78 Year old Brit escapes with his life during Crane Crash in North Pattaya

webfact

78 Year old Brit escapes with his life during Crane Crash in North Pattaya

crash-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 78 year old British Man was lucky to escape with his life after a street pylon fell onto his car following an out-of-control crane crash in North Pattaya, which saw a total of 5 vehicles, including a coach, sustain damage.

On Thursday afternoon, a crane, driven by Khun Pragorn aged 29, was being driven along the Sukhumvit Road towards North Pattaya. The driver claimed the vehicle suffered a brake failure and to avoid stationary motorbikes at the North Pattaya Traffic Lights on the Sukhumvit Road, he opted to take a sharp left onto the North Pattaya Road.

The crane first hit 2 cars and 2 pick-ups and came to rest after it slammed into the side of a Bangkok-Pattaya Coach which was about to turn into the North Pattaya Bus Terminal.

The crane also hit a street pylon in the central reservation which fell onto a Black Ford Car driven by Mr. Albert Finnegan aged 78, who was able to crawl out of his car uninjured despite the pylon falling onto the driver’s side of the car, which was stationary in a traffic jam at the time.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155234/78-year-old-brit-escapes-with-his-life-during-crane-crash-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-14

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All down to lack of vehicle maintenance i reckon,ie,brake failure,more than likely a maintenance issue,maintenance is an ugly word in Thailand.

Thats certainly the drivers claim. "The driver claimed the vehicle suffered a brake failure"

On the other hand I have witnessed careless driving on more than one occasion in Thailand.

I wonder if the driver has an HGV licence to be driving a crane? Pending a full investigation, I'll keep an open mind.

Edited by Pui
  • Like 1

Wow. He was lucky.

I really hope no people were sat on the back seats of the bus, not much chance to survive a ruddy great crane boom coming in through the side.

Lucky man, or unlucky depending on how you look at it.

Just once I'd like to see a witness/cop not pointing at a crime/accident scene

A four finger point too! Very rare.

I am afraid you can't cross "the 4-fingered point" off your I-Spy book yet, it looks more like a normal point but his fingers appear to be inexplicably stuck together. If you have a "sticky-fingered point" or a "webbed-hand point" in the book, you can cross them off. wai2.gif

• Like 1

Someone please explain the significance of a person pointing at the problem posing for a photograph. Who started the 'finger point?'

It is possible that police find it useful photo clarification for any subsequent evidence needed but my personal opinion is that I don't think it would occur if reporter's did not specifically ask for that pose. It is hardly a natural thing to do without being asked,

I wonder if they' would stop asking for the pose if the victims started to point with their middle-finger...tongue.png