Mathayom 3 student wins Thai Supermodel 2014

webfact

What a bunch of kill joys. Let the girl enjoy her 15 minutes of fame.

Or better still let her enjoy her childhood instead of being pressured to show off her body to perverts who prey on girls of this age.

Get real. This type of competition, for all ages is common. These competitions aren't aimed at the dirty pervert brigade. Children all over the world take part in activities like this. I doubt they were wearing skimpy clothes as you seem to imagine.

These competitions vary in content. Some are modelling, some have to sing, dance, answer questions or whatever. I've been to a number of these shows. The contestants are nice, thoroughly enjoy it and have good fun together. One or two parents take it too seriously and get too competitive, as you might expect. This being Thailand, there are often competitions where the results are "a little surprising"; and I've seen audiences boo and argue at schools/temples competitions. But never the kids.

How do you know she was pressured? Does it occur to you she may actually enjoy this?

The PC brigade only want children to do activities they personally approve of, as with all things.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

I'm sure all of you guys trashing this girl's looks are a great bunch of handsome specimens.

She is a pretty enough 15 year old girl, but she isn't a super model

The problem is with the choice of title for the competition. Bit like Miss Universe - don't see many competitors other than from earth smile.png

Many modelling / acting / performing arts schools run these shows. Usually their own students do very well! It costs to enter and costs for seats. It's expected that they will have these shows and competitions and each organizations tries to dream up better and bigger more important sounding titles. All marketing hype.

As usual, all to do with money.

why would a 15 year old need a car?

Absolute ludicrous.

As for her looks, she still looks like a school girl - sweaty armpits, hairy legs

One of the kids I'm coaching was given a new Honda Civic for his 15th birthday. At the age of 16 he has the Civic, a Hilux and a powerful motorbike. Here in Thailand if you've got the cash you an get away with Anything!

Or better still let her enjoy her childhood instead of being pressured to show off her body to perverts who prey on girls of this age.

I shore am glad my country wouldn't do stuff like that. Brooke Shields at 15 years of age below.biggrin.png

post-187908-0-64849100-1415976586_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

I shore am glad my country wouldn't do stuff like that. Brooke Shields at 15 years of age below.biggrin.png

Yeap. So easy to come to Thailand and try to pass judgement on everything. Hypocracy at its best.

• Like 1

I'm sure all of you guys trashing this girl's looks are a great bunch of handsome specimens.

Frank ... it matter little what 'we' look like ... we aren't entered in a Supermodel competition.

We are being sold the fact that this girl/woman, a 15 yo School girl has been voted as the winner of the Thai Supermodel contest.

Her features have been awarded the most desirable and her professional style is the best that Thailand has to offer ... w00t.gif

She an attractive looking girl.

I'm sure her Dad is proud.

• Like 1

Get real. This type of competition, for all ages is common. These competitions aren't aimed at the dirty pervert brigade. Children all over the world take part in activities like this. I doubt they were wearing skimpy clothes as you seem to imagine.

These competitions vary in content. Some are modelling, some have to sing, dance, answer questions or whatever. I've been to a number of these shows. The contestants are nice, thoroughly enjoy it and have good fun together. One or two parents take it too seriously and get too competitive, as you might expect. This being Thailand, there are often competitions where the results are "a little surprising"; and I've seen audiences boo and argue at schools/temples competitions. But never the kids.

How do you know she was pressured? Does it occur to you she may actually enjoy this?

The PC brigade only want children to do activities they personally approve of, as with all things.

Well you have your level of what you find acceptable and I have mine.

In my view 90% of the children in these types of competition are pushed into taking part by over zealous parents who want their little baby to be ‘special’ without having to learn a talent.

It still never fails to shock me when I walk into a shopping mall and there is another child beauty/cheerleader contest where the children (yes children) are dressed up like sluts and have a make up makeover that would not look out of place in Nana plaza.

Which parent would allow

Have you seen the amount of old men who attend these events?

Children should be allowed to be children and not forced/allowed to flaunt their bodies for all and the world to ogle over.

Yeap. So easy to come to Thailand and try to pass judgement on everything. Hypocracy at its best.

If I'm ruining your fun I apologize.

Please continue to ogle this 15 year old at your own leisure. biggrin.png

My post is not about Thailand it is about children.

Brooke Shields mother should have been hung for the way she forced her daughter into show business.

No I don't think so. This poor soul is another wanabee digital pikey posting from his home country dreaming of the good life in Thailand from what he sees on the web. Had he ever been to Thailand he would know these events are attended by families and not single men in raincoats as in his home country.

My post is not about Thailand it is about children.

Brooke Shields mother should have been hung for the way she forced her daughter into show business.

Along with the hundreds below and every parent of a child ever to appear in a parade or children's talent show in school. If you ever had children you would know this is part of growing up. Some children have the ability to perform in public and others don't. It's the precocious children asking mom and pop to front the money for the costumes that sometimes become a concern. Thailand has sport days and countless holidays that the children dress up and perform that's one of the reasons the kids are well adjusted later in life and don't need all the anti depressant pills that plague the West.

List of former child actors from the United States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_child_actors_from_the_United_States

No I don't think so. This poor soul is another wanabee digital pikey posting from his home country dreaming of the good life in Thailand from what he sees on the web. Had he ever been to Thailand he would know these events are attended by families and not single men in raincoats as in his home country.

