Tourist Visa Upon Entry+60 Day Tourist Visa+30 Days Ext.

I hope this is not a redundant question and, forgive me if it is.

(BTW, I know I could get a double-entry visa, but actually, there is a practical reason behind this way of doing this. I will be going for one month in udon Thani > visa run in Nong Khai/Vientane, then staying in Chiang Mai for less than 3 months.)

QUESTION: If I get a tourist visa upon entry and then do a visa run using a 60 day tourist-visa gotten before I arrived in Thailand (gotten from Canada) and then try to extend this for 30 days in Chiang Mai, will the custom officer and/or the immigration officer give me a lecture?

If you know any other way (easier) of dong this, let me know.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

PS: I know that the extension is going to set me back about 2000 B., but the visa-run costs about 1200 B and a whole day wasted in a bus (I have been to Mae Sai and so no need for me to see it again!). On the other hand, I would like to explore Chiang Rai, so the visa-run might be that bad of an idea.

Edited by MyPenRye

I hope this is not a redundant question and, forgive me if it is.

(BTW, I know I could get a double-entry visa, but actually, there is a practical reason behind this way of doing this. I will be going for one month in udon Thani > visa run in Nong Khai/Vientane, then staying in Chiang Mai for less than 3 months.)

QUESTION: If I get a tourist visa upon entry and then do a visa run using a 60 day tourist-visa gotten before I arrived in Thailand (gotten from Canada) and then try to extend this for 30 days in Chiang Mai, will the custom officer and/or the immigration officer give me a lecture?

If you know any other way (easier) of dong this, let me know.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

PS: I know that the extension is going to set me back about 2000 B., but the visa-run costs about 1200 B and a whole day wasted in a bus (I have been to Mae Sai and so no need for me to see it again!). On the other hand, I would like to explore Chiang Rai, so the visa-run might be that bad of an idea.

There is no harm in asking when you arrive, at worst they wont lecture you they will just say no.

When you first arrive do NOT fill in the 'visa number' on the arrival card.

Ask the immigration person nicely, tell them you are visiting Laos or somewhere 'next week' and don't want to use up your tourist visa.

Some officers will, some won't, but it certainly doesn't hurt asking :o