4dx screen Central festival when does it change from interstellar?

CaitlinHappyMeal

I've just seen they have it on a 4DX screen or an Imax screen (plus standard digital). I am guessing 4DX means gimmicky extras like moving seats (never tried 4DX) and Imax is the way it was intended to be watched? Both cost the same.

There is an article on No Film School called "Christopher Nolan wants you to see Interstellar in 70mm, here is why you should", which convinced me to consider going back for the Imax experience. The picture quality of indoors earth scenes was pretty bad in Maya, lots of noise/grain.

I am going to assume that Central Festival only has a digital Imax projector as digital projection is the only type mentioned on their website, so will probably resist going back, unless they keep it on for longer. There is a big space themed picture and information gallery outside the cinemas, so this feels like a big event and the type of film they might let run longer.

Edited by mat999

Do you know if they are using film in the projector at the 4dx screen? Apparently I made a terrible mistake watching it at a standard cinema in Maya and it should be seen on 70mm film on an IMAX screen.

I saw here at the airport Mall. I seriously doubt any thing could have helped it.

In reply to the 4x yes it has movable seats. My wife got car sick. She has a low tolerance towards that. They also have a way of spraying water by you at appropriate spots. The I Max screen in my opinion is for watching at a distance. They put you pretty close to the screen here and make it difficult to see the whole scene.

Just my opinion.

Edited by northernjohn

I've just seen they have it on a 4DX screen or an Imax screen (plus standard digital). I am guessing 4DX means gimmicky extras like moving seats (never tried 4DX) and Imax is the way it was intended to be watched? Both cost the same.

There is an article on No Film School called "Christopher Nolan wants you to see Interstellar in 70mm, here is why you should", which convinced me to consider going back for the Imax experience. The picture quality of indoors earth scenes was pretty bad in Maya, lots of noise/grain.

I am going to assume that Central Festival only has a digital Imax projector as digital projection is the only type mentioned on their website, so will probably resist going back, unless they keep it on for longer. There is a big space themed picture and information gallery outside the cinemas, so this feels like a big event and the type of film they might let run longer.

I've seen a handful of movies at the IMAX at Central Festival. Most have been "nice enough", but Interstellar was amazing.

They also have something called Ultra screen at CF. Not sure what that is. Once I was forced to see Maleficent there, since all the other theatres were sold out. Paid 1200B for two tickets I think, though that did include complimentary popcorn and something to drink. Still not sure what Ultra screen is though.

Edited by Awk

Do you know if they are using film in the projector at the 4dx screen? Apparently I made a terrible mistake watching it at a standard cinema in Maya and it should be seen on 70mm film on an IMAX screen.

Well funny you should say that as we went to watch interstellar last night at Mayo on the normal screen and we thought the picture quality was not that good, I imagine that's because it was shot for a different screen?

I was under the impression that at central festival all the screen are imax? I could not swear to this tho...

The movie was shot twice so thats why it wasn't so great at Maya as we saw the lower quality version.

Central Festival is a cinema I have never used but they just advertised one movie as being Imax which cost more than the others advertised as Digital.