Yingluck impeachment vote on December 25

Lite Beer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck might get a nice Xmas present in the form of her case being thrown out through lack of evidence,

I doubt it though with her being targeted, secret ballots and a lot of attitude adjustments going around it's an uphill battle.

Anyway she can take solace in the fact that she's still hugely popular and the people won't forget what's going here and the backlash at the polls will decimate the yellow dems even if she's not at the helm where she should be.

Totally agree and it will spoil Christmas for her son as well. I'm sure that as good Buddhists they already made plans to pack presents on the 25th to be ready for boxing day.

......three-fifths.....that is a new one....isn't it.....???

...and will anyone be around during the holiday season......

...I think it's time to stop caring....or expecting justice to be served.....

...hopes were raised for 'stopping corruption'.......now it's just a faded memory.....

Yingluck might get a nice Xmas present in the form of her case being thrown out through lack of evidence,

I doubt it though with her being targeted, secret ballots and a lot of attitude adjustments going around it's an uphill battle.

Anyway she can take solace in the fact that she's still hugely popular and the people won't forget what's going here and the backlash at the polls will decimate the yellow dems even if she's not at the helm where she should be.

More nonsense.

• Like 1

Before 'red' comrades were writing about 'the majority', recently they're evoluating towards reality, they write about 'the people', as for some sugarmade 'icons' like YS, I wonder about the size of that 'hugely' in most of Thailand, though popular she remains in the Shins' red territories no doubt. I couldn't care less about 'yellow dems' just a hue less-bad than the 'red un-dems', and I'd rather see both 'decimated', for 'the people' to get a first chance in History to vote for (even half) decent candidates! But not you I guess...

I agree, I too would see reds and yellows be decimated in free and fair elections as well. But somehow I doubt either will be meeting that fate any time soon.

Let's just wait and see if any future free and fair election would actually matter or that any resulting government would be severely restricted in what they can achieve, as the good intentions of the people who are running the show now has yet teo be revealed to me. So far I see more of the same.

I agree without you 'sjaak327', and would like to add that 'future elections' are not the main matter of concern to me, but 'free and fair' ones that I don't see coming any time soon, the more so when the same bunchES (plural) of rats as before are to get the key of the provisions' cupboard, again...

• Like 1

What a big show.

- voting for something that is a fact already.

- voting.... while Thai people will not get the chance to vote.

- voting by the NLA which nobody ever voted for.

Who cares? Why do they do this?

Do they believe anyone will care about this? - I mean, everyone can see it's totally absurd....

the country has to learn, especially the " clever thais" up north, that they cant elect corrupt criminals just because "they are there and want to"

They didn't.

You didn't.

More nonsense.

The case against your dear YS might well be thrown out indeed, 'parrot', don't dispair, but for sure it wouldn't be because of a lack of evidence, but all 'thanks to' shady political, 'and other', deals having been made with the Shins' clan and its minions... I reacted elsewhere about the nonsense, indeed, in your last paragraph, are you for real, born like that, 'parrot'?

Pretty simple banrak it's called democracy and the people voted for the PTP then were robbed then voted for the PTP then after another election was called under the constitution and people were denied the vote by the yellow dems and robbed again by the recent coup.

Now this might shock you but if the boot was on the other foot and the yellow dems were elected I would cop it on the chin but if there was a coup and they threw the dems out I would be just as outraged that the peoples vote wasn't respected.

Stopped reading you at '...it's called democracy...', how can you, how dare you, anyway, the rest must have been trash from the same bin, didn't miss anything, poor deluded man, I pity you. I propose to the readers to gather some money to cover for the expense of the long psychiatric treatment that could possibly make you regain(?) your senses, a bit...

• Like 1

It only makes common sense (to me at least) that:

1. A politician who is no longer in office cannot be impeached since impeachment means the removal from office of a public official who is still in office. Yingluck is no longer in office nor a public figure.

2. If impeachment is covered in the 2007 Constitution, which is now ripped up, any impeachment would be invalid. However, if impeachment in Thailand is covered by other laws, then it could be valid.

3. A "secret:" ballot is not appropriate and should be recorded as to whom voted for what. This is what the “new” gov’t has called “transparency”, one of their primary objectives.

4. Agree that Yingluck is extremely popular among many, if not the majority, of the population. Therefore, prosecuting (or persecuting) her will not be very popular.

She can take solace in the fact that her policies cost thais over 500 billion and made many of her family, friends and parrners very rich ... what does she care? She doesn't!!!! From a family with no morals or scrupels ... just more me me me

There is no end to this, I agree with you 100%. BUT all we are doing is replying to their wind up posts, take this one the guy is not even acknowledging the massive losses or the wrong done. If he could do this and have a decent counter to the point made OK BUT he and most of the others are the same.

We all can argue if it's right or wrong to have the military involved and why they did it, but the reason PTP were given the mega boot is obvious.

Edited by ginjag

1. A politician who is no longer in office cannot be impeached since impeachment means the removal from office of a public official who is still in office. Yingluck is no longer in office nor a public figure.