Like I say, if this is your thing you can keep enjoying it.

Why come on a Thai forum to push your perv ideas and cast aspersions on something every parent knows is normal. What perverted delight to you take in mocking normal people?

You wrote, "Or better still let her enjoy her childhood instead of being pressured to show off her body to perverts who prey on girls of this age." Because the kids want to do it. For the average parent it is just another expense for a costume and snapshots that will be forgotten in five minutes. Some children have the talent and beauty to make it but you come on here to mock their success. Why? You have never been to Thailand or had any children. You are not in even the smallest detail qualified to comment.

• Like 1

Chairman Of The Board, on 15 Nov 2014 - 07:41, said:snapback.png

thailiketoo, on 15 Nov 2014 - 07:26, said:snapback.png

Why come on a Thai forum to push your perv ideas and cast aspersions on something every parent knows is normal. What perverted delight to you take in mocking normal people?

You wrote, "Or better still let her enjoy her childhood instead of being pressured to show off her body to perverts who prey on girls of this age." Because the kids want to do it. For the average parent it is just another expense for a costume and snapshots that will be forgotten in five minutes. Some children have the talent and beauty to make it but you come on here to mock their success. Why? You have never been to Thailand or had any children. You are not in even the smallest detail qualified to comment.

Firstly I do live in Thailand, secondly I do have children, My oldest is a 16 year old girl.

You call me a perv but you are the one who enjoys this kind of thing.

If a child is beautiful then by all means take a picture of the natural beauty (their face).

There is no need to dress a child in full make up and a leotard just to show off their beauty.

If you feel that you really need to look at little girls in questionable outfits then there are websites that will cater to your needs, but don't come on here and try to make excuses up for the things that rock your boat and at the same time accuse someone with a moral code of being a perv.

Edited by Chairman Of The Board
  • Like 1

Having read what COB has written, I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about, but it's an impressive rant from you.

The poster that you are attacking does live in Thailand, so you can cross the first one of the list. The Poster also has Children, so you can cross that one off the list. The Poster also has a proper Ex-Pat job, so you can cross that one off the list as well.

You may well think you are Thaier than Thai, but clearly if you know anything about good parenting you wouldn't have made these comments.

The whole fashion / modelling worlD is well known for it's shallowness, falseness and exploitation - only a few really make it, the rest are exploited and cast away - many end up with Mental Health or Substance abuse issues. Who really gets rich on it? Think about it.

I mentioned in an earlier post how my daughter did several shots a few years back, Mrs T thought it would be good - three adverts and staring in a music video and that was enough to see the type of fools that get involved in that. I'd rather let my children enjoy their childhood - you know, playing with their friends, swimming, going to school, going on trips at the weekends, horseriding etc. My eldest daughter has been asked a number of times to undertake modelling competitions - no bloody way, and she is not in the lease bit interested either. prefers to muck out stables.

The young girl that won this competition is nothing special, although she is a pretty enough 15 year old. A million Baht and a car, is precisely the wrong message being sent out though, IMO.

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

She is a pretty enough 15 year old girl, but she isn't a super model

Well shes better looking than Kate Moss, but who isn't.

whao

whoa

MR Dave ... I think we are getting confused who we are talking about here.

Mr Toad's daughter is not up for discussion.

Dave, I think that you need to re-read the post.

Mr.Dave is talking about the girl who won the super model comp and not Toady's daughter.

Edited by Chairman Of The Board
  • Like 2

Having read what COB has written, I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about, but it's an impressive rant from you.

The poster that you are attacking does live in Thailand, so you can cross the first one of the list. The Poster also has Children, so you can cross that one off the list. The Poster also has a proper Ex-Pat job, so you can cross that one off the list as well.

You may well think you are Thaier than Thai, but clearly if you know anything about good parenting you wouldn't have made these comments.

The whole fashion / modelling worlD is well known for it's shallowness, falseness and exploitation - only a few really make it, the rest are exploited and cast away - many end up with Mental Health or Substance abuse issues. Who really gets rich on it? Think about it.

I mentioned in an earlier post how my daughter did several shots a few years back, Mrs T thought it would be good - three adverts and staring in a music video and that was enough to see the type of fools that get involved in that. I'd rather let my children enjoy their childhood - you know, playing with their friends, swimming, going to school, going on trips at the weekends, horseriding etc. My eldest daughter has been asked a number of times to undertake modelling competitions - no bloody way, and she is not in the lease bit interested either. prefers to muck out stables.

The young girl that won this competition is nothing special, although she is a pretty enough 15 year old. A million Baht and a car, is precisely the wrong message being sent out though, IMO.

1. After reading his posts about an ed visa and online poker playing I don't think the guy lives in Thailand. What makes you think he does? 2. What is wrong with a car and cash for a model contestant prize? 3. Would a car and cash be OK if it was an education prize? 4. I have a daughter that did the whole child fashion model thing. She got a degree and now produces TV shows for big bucks and is a well respected professional woman.

On a separate issue anyone living in Thailand knows that every show has children dressed up in outfits dancing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5YP7wSQ7aE

15 year girls wear bikinis (close to T-backs) at beaches all over the USA which are ten times more provocative than anything in that contest and it's perfectly legal.

You guys want to know about perversion talk Jimmy Savile and why was that allowed to continue for so long or Rotherham.

Trying to play the perv card on me or anyone else here about a model contest is disingenuous at best.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1