Lift martial law, restore democracy, UN chief tells PM Prayut

webfact

The headline says it all then the article just spirals into more BS propaganda .

He's been told by the world to give Thailand back to the people yet he goes on about how the world understands and are supportive .

What the world understands is that you took power by the barrel of a gun from a democratic nation and you have been told in no uncertain terms to return it to the people.

The daily propaganda that hits the media is wearing very thin now as only die hard junta supporters are swallowing it and even they must be having trouble doing that.

took power by the barrel of a gun

If I recall correctly that was Mao's mantra...one that Thaksin and the Reds have tried to emulate...except they came up against a bigger gun in Thailand this time.

No doubt the sheeple rabble rousers will try again to brainwash the county Thais with their bulls***.

This time however social media is far more effective and the people far better educated in that sense than they were in in the early 2000's. Ilive in a village in the North east and everyone is connected online, even the 72 year old MIL with her phone.

Good luck stuttering one - your propaganda machine is up against a far more socially educated populace in the country that you like to admit or acknowledge.

This is not to say a socially inclusive Party is not possible or even desirable but the the Red/Thaksin model is doomed IMHO..

Hopefully the PM can keep control long enough for the critical mass of Thai people to realise that there doesn't have to be a black and white choice between Red and Yellow and there could be a lot more in between to choose from. Then we will have democracy

Then urgency from the Red camp for elections shows that they are afraid of real people power as they may lose theirs. The days of a Pol Pot reformation are long gone and the sooner this is realised the better and then the country can move on and realise it's potential. We are in the Asian Century and I hope Thailand takes full advantage of that in a truly democratic society.

Edited by Mudcrab

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The general claims they had no choice.. how about just stopping the protesters from blocking government and letting the elected government continue. Surely that's a better option?

So you would prefer an inept Government (that was selected...not elected) to continue with it's blatant corruption and putting the country in debt for countless generations ???

It is quite legal to have protests but it is illegal to have an uncontrollable armed group attack peaceful protesters..

Uncontrollable armed group? Oh ,you mean the coupsters army and police force.

No, he means the red-shirt terrorists firing grenades into crowds of civilians. Or the tomato police guarding bridges while a red-shirt sniper shoots at protestors.

How many people did the Army shoot up to now ?. Can you count that far ?.

That's just because the people protesting weren't redshirts, as the last time they hit the streets, the PM didn't dissolve the house but sent the troops after them, resulting in over 90 deaths. Mind you the army sharpshooters didn't really shoot accurate as numerous people not involved were shot too.

The headline says it all then the article just spirals into more BS propaganda .

He's been told by the world to give Thailand back to the people yet he goes on about how the world understands and are supportive .

What the world understands is that you took power by the barrel of a gun from a democratic nation and you have been told in no uncertain terms to return it to the people.

The daily propaganda that hits the media is wearing very thin now as only die hard junta supporters are swallowing it and even they must be having trouble doing that.

If I recall correctly that was Mao's mantra...one that Thaksin and the Reds have tried to emulate...except they came up against a bigger gun in Thailand this time.

No doubt the sheeple rabble rousers will try again to brainwash the county Thais with their bulls***.

This time however social media is far more effective and the people far better educated in that sense than they were in in the early 2000's. Ilive in a village in the North east and everyone is connected online, even the 72 year old MIL with her phone.

Good luck stuttering one - your propaganda machine is up against a far more socially educated populace in the country that you like to admit or acknowledge.

This is not to say a socially inclusive Party is not possible or even desirable but the the Red/Thaksin model is doomed IMHO..

Considering the last election won by PTP by a landslide was just in 2011, I doubt social media would make one bit of difference, however we will have to wait quite a bit to find out due to the current ruling Junta.

repeat: but actually the chance of it is considerably low - elites rarely choose an idiot.

elites become elites because they are not among those "more than 50%". so they sure can find an able person among them.

the best choice - tax election census - voters are only those, who pay tax more than get back.

Very unfair.

The right to vote should be based on those that are over 6 feet 8 inches for men and 6 feet 4 inches for women.

This must be measured from bare feet.

The above does not apply to very rich people and those in military uniform or have the right to wear military uniform.

Edited by Thailand

Is it just me or does anyone else think Ban Ki-Moon is a complete waste of whatever money it costs to keep him ?.

He seems to fly around the world saying useless platitudes which make no difference at all. I remember his great 'Peace plan for Syria' where he basically said each side should stop killing each other as soon as possible. It was clear at the time what would happen next and it did : they ignored him completely.

Now he seems to pipe up about Thailand every time Thaksin needs him - I assume Mr Amsterdam has some lobbyist on the payroll.

What a joke.

Ban Ki-Moon has political science experts that have advised him on Thailand & no doubt they have read all the material that team yellow tries to ban, block and burn.

I would bet he has a very accurate grip on the situation when he meets a Strongman PM.

