Ripoffs Go Right To The Top.

RustBucket

Just think of all the material you will have after another year in amazing Thailand.

Not much truth in advertising in this part of the world. Check the fuel pump sometime, I had 55 liter show on a pump one day with a vehicle where fuel tank capacity is 42 liter (manufactor measurement) Even warrenties can be misleading, battery for vehicle may say 2 year free call out if battery fails to start vehicle but battery itself only 1 year (not mentioned on warrenty card. I normally have any pre wieghed/marked meat etc at mackro weighed on meat counter scales, both probably have a thumb added to actual weight.

You tank size doesn't include the filler neck which is several litres and your fuel lines all the way from the front to the rear of the car, there are several if injection, fuel filter , accumulator and fuel distributor as well. Also you are trusting your manufacturer to be precise to the litre.

Petrol stations are randomly checked, the allowable error is negliable on a single tank. If you believe what you say then call the authority.

But as for scales, the markets all seem to be wrong and only one way by at least 100 grams/Kg.

13 liters for the filler neck to the tank and the volume in the fuel lines? You're taking the piss, right?

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worse rip off of earth is tax office like irs.

when all is good for you, they take their share, but when it s bad for you, nobody refund you. and I m not talking about a few grams of water injected in your meat at macro, I m talking about the constant rip off by our societies who steal billions of dollars from average citizen . by chance, this legal mafia system is collapsing by itself.

Edited by Digitalnomade

I agree with you entirely, but this is not just in Thailand, almost everyone in business rips off the customer and will make as much profit as they can get away with, they are not interested in whether the customer gets value for money, it is called capitalism.

Businesses are up to every trick in the book to relieve you of your money, do you honestly think that any self made millionaire is an honorable person? No chance, they become millionaires over and over again, it is greed, greed, and more greed, then they die and some other spoiled brat becomes a millionaire only through an accident of birth. Rant over.

another thing about buying stuff in Thailand, if you ask for a price but dont buy you are often told to f off and not come back again. not always but its happened to me many times. I dont understand why they would do that because its quite possible I could have become a regular customer. Im wondering if this is standard thru out SE Asia or just a Thai thing?