Where can I buy the Probox2 EX 4K Android TV Box

n210mp

The problem then begins of how to set it all up.

I have moved the internet cable near to the back of the TV so that I can get a direct wire internet supply without the built in Wifi working and hence losing a percentage of the limited internet speed I have here from 3BB (8Mgs)

In trying in prepare for the arrival of the Minix and to increase my knowledge base of how to set the MInix up when it comes I downloaded the PC version of XMBC onto my laptop and played around with it for over an hour and but was stumped with all the technical jargon that the different Youtube videos give me in their tutorials.

Well I suppose I am on a learning curve but if anyone knows of a "Simple Simon" way of setting one of these boxes up I would appreciate them passing on their knowledge

This youtube tutorial video shows the latest Kodi (XBMC) installation and is quite well presented.

Thanks for that will give it a try, maybe its an age thing with me, I used to be able to follow directions quite well but then that was before the onset of "Old timers disease"

Once again thanks for this video, it looks at first glance the best I have seen so far.

However being old and doddery I still had a problem with following the instructions because it means flipping between pages and in XBMC you cannot do that.

Anyway for those like me who are too slow to remember what was said or instructed 20 seconds ago I have come up with a solution. (Ihope)

Most of us maybe have a second PC, laptop, Ipad, Iphone ,tablet

So simply set up one of these and go to this tutorial,

Set up the XBMC on whatever other devise you wish to add it to and then start the video on the standby device and this way you can follow the instructions at your own speed by simply pausing the tutorial at the point relevant to where you are in the process.

As I am still waiting for the Minix from Lazada I will continue to experiment on installing XBMC on my laptop

One thing I would mention with any android box it's useful to have a keyboard remote or a Logitech k400r wireless keyboard as when you search for tv shows or movies it can be a pain typing in the names with the normal remote. It's not essential to have but it does make life more easy. Cost is about 700- 1000 baht.

Also for viewing content I have best results using the 1 channel for movies and tv shows. For tv shows just add them to your favorites and you will get every season including the current season and any new episodes are added hours after they play in the states or the uk.

Amazing Thailand

I ordered the Minix from Lazada on the 17th of this month, I am still waiting!

On the 18th I told my friend in Bangkok about the box and He ordered it on the 18th....He got his the day after on the 19th

On the 19th I told another friend in Sattahip about the box and He ordered it on the 19th he got his on the 20th

At 9 0am today I received a phone call from a delivery driver who said He was in Lamchabang and on his way to me ...Its nearly 2 0 pm and I am still waiting!

All the machines were ordered the same way through the same company!

The mind boggles

Edited by n210mp

finally arrive 5.30pm, the driver wasn't the brightest shilling in the purse, got lost a few times, new on the job but because he was nice and apologetic for the delay He went away with a tip.

Well so far so good but the best advice I can give to myself is READ THE INSTRUCTIONS (3 times at least)

had to go to YOUTUBE to find that the minix 1 air mouse has the tiniest off/on switch (apart from the two others) on the bottom of the case, so small that unless you are told its there you wouldn't see it (Not with my eyes anyway)

Anyway I have managed to setup the wireless connection , the clock my google account and signed into my Youtube account and watched a video. (what a great picture in HD

Once I set all the add on ETC I know that this box will be a 1000% better than the TMP cable account that I am and have been using and putting up with for the last year or so, constant repeats, poor quality picture ETC ETC

• Like 1

One of the weak points of these android boxes is the wifi connection. If you have a marginal (<8mbps) connection, it would pay you to have a direct ethernet connection to your router. Also, the remote only lasts at the most 2 days before needing a recharge unless you turn it off, which I'm pretty sure no one does.

One of the weak points of these android boxes is the wifi connection. If you have a marginal (<8mbps) connection, it would pay you to have a direct ethernet connection to your router. Also, the remote only lasts at the most 2 days before needing a recharge unless you turn it off, which I'm pretty sure no one does.

Yes thanks for that and I have moved the router near to the TV and made a direct connection, my internet is from 3BB and although I am paying for the 690 Baht 8/10 Mgs package I seldom get any where near that and when the school kids are arriving home at 3 30pm ish it goes even worse!

Because of the practical problems of setting this box up near to the big TV and there being no table to work from which for me having not so good vision and dexterity, I wondered if I could set the box up further, installing the Add Ons Etc using my laptop screen on the kitchen table.

I can still attach the internet cable directly, just a thought, maybe someone know whether this would be possible.

I did think of taking the Minix down to those guys who have a Computer repair shop just further down the road than TUKCOM (They used to have a PC repair place in TUKCOM at the end of the second floor I think) asking them to set the box up with all the APPs and software that I need for accessing the TV channels from Europe that I need.

I use them for all my PC repairs and find them honest and efficient and patient with this old git!

Off up Soi Siam now on the bike so will attempt part two of the setup after my ride

Edited by n210mp

I would set the box up following the tutorial i posted in post 27.

Reason is that there are many ways to set these box's up and this

could mean setting it up without getting the best results.

The video in post 27 is the latest version of Kodi and with adding the repositories

explained in the vid will give you the best results.