If you have read the wikileaks memos from the US Embassy in Thailand, you would have a good idea of the things that are discussed at the highest levels in the Gov. No secrets. Brutal truth. Honest evaluations sent back to the State Department or Secretary of State.

Wonder why The Nation never covered that wikileak story?

Considering the last election won by PTP by a landslide was just in 2011, I doubt social media would make one bit of difference, however we will have to wait quite a bit to find out due to the current ruling Junta.

You really don't understand the social media do you?

Kids who were 14 in 2011 and naive politically are now coming on to 18 and are switched on and in touch with the whole world - they are learning what is right/wrong/acceptable/unacceptable . 3 years is a very big time in the social media world old mate.

2011 was a landslide...really?? Take out the "barrel of a gun/vote buying" influence and I suggest you might see a different result next time.

In the aborted 2013 elections the result wasn't exactly in favour of the Reds in the stronghold areas that were actually counted.

From memory they were on the nose big time.

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 1

The general claims they had no choice.. how about just stopping the protesters from blocking government and letting the elected government continue. Surely that's a better option?

So you would prefer an inept Government (that was selected...not elected) to continue with it's blatant corruption and putting the country in debt for countless generations ???

It is quite legal to have protests but it is illegal to have an uncontrollable armed group attack peaceful protesters..

Corruption started before the Shins and continues after the Shins. The Army has been in control half of the time since 1932 and corruption has never decreased on their watch. Looks like the 3 trillion infrastructure projects (up from 2 trillion from the last government) will help that debt for countless generations.

The current government also fires on protesters.

This current government pledged to clean up the country, and that holds them to a higher standard. I don't even see them hold up to the previous standard.

But I do agree they had no choice - this was the only way that they would ever be able to hold power.

You really don't understand the social media do you?

Kids who were 14 in 2011 and naive politically are now coming on to 18 and are switched on and in touch with the whole world - they are learning what is right/wrong/acceptable/unacceptable . 3 years is a very big time in the social media world old mate.

2011 was a landslide...really?? Take out the "barrel of a gun/vote buying" influence and I suggest you might see a different result next time.

In the aborted 2013 elections the result wasn't exactly in favour of the Reds in the stronghold areas that were actually counted.

From memory they were on the nose big time.

PTP received 48.4% of the popular vote, well ahead of the Democrats which had only 35%, so yes a landslide victory.

As far as I know those aborted (or more accurately, sabotaged) elections were in februari 2014 and as far as I know no results have been made public.

Regardless, let's have them soon to test your theory. Somehow I doubt the PM will concur, for obvious reasons.

Let him take steps to make social media more effective and have freedom of speech and press and assembly restored. That way the Thai people get to hear and read beyond the current government propaganda.

Lift martial law, restore democracy, UN chief tells PM

Thugs with guns only understand their own stuff-

I think sanctions need to be put in place

He mentioned he would be more pleased if the lifting could take place. IT was NOT an order.

2nd sentence sounds more like the Shin red army that was stopped in it's tracks by the PM -the reason for the intervention---

Sanctions ?? like not buy the rotten rice from Thailand??

No need to go on with this "intervention" invention - even Prayuth admits to what the action on May 22 was:

Prayut explained to the UN chief the political situation in Thailand that had led to the coup against an elected civilian government.

• Like 1

The dear leader made a public announcement and spoke to Thai's on behalf of the world saying that the world was very happy with Thailand, the coup and martial law. The supreme leaders propaganda machines manure being fed to the mushrooms has come back to slap him in the face again. He should stop making announcements on behalf of others until he consults them 1st. How could anyone seriously believe a single thing said by this government.

I heard that before...said about Gillard and Krudd. All true in that respect.

He mentioned he would be more pleased if the lifting could take place. IT was NOT an order.

2nd sentence sounds more like the Shin red army that was stopped in it's tracks by the PM -the reason for the intervention---

No need to go on with this "intervention" invention - even Prayuth admits to what the action on May 22 was:

Prayut explained to the UN chief the political situation in Thailand that had led to the coup against an elected civilian government.

I use the word as I know now that it sticks in the throat of some clan members, so just to disappoint you I will continue with it, like a friendly coup Intervenes to stop the red Shin army from fully arming and mobilization towards BKK---it's true and gets up some of your noses.

the 'PM' must have simply misspoke. smile.png

the 'PM' must have simply misspoke. smile.png

You Missread, I said in my post friendly coup also. Try another crazy spin, read it again.

The UN knows there was a 'manufactured crisis' led by the Generals friend Suthep, that gave them a lame excuse for the coup.

The Army could have much more easily protected the voting polls when Sutheps gang of thugs disrupted the vote.

So Mr. "The UNO is not my father, Democracy is not my goal" Shinwatra can buy the elections?

I can't see how full scale vote buying is any more democratic than a coup.

Says who?

