Policeman seen kicking a suspect transferred

Lite Beer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should also immediately suspend the other officers on the scene for witnessing an assult and failing to arrest the officer.

This is obviously an accepted way of dealing with people from the lack of action by the other officers. Must have been trained from the same manual as those involved in the Koh Tao arrests.

Torture never happens in the Thai justice system? Really. Well General, you have a video, tell the world by your actions whether this is acceptable.

Yeah and perhaps the police who beat 7 shades out of Rodney King, or the British police who shot the Brazilian guy for no reason were on the Koh Tao case too......

I am far from a Thai apologist as anyone who has seen some of my other posts can confirm, but this does go on everywhere.

If it were my car he crashed into or if my child was on the street, I would wanna boot the pr1ck in the face too (no excuse for a copper though).

Your son might be indeed be on the street handcuffed and being kicked in the head by this filth who has just planted drugs on him. Alternatively he and his buddies might be raping your daughter at the local cop shop.

Those who approve of this type of police morality should embrace it wholeheartedly for themselves and their families too, not just for the ordinary Thais who are usually on the receiving end. I can't remember the Red Bull brat getting kicked unconscious by the cops after killing one of them while drunk and high as a kite and then trying to fit his own driver up for the crime. Nothing but deeply respectful wais from the cops with outsretched hands then. A privilege for our colleague to be killed by someone from such a distinguished family Sir kraphom.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

I am really of two minds regarding this incident.

On one hand, the cop is acting absolutely stupidly, cowardly and criminally (in no particular order).

The other hand, knowing Thailand's justice system, the kick in the face could be the only real punishment this drunk scum gets...

• Like 1

Should have been charged with assault and suspended without pay. The victim is defenceless, handcuffed and on the ground. The officer is scum and there is no justified excuse for his actions. Just imagine the low life scum they are going to get with conscription to the BIB

if this was the UK he would have been beaten with a baton pepper sprayed or poss tazered. All you do Gooders need to get real. He was caught redhanded this is not 2 goats in Koh Tao. Bang to rights. He deserved what he got. Personally I would have had a few of his teeth out as well. I think he got of lightly.

Quite so, but he would have been tasered before the handcuffs were put on. He would not have been kicked in the head while defenceless.

The cop was wrong.

Should have been charged with assault and suspended without pay. The victim is defenceless, handcuffed and on the ground. The officer is scum and there is no justified excuse for his actions. Just imagine the low life scum they are going to get with conscription to the BIB

if this was the UK he would have been beaten with a baton pepper sprayed or poss tazered. All you do Gooders need to get real. He was caught redhanded this is not 2 goats in Koh Tao. Bang to rights. He deserved what he got. Personally I would have had a few of his teeth out as well. I think he got of lightly.

Totally agree, he's probably got no license, no MOT no insurance. Drives drunk and hits other cars, not stopping at the scene. Thats several year prison anywhere. Here he gets a bit of a kicking, seems appropriate to me. Drink driving is endemic here. Hundreds of innocent lives lost every year. The ends justify the means. If it serves as a deterrent to savages then its fine with me. I hope he got a further beating later.

Edited by Pui

They should also immediately suspend the other officers on the scene for witnessing an assult and failing to arrest the officer.

This is obviously an accepted way of dealing with people from the lack of action by the other officers. Must have been trained from the same manual as those involved in the Koh Tao arrests.

Torture never happens in the Thai justice system? Really. Well General, you have a video, tell the world by your actions whether this is acceptable.

Yeah and perhaps the police who beat 7 shades out of Rodney King, or the British police who shot the Brazilian guy for no reason were on the Koh Tao case too......

I am far from a Thai apologist as anyone who has seen some of my other posts can confirm, but this does go on everywhere.

If it were my car he crashed into or if my child was on the street, I would wanna boot the pr1ck in the face too (no excuse for a copper though).

Your son might be indeed be on the street handcuffed and being kicked in the head by this filth who has just planted drugs on him. Alternatively he and his buddies might be raping your daughter at the local cop shop.

Those who approve of this type of police morality should embrace it wholeheartedly for themselves and their families too, not just for the ordinary Thais who are usually on the receiving end. I can't remember the Red Bull brat getting kicked unconscious by the cops after killing one of them while drunk and high as a kite and then trying to fit his own driver up for the crime. Nothing but deeply respectful wais from the cops with outsretched hands then. A privilege for our colleague to be killed by someone from such a distinguished family Sir kraphom.

You did ready the very last things I said about "(no excuse for a copper though)"????? Guess not!!! what I would want to do to him and what a copper should do to him are 2 separate things!!!

Do love it when people take part of what you say, and then make up a story in which your child is raped in a scenario. Bored by any chance?

Edited by JeremyBowskill

Adrenaline kicks in after a vehicle pursuit and altercation.

Too bad the drunk chose to endanger all those lives when he chose to drive drunk and resist arrest.

What the drunk did doesn't matter! Absolutely no excuse for a policeman kicking a handcuffed man in the face. In most civilized countries the cop would be suspended without pay pending an investigation and probable criminal assault charges.

But here I imagine he will be back on active duty in a month or so. Very sad.

