Sending A Cat To The States

Does anyone know the procedures and cost of sending a cat back to the U.S.?

Necessary vaccinations, such as rabies (not less than 30 days and more than 1 year with sticker, stamp and signature of the vet on the vaccination book)

Health certificate of the Livestock department, 3 to 5 days before departure

Plastic travel crate (according international standards) with the correct size for your animal, where your animal is already accustomed to.

Costs I don't know, but you can ask at the airport

And check the threads on this forum.

Good luck!

Hi,

My situation was the reverse, as I shipped my two Somali Cats TO BKK from the US. I used Thai Air Freight from LAX to BKK. They were great & I have a contact person who works the freight ramp in LAX if you need it.

They had the usual manditory rabies, health certificates, and correct INTERNATIONAL carrier size and arrived no worse for the wear.

I had made a couple trips out to the airport here, spoken to as well as greased the correct peoples palms (gotta love Thailands refreshing 'in your face' corruption). The vet in charge of animal importation signed off on the paperwork at midnite, and I picked up the cats as they arrived in the live animal holding area at 1AM. There was no "up to them" quarantine period or anything. I actually got them easier than getting them outta the US.

This link is to the CDC which issues guidelines about importation of pets and live animals;

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/animal.htm

Good Luck

ท็อดด์ แดเนียลส์: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Todd Daniels; Krung Thep Mahanakhon