A view spouted by the 'elite'. Funnily enough, independent international observors found no issue at all (vote buying etc). In fact, Transparency International found the Abhisit government even more corrupt than any of the 'Shins and co' once it got the army to put them in power..

I'm no fan of Thaksin, but get your facts right. Hint. The right wing press in LOS is not always telling you the truth.

Who do you believe? Independent observers (non Thai) or Suthep?

Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

• Like 2

Any Mod want to tell me why a post I made on this thread was deleted it had been on here for days and was "Popular " with quite a few likes , about a dozen, so for what reason was it removed. And Ive sent mails to infoTV or whatever before and got no answer

The UN knows there was a 'manufactured crisis' led by the Generals friend Suthep, that gave them a lame excuse for the coup.

The Army could have much more easily protected the voting polls when Sutheps gang of thugs disrupted the vote.

Says it all in two sentences. Very concise analysis, no blx.

Edited by jesimps
  • Like 1

So Mr. "The UNO is not my father, Democracy is not my goal" Shinwatra can buy the elections?

I can't see how full scale vote buying is any more democratic than a coup.

You're repeating blx again.

Prayut told Ban that political conflict and violence in the Kingdom months ago offered the military no choice but to take action to maintain peace, law and order, according to Government Spokesman Yongyuth Mayalarp.

Claiming there was no other choice is so untrue. He had the option to support the democratically elected government (no matter what anyone thinks of them) and send his army to put down the insurrection. In most countries it is the duty of it's armed forces to obey the government, apparently not so in Thailand.

• Like 1

The dear leader made a public announcement and spoke to Thai's on behalf of the world saying that the world was very happy with Thailand, the coup and martial law. The supreme leaders propaganda machines manure being fed to the mushrooms has come back to slap him in the face again. He should stop making announcements on behalf of others until he consults them 1st. How could anyone seriously believe a single thing said by this government.

Here is a clear two way decent conversation one of hope from the sec gen, the other explaining the situ.

Chooka your biased is showing very clear.

Aren't you biased?

Here is a clear two way decent conversation one of hope from the sec gen, the other explaining the situ.

Chooka your biased is showing very clear.

Double post Edited by maxme

I use the word as I know now that it sticks in the throat of some clan members, so just to disappoint you I will continue with it, like a friendly coup Intervenes to stop the red Shin army from fully arming and mobilization towards BKK---it's true and gets up some of your noses.

If you're doing that just to get a "rise" out of members surely that's just trolling?

• Like 2

Great in theory - only the government that had been elected were acting illegally. People were being attacked and killed in order to maintain those illegal acts.

Handing over control of the country to a government acting illegally that is being totally controlled by a non elected criminal fugitive surely can not be a better option.

The real losers, as always are the Thai people. The 99.99% that don't won most of the wealth that is.

Yes " we only intervened to prevent a civil war"!! Yeah sure!

You seem to "forget" there was a election sceduled for Feb this their, where Suthep and his henchmen did everything in their power to prevent the Thai people, you care so much about, to exercise their democratic right to go to the ballotbox.

And if the Thais want a government controlled by Mr T, then it is their choice.

And all along the army was biding their time at the sidelines, waiting for the word from above!!

No, they intervened to prevent a caretaker government carrying on allowing violent attacks, murder and intimidation of any who dare oppose them.

Were you actually here when the very expensive and very ineffective CAPO weren't able to prevent these daily attacks and murders; or even catch one single culprit? (Well they did catch a few but simply let the go uncharged).

The large minority that voted PTP would no doubt have been a smaller minority than before. Whether a large enough minority to gain control of the government is highly speculative.

"I've not done anything wrong" says Yingluck. Just like her brother, the convicted criminal fugitive with 15 serious court cases waiting should he ever develop the balls to return, she has nothing but contempt for the law.

All along Thaksin has been trying to manipulate his whitewash amnesty so he can avoid any consequences for any previous actions and return to take power openly.

Prayut told Ban that political conflict and violence in the Kingdom months ago offered the military no choice but to take action to maintain peace, law and order, according to Government Spokesman Yongyuth Mayalarp.

Claiming there was no other choice is so untrue. He had the option to support the democratically elected government (no matter what anyone thinks of them) and send his army to put down the insurrection. In most countries it is the duty of it's armed forces to obey the government, apparently not so in Thailand.

It's not the duty of the army to obey orders that are not legal. The PTP administration was a caretaker administration. The UK army swear allegiance to HMQ, the Thai army to HMK. In constitutional monarchies the military must protect the constitution.

The police are charged with keeping law and order, and enforcing the law. The RTP were very firmly controlled by the Shiniwatra government and caretaker government. In 2010 and 2013/4 the RTP failed miserably to do their duty. Had they have done so, the military would not have had to intervene.

In most countries a corrupt government that acts illegally and publicly lies would not be tolerated, would be removed by the mechanisms laid down by law, and face the consequences. Apparently not so in Thailand.