Invitation letter possible?

Hello experienced Forum members:

A Thai young lady, university graduate and working permanently, want to go on a holiday trip for 2 weeks to Germany, Austria and France. She wants to apply for the Schengen Visa at the German embassy because she will arrive in and depart from Germany and spend most of the time there.

She has a Scottish boyfriend who will join her partly on this trip.

UK is not part of the Schengen Visa.

I'm not sure if she fulfils the financial requirements for the visa as here boyfriend will pay most of the expenses in Europe.

My question:

Can the boyfriend provide a valid invitation letter for her?

I think there is no guarantee, but worth a try. Invitation letter, stating the reason for travel and the relationship can help. Furthermore all details of the flight, as she will apply for a tourist and not a visitor visa.

She should get a letter from her company, stating that her job will be secured and waiting until she returns, furthermore she will provide her ban account details and information in regards to her willing to come back.

The German Embassy is tough but for a very good reason. If she can provide a legitimate reason and story line, then the chances are good that she will receive a Visa.