2. If impeachment is covered in the 2007 Constitution, which is now ripped up, any impeachment would be invalid. However, if impeachment in Thailand is covered by other laws, then it could be valid.

3. A "secret:" ballot is not appropriate and should be recorded as to whom voted for what. This is what the “new” gov’t has called “transparency”, one of their primary objectives.

4. Agree that Yingluck is extremely popular among many, if not the majority, of the population. Therefore, prosecuting (or persecuting) her will not be very popular.

Unless your a top legal expert on Thai matters better leave your 1234 to die a death...............pure guess work unless you can prove the law is wrong.

Some of you seem to think Yingluck was some great statesman and politician; are we talking about the same person? If memory serves me right she was never in Parliament, unable to debate and hold her own and had a poor grasp of the issues and arguments. The only thing she had going for her was a pretty face and keeping it in the family?

• Like 1

1. Impeachment is a formal process in which an official is accused of unlawful activity, the outcome of which, depending on the country, may include the removal of that official from office as well as criminal or civil punishment.
  • Like 2

Dream on! Firstly, there is not going to be any polls for a long long time and secondly, when and if an election is held, I doubt if the reds could muster enough support to stand candidates.

Your first point is probably correct, there almost certainly won't be any polls for a long long time.

On your second point, when and if an election is held, no matter what the level of support for the reds may be, (and I suspect it will remain very substantial), they will not be allowed to field candidates.

The Parrot is also right, impeachment or prosecution of Yingluck will be seen to be politically driven, and will serve to reinforce her popularity.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Some of you seem to think Yingluck was some great statesman and politician; are we talking about the same person? If memory serves me right she was never in Parliament, unable to debate and hold her own and had a poor grasp of the issues and arguments. The only thing she had going for her was a pretty face and keeping it in the family?

Well she also had an electoral mandate. Many here don't like that, so they ignore it, and concentrate on manufacturing excises for the military coup. Over to you Ginjag!

While I accept that this is an open forum and all opinions are to be aired and respected, I have to ask just one simple question...

You appear to be an intelligent and articulate person, but are you living on the same planet never mind the same country as the rest of us?

• Like 2

Dream on! Firstly, there is not going to be any polls for a long long time and secondly, when and if an election is held, I doubt if the reds could muster enough support to stand candidates.

Your first point is probably correct, there almost certainly won't be any polls for a long long time.

On your second point, when and if an election is held, no matter what the level of support for the reds may be, (and I suspect it will remain very substantial), they will not be allowed to field candidates.

The Parrot is also right, impeachment or prosecution of Yingluck will be seen to be politically driven, and will serve to reinforce her popularity.

You guys have some pretty dodgy crystal balls.

• Like 1

What a big show.

- voting for something that is a fact already.

- voting.... while Thai people will not get the chance to vote.

- voting by the NLA which nobody ever voted for.

Who cares? Why do they do this?

Do they believe anyone will care about this? - I mean, everyone can see it's totally absurd....

the country has to learn, especially the " clever thais" up north, that they cant elect corrupt criminals just because "they are there and want to"

In a democracy the people can elect who they want, even the "Corrupt criminals" from the yellow side if they so desire, providing they are approved candidates.

• Like 1

And she was elected. If the people agreed with your points they could have unelected her had elections been allowed to happen.

• Like 2

Big nose has asked what planet I'm from.

Let's try planet democracy .

The one thing that simply amazes me about the yellow dem junta supporters on here.

You are in a foreign country openly cheering on an unelected junta that has taken power by the barrel of a gun and you openly support an unelectable mob of elites that can't win an election so they have to rely on the military to do it for them.

The elected government under the constitution called for an election yet yellow thugs would not allow people to vote at polling stations and the police and military stood by and did nothing.

So you bag me with one liners or abuse but I ask you guys if it was in your own home country would you allow this to happen ?

• Like 1

The one thing that simply amazes me about the yellow dem junta supporters on here.

You are in a foreign country openly cheering on an unelected junta that has taken power by the barrel of a gun ....

(Rolls eyes)

(Albeit he gets libertarian points for using the "point of the gun" argument, thrown in for good measure.

I've finally figured out that all the red-shirt, I mean, 'democracy' supporters are basically the equivalent of Randian Libertarians.

What they, including stuttering parrot (so aptly named) ignore is that your much ballyhoo' concept of 'democracy' had been effectively usurped by the Shin gang that was clinging to power, and that (ironically enough) the demonized military government is attempting to restore democracy, by setting up appropriate checks and balances (and by effectively removing Shinawattra influence forever).

There is also a far more important issue at stake, directly relating to the wellbeing of Thailand, but this is not the right venue to discuss it (and I doubt Libertarians obsessive will grasp it). PM anyone if you want to discuss.

Daffy Duck not need to ask you whether you've had your attitude adjustment yet.

Your right up their ally with statements like remove the shins once and for all.