The video in post 27 is the latest version of Kodi and with adding the repositories

Thanks sotsira for your posts

I think that you are referring to the setting up of a stand alone XBMC software on a PC?

At this time I am trying to set up the Minix neo X8-H on my 50' TV

The version of XBMC I think is different on the preloaded XBMC in the Minix.

I am having a rest at the moment, becoming a little frustrated at my own inadequacy in following what for a younger and more perceptive mind would be childs play!

I will be having another go later this morning when I have looked at the videos in your post and others that the same maker has there on his site

Can I say though once again a big" thank you" for your help, the videos are great and next I am going to get the big screen TV and my laptop together so that I can do a complete install step by step on the Minix attached to the big screen TV and at the same time being able to pause the instructional video on the laptop whilst I input the last command from Mr spoon

I am hoping that the force is with me!

I think that you are referring to the setting up of a stand alone XBMC software on a PC?

I am having a rest at the moment, becoming a little frustrated at my own inadequacy in following what for a younger and more perceptive mind would be childs play!

I will be having another go later this morning when I have looked at the videos in your post and others that the same maker has there on his site

Can I say though once again a big" thank you" for your help, the videos are great and next I am going to get the big screen TV and my laptop together so that I can do a complete install step by step on the Minix attached to the big screen TV and at the same time being able to pause the instructional video on the laptop whilst I input the last command from Mr spoon

interesting stuff. will be getting a box in few months time when UKTV contract is up.

setting it up with TV or laptop I should have thought would follow the same,just tv controls to find the box,but then you could use your laptop and split the screen..

they are good though,friend did show me his and can well imagine it is a bit daunting to set up as his was pre programmed,but I guess it all comes together eventually.

just wonder if there is any great difference between all the boxes. all the best

interesting stuff. will be getting a box in few months time when UKTV contract is up.

setting it up with TV or laptop I should have thought would follow the same,just tv controls to find the box,but then you could use your laptop and split the screen..

they are good though,friend did show me his and can well imagine it is a bit daunting to set up as his was pre programmed,but I guess it all comes together eventually.

just wonder if there is any great difference between all the boxes. all the best

Success on both counts.

I cheated with the Minix and had a chap locally who sells fully loaded boxes in the area to do me a full install of the software for the Minix neo 8X - H for 500Baht

He was new to the latest Minix but said that it was the best Android box that he had seen especially in the speed of the downloads.

So tonight the the big boss wanted to watch all the Thai soaps and so I went into the kitchen and followed the video from Sotsira (Thanks once again sotsira) on my Ipad whilst installing XMBC on my laptop

To my delight and complete amazement it was a success, so now I have two devices which I can stream from.

I must say that although I admit to failing sight, lack of enthusiasm and the beginning of Old timers disease these Android boxes are not for the faint hearted.

I think that all will be OK once I have got my head around where to actually find my TV channels from the differing Apps and sources available.

In other words I think that if you stick at it and make the effort any normal person even like me with a minimum of IT experience can operate and understand theses great devices.

Tonight I managed to watch a little of Gold rush from the Discovery channel, Fox news, Mrs Brown boys and countless other programs that I just picked at random and I think most were in HD

Edited by n210mp

Success on both counts.

I cheated with the Minix and had a chap locally who sells fully loaded boxes in the area to do me a full install of the software for the Minix neo 8X - H for 500Baht

He was new to the latest Minix but said that it was the best Android box that he had seen especially in the speed of the downloads.

So tonight the the big boss wanted to watch all the Thai soaps and so I went into the kitchen and followed the video from Sotsira (Thanks once again sotsira) on my Ipad whilst installing XMBC on my laptop

To my delight and complete amazement it was a success, so now I have two devices which I can stream from.

I must say that although I admit to failing sight, lack of enthusiasm and the beginning of Old timers disease these Android boxes are not for the faint hearted.

I think that all will be OK once I have got my head around where to actually find my TV channels from the differing Apps and sources available.

In other words I think that if you stick at it and make the effort any normal person even like me with a minimum of IT experience can operate and understand theses great devices.

Tonight I managed to watch a little of Gold rush from the Discovery channel, Fox news, Mrs Brown boys and countless other programs that I just picked at random and I think most were in HD

Since I have a slow connection, can you download the movies,tv shows etc. to your PC's hard drive?

f you have XMBC downloaded on your PC then you will be downloading to your PCs hard drive in any case, so no problem there for you as long as you hve plenty of space on your PCs disc.

If you are buying the Minix Neo X8-H then you can buy a storage card up to 64Gb and download to that but you can I assume download to the built in storage up to 16Gb which maybe a few films

hope that I am giving you correct info here frodo but no doubt some of the really knowledgeable members will put me right.

This afternoon spent messing around with the Minix box and things are becoming simpler and more manageable.

The only problem so far is that about 4 0pm when the kids start opening their tablets and PCs after school in the Pattaya area the 3BB 10 Meg internet connection that I am using starts to fade away and if watching a film from the great "Showbox" App the buffering begins and makes the film unwatchable.

So the idea is to download any films when the internet is quiet and then watch them uninterrupted at a later time.

I think that once I get more acquainted with the box it will just get better and better.

• Like 2