I agree it's DISGUSTING behavior by a cop. However, as someone who works in law enforcement in the U.S. I have to tell you that in the U.S. law enforcement officers kill people frequently and are frequently found to be not at fault (after a paid vacation during investigation) then sue for damages and to get their jobs back if they were dismissed. Look up the killing of Kelly Thomas. The only thing that brings down the death toll in the U.S. is mandated body cameras for cops (see Rialto, CA) which resulted in a massive drop in use of force incidents as well as an almost equal drop in complaints regarding police. The U.S. has a terrible problem with abuse by cop, and most jurys find - no matter how horrible the situation - in favor of the cop because we've all been raised to believe tha the are the good guys, wouldn't jeopardize their pensions to behave badly, etc. Seriously, check out the Kelly Thomas killing if you can stand to watch the video. It's unreal.

• Like 1

And if the guy had killed a young child and her mother with his drink driving antics - would you all still be posting the same "OMG I can't belive the policeman did that" ? Or would you be saying he deserved it?

The only thing wrong there is that he should have been given that kick whilst he was resisting arrest, then it would have been absolutley fine. Either way a good shoeing was called for one way or another, the courts wouldn't stop him doing it again. Maybe he'll remember that kick next time he thinks about getting behind the wheel and driving like a nutter.

What total B.S.!

So this cop was justified in brutalizing someone who was unable to defend himself?

Big, brave hero!

I guess if you happened to drink too much one night, and a cop saw you staggering home, he would be justified in beating your axx so that you would remember to stay sober in future?

• Like 1

Totally agree, he's probably got no license, no MOT no insurance. Drives drunk and hits other cars, not stopping at the scene. Thats several year prison anywhere. Here he gets a bit of a kicking, seems appropriate to me. Drink driving is endemic here. Hundreds of innocent lives lost every year. The ends justify the means. If it serves as a deterrent to savages then its fine with me. I hope he got a further beating later.

Never mind what kind of a person this guy was or how objectionable.

The police have a job description to adhere to. Did you not have one at one time ?? did you go off your head and disregard it ??

And if the guy had killed a young child and her mother with his drink driving antics - would you all still be posting the same "OMG I can't belive the policeman did that" ? Or would you be saying he deserved it?

The only thing wrong there is that he should have been given that kick whilst he was resisting arrest, then it would have been absolutley fine. Either way a good shoeing was called for one way or another, the courts wouldn't stop him doing it again. Maybe he'll remember that kick next time he thinks about getting behind the wheel and driving like a nutter.

What total B.S.!

So this cop was justified in brutalizing someone who was unable to defend himself?

Big, brave hero!

I guess if you happened to drink too much one night, and a cop saw you staggering home, he would be justified in beating your axx so that you would remember to stay sober in future?

I agree totally. Joking only--there are not enough police in Pattaya to do to all in one evening.

Too bad the drunk chose to endanger all those lives when he chose to drive drunk and resist arrest.

What the drunk did doesn't matter! Absolutely no excuse for a policeman kicking a handcuffed man in the face. In most civilized countries the cop would be suspended without pay pending an investigation and probable criminal assault charges.

I agree it's DISGUSTING behavior by a cop. However, as someone who works in law enforcement in the U.S. I have to tell you that in the U.S. law enforcement officers kill people frequently and are frequently found to be not at fault (after a paid vacation during investigation) then sue for damages and to get their jobs back if they were dismissed. Look up the killing of Kelly Thomas. The only thing that brings down the death toll in the U.S. is mandated body cameras for cops (see Rialto, CA) which resulted in a massive drop in use of force incidents as well as an almost equal drop in complaints regarding police. The U.S. has a terrible problem with abuse by cop, and most jurys find - no matter how horrible the situation - in favor of the cop because we've all been raised to believe tha the are the good guys, wouldn't jeopardize their pensions to behave badly, etc. Seriously, check out the Kelly Thomas killing if you can stand to watch the video. It's unreal.

I agree with what you say, and there are many, many instances where police officers victimized citizens, besides physically hurting them. Anyone who thinks that cops are justified in assaulting citizens is burying his head in the sand!

Those who want cops to be judge, jury and executioner should get in a time machine and go join the SS. Cops are to detain suspects. Prosecutors bring charges. Juries (and sometimes judges) determine guilt and sentence/punishment.

This is how Thai police work

Those who want cops to be judge, jury and executioner should get in a time machine and go join the SS. Cops are to detain suspects. Prosecutors bring charges. Juries (and sometimes judges) determine guilt and sentence/punishment.

Have you looked at the way the courts hand out sentencing these days? Where when someone robs you and you defend your property for instance and the robber gets injured he can then sue you?

Food for thought?

Edited by bigwhitewarrior
  • Like 1

Lucky he was not in the USA chances he may have been shot

And if the guy had killed a young child and her mother with his drink driving antics - would you all still be posting the same. And if my mum had balls she would be my dad.

Sadly it happens in a lot of places, especially in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Edward-Krawetz-police-officer-kick-woman

This cop was suspended from the police force and convicted of felony assault. Slightly different consequences I'd say. The police here have a sense of impunity. Do police actually get fired over here? I'm sure they do but I can't remember hearing of any such case. Edited by Lex Talionis