Low profile tires with longevity in Pattaya

marmaduke

First pair of 22" tires were Taiwan we got 20,000 K only.

Second set are Yokohama's have 25,000 K so far, hope to get 30,000 K.

I have heard American tires get 50,000 miles and am tired of these pathetic tires here in Thailand.

Can anyone help with info on low profile 22" tires that come with a guarantee of at least 50,000 Kilometers or better.

Just finished off a set of 17" Deestone tires. One year, 40,000 Klicks. Cheapest tire in the market, unfortunately they haven't had them at the shop today so I settled with maxx tires, they were 2550 each. Won't spend anymore extra for expensive brands

We have a truck and it came with Bridgestone, done 70k I'm and still going strong with good tread still on the tyre. We have checked with the shop and they are priced around 4550 baht each and would certainly buy/replace with them again.

• Like 1

We have a truck and it came with Bridgestone, done 70k I'm and still going strong with good tread still on the tyre. We have checked with the shop and they are priced around 4550 baht each and would certainly buy/replace with them again.

Falcon,

Thanks for post. Can you tell me the model name or number of that tire and size?

I had Michelin original tyre on my Mazda BT-50 truck. 74,000 km and still on the truck. Mostly highway driving as I live in outside the city.

I've got original Michelin's on my Honda. Mainly city driving, I'm at 35,000km and they need replacing. Very disappointed.

Back in the US, tires came with a 3-5 year warranty, limited to some 50k miles or so. If you got a flat, they fixed it for free. Can't repair the tire? You get a rebate on the new tire based on the old tire's wear. Free balancing and rotation every 5k miles or so. But I think the tires cost a bit more???? I'll know soon as I'm in desperate need of a new set of tires!

http://media.tbccentral.com/images/content/warranty/warrantypad-rev.12-2012-front.pdf

As for best place here in Pattaya, I like the tire shop on the left side of Suk as you are headed north, and about 200M or so before the intersection with North Pattaya road.

Raro's tire shop is on Soi Siam Country Club. A bit before the traffic light on the right, maybe 2km from the RR tracks??? Not 100% sure of the location, but they seem like good people.

The factory-fitted tyres on my pick-up are also Brigestone and they look like new after 20,000km. I think the replacement price is about 5000B.

First get rid of the dam low profiles. more tread between the road and rim the better . Yes the USA has 30,000 40,000 60,000 and even 80,000 mile tires and if you rotate properly and drive normal they will last. I have always purchased the 60,000 mile ones and have never had a problem with them lasting. I am shocked at some of the sh...t tires Thailand passes off on people.

60,000 km is only about 38,000 miles Why is Thailand charging so much for such a pathetic piece of rubber.

• Like 1

As for best place here in Pattaya, I like the tire shop on the left side of Suk as you are headed north, and about 200M or so before the intersection with North Pattaya road.

Agree about the above Sukhumvit tire shop. I have 19 inch tires. Just replaced Hankook after 60,000 KM(2 1/2 years). Garage said don't wait that long again.

235/45/19 paid 7,200 each for Hankook. Went to 4 other shops, was quoted 9,900 to 8,000 baht for he same tire.

No-one carried another brand in my size.

Falcon,

Thanks for post. Can you tell me the model name or number of that tire and size?

You want low profile tyres on a truck? I thought low profile was for performance vehicles and teenage show offs (not saying you are in the latter category)?

Falcon,

You want low profile tyres on a truck? I thought low profile was for performance vehicles and teenage show offs (not saying you are in the latter category)?

Yes - low profile are considerably more prone to damage. On rough roads though, so no problem in Thailand ;-)

Low profile are best for extreme handling eg on the track.

• 3 weeks later...

Falcon,

Sorry, didn't see the post.

Our tires are the ones that it came with when bought new, I don't know what low profile tires are or whether the truck has them fitted. In fact, I really know nothing of cars, I just drive them :) we'll be replacing the tires in a couple weeks, Bridgestone again I think, normal 17" tires priced at 4550.

Our pickup uses Bridgestones, they are expensive but thay have lasted over 70,000 clicks and still good. I got new ones and gave the Bridgeys to the brother in law, because the ones he used on his pickup were down bald !

That was one year ago and he still uses them.

It's a nick above 24,000 THB for a set of 4 new Bridgeys, but I would always do it again, Very good grip on wet roads, very good traction.

Me think you can have tires for half this price, but then you must sum up all the advantages of the more expensive ones. If you are just doing small trips on village roads, down to the market and back, that's fine. If you are planning holiday trips, crosscountry up north and south of Thailand, better get quality pneus.

We ran into a nail last year, I took the brand new spare tire plus added one new onto the axle, and replaced the spare tire with the punctured one after they had it fixed. Keep in mind, sometimes light bends in the steering rods can result in uneven wear of the front tires. Always check and have the steering alightened in case such a situation arises. It's not uncommon here due to all these sudden dashes into large potholes when unattended a glimpse of an eye. Check your steering from time to time . . . on an even, flat road let the wheel go and see if your car keeps driving straight

Badly alightened steering can ruin even a brand new quality tire real quick - they wear out unevenly

Edited by crazygreg44

• 2 weeks later...

First get rid of the dam low profiles. more tread between the road and rim the better . Yes the USA has 30,000 40,000 60,000 and even 80,000 mile tires and if you rotate properly and drive normal they will last. I have always purchased the 60,000 mile ones and have never had a problem with them lasting. I am shocked at some of the sh...t tires Thailand passes off on people.

60,000 km is only about 38,000 miles Why is Thailand charging so much for such a pathetic piece of rubber.

HEllo,

I really hate my low profiles tires except for look.

I have 225/45, what do you think I could use and are they cheaper if not low profile ?

Thank you.