Personal tax allowance for rental income

Can anyone tell me what is the personal tax allowance for ordinary mortals in Thailand?

I have some rental income from a time share and they take off tax at source but I am not sure how they have calculated it. I understand the withholding tax should be 5% but they have only taken about 3% and I wonder if the personal allowance has been factored in. Thanks in advance

Edited by Card

The basic personal allowance is THB 30,000, but while this would be applied in calculating employment income tax withheld at source, it would not be applied to withholding tax on rent (normally 5%). It may be that the management company of your timeshare is applying the 3% rate for professional fees or service income.

The basic personal allowance is THB 30,000, but while this would be applied in calculating employment income tax withheld at source, it would not be applied to withholding tax on rent (normally 5%). It may be that the management company of your timeshare is applying the 3% rate for professional fees or service income.

Thank you. Yes, I found that out after I posted my question. It seems to be the case.