Sadly for the yellows that they just can't bear the fact that the shins are still hugely popular and will remain so and all these witch hunts and media beat ups only fire up the people even more.

Hold an election today against the general and he would be tossed out on his ear by Yingluck and eve body knows it!

So, why do you think that the people in the North-East and North will suddenly vote differently?

Will they not just elect a new Thaksin minded leader?

And what was the whole purpose of the coup?

Whatever will happen, non-democratic principles are necessary to prevent the people from voting for the same old leaders.

No Kris democratic principals are needed to prevent the same old crooked leaders from ever standing.

The answer Kris to why people would vote differently may lie in why they voted for PT last time.

To start with there was the loyalty to Tkaksin which will still be there in some cases, however in others that loyalty may well be to his money. Like the leaders who became multi millionaires from the 2010 riots.

Then there was the policies, principal among them the rice pledging scheme which has now left the poor, the people in general deeper in debt than ever before. This along with the debt it has left the country in. Many will understand this and see where the blame lies for their debt situation.

That scheme or another of its kind will never be allowed to be repeated so that will not be an incentive to vote for PT or its reincarnation.

Then there was coercion (fear) in the form of village heads who forced the people of their villages to vote as told. This was documented as the village heads being told the village fund would be discontinued if the vote from their area did not go the correct way.

Then there was the anti Dem vote which was inspired by lies and hate, which we see continued even on the pages of this site.

There was the fact that other parties were prevented from campaigning in the north and northeast even to the extent of one of the Dems campaigners being killed.

Now if we look at more recent developments say for instance the 4 By-elections that were held during the PT tenure we see that 3 out of the 4 were won by the Dems, including Don Muang that PT considered a safe seat, which was won by a swing of over 12%.

The only By-election PT won was the seat of Yinglucks sister (coming back from a 5 year suspension) who won by a reduced majority, less votes even than her driver got in the general election.

Then there was the BKK mayoral election.

PT have not made themselves popular with farmers for failing to make provision for payments when they dissolved parliament, even though PT have attempted to divert the blame, farmers know why they were not paid as they should have been and will in a lot of cases not be inclined to trust those who have blatantly lied to them.

Another example of the PT decline is the electorate in which I live which had a PT MP, after he was elected he never visited the electorate nor could he be contacted, he only ever turned up in parliament for one or two important votes where his vote was needed, but he maintained a bully boy group here who strutted around like they owned the place.

This did not endear him to the people, he and they have gone now as is the fear of them.

Tell us, has education improved during the PT administration, health services, power distribution and security, has road and rail improved ? These are things that people see in there everyday lives and hope those they vote into power will do something about.

Another big difference since the last general election is the increase in the use of social media which gets news and information out to people who previously had to rely on what their local community radio and TV wanted to tell them, these sources were in many cases run by political entities.

Sure there will still be some loyalty and PT, or their reincarnation will work on the hate as much as possible but given a level playing field with all parties able to present their policies and an election without anyone looking over voters shoulders things would be very different.

Now tell us why you think a PT or a Thaksin party would win an election.

Because on a level playing field they will get more votes. it is as simple as that. The Thai electorate are not stupid, and they understand what the Bangkok elite/ military/ royalist (feudal) interest groups have done yet again ( 3 times this century?) in overthrowing the government which they elected, and seizing power. As I said, on a level playing field they will again elect a Red Government, if I can use a generic term to describe their choice.Therefore it follows that the current Junta will ensure that there is not a level playing field. It remains to be seen whether or not they can pull off this trick, as I said, the Thai electorate are not stupid.

• Like 1

You are in a foreign country openly cheering on an unelected junta that has taken power by the barrel of a gun and you openly support an unelectable mob of elites that can't win an election so they have to rely on the military to do it for them.

The elected government under the constitution called for an election yet yellow thugs would not allow people to vote at polling stations and the police and military stood by and did nothing.

So you bag me with one liners or abuse but I ask you guys if it was in your own home country would you allow this to happen ?

Yes Parrot, they quite possibly would. That is also quite possibly why they are no longer resident in their home countries. In their home countries they would be laughed off the plot. Here (in TV land) they can present themselves as serious political pundits1

• Like 1

When you looked at the list of ideals that form the state of democracy did you bother reading past the one that concerned free and fair elections ?

There are many more items on that list, none of which your team seemed to adhere to.

They could not even get the first one right with people being offered money to vote for them, rash promises made in order to attain votes, and intimidation of people who dared to run against them.

So stop crapping on about the democracy thing, it seems to be the only argument you have and it is full of holes.

No, it would not be allowed in my home country, but it would never had got to this stage in the first place.

The Shins would all be in prison, their despicable poor excuses for political parties would not be allowed to run in the elections, their evil terrorist arm The ThaiRouge would have been blown away if they even thought about doing what they did in 2010, any that were not blown away would be in prison and their organization would be banned, like any terror organization should be.

So, there would be no need for a coup and your silly question is regarding a moot point.

Stop your trolling, you are just annoying people now.

• Like 2