearly just as bad. Thailand has no political parties in it that aren't tainted by corruption and bad governance. Why do we waste time cheerl eading Thai political parties on this forum that

a) are corrupt to the core

b..) have no problems with resorting to illegal tactics when they lose an argument

c) don't give a flying duck about their immigrant population

I'm on this thread because I have an interest politics but there is no way in hell I am going to give a moment of my time bigging up the latest reincarnation of the Shinawatra clan in political party form or Abhisit's outrageous collection of old old money farts backed up by even older old money farts in the military.

OK then, that's your view and may well be correct. But, the rationale behind it suggests that Thailand can only be governed by a dictatorship of some sort, benign or otherwise.

That's up to them, but for goodness sake why don't the Thai's admit it and stop pretending they are a democracy - as the West etc would understand it?.

They cannot of course because they would lose so much trade, diplomatic and other support throughout the world.

So, we have this continuous sham of elections/coups/elections year in year out.

I actually find it very sad.