Race bike hire available in Thailand?

garryjohns

We use the 2010 Kawasaki ER6N. Bikes have had some small mods, rearsets, handlebars, levers, crash protection. Good to go fast and/or slow and great fun to ride. And before any more tossers come in with comments about "real sports bikes" or "not enough power" or "don't like the front end" or "for that money it's gotta be an R1" just save it. I've heard it all before and I'm not interested.

Bike rentals from beach road can be hit and miss [mostly miss]. Not for the inexperienced. Biggest single problem is not really bent frames or quality of spares but quality of tyres. They normally save money by putting Harley type cruiser tyres on the front which have an inner tube, harden up in the sun and basically offer almost no grip in the dry and zero in the wet. I've also seen sidewall repairs done with black window latex. I still get 2-3 phone calls a year from someone who has crashed at the track on one of these and is looking for a way to get the bike repaired without the rental company finding out. Very difficult BTW. That said, some people have rented 4-5 different bikes from some places and had no issues at all either with deposits or maintenance.

i believe, twin cylinder torquey engine of kawa er series are great for tight and short tracks in Thailand.

Kawa er series are good choices for track days here and also to rent.

OP, never rent a bike from a beach road shop and go to a track day. If they find out or if you crash, hard days sure awaits!

I've seen what Graham to do with his ER6. The bikes perform very well and he has more than his share of shredded tyres from bike and tyres pushed to their limits and beyond. smile.png

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Also mostly he wins against a lot faster on the paper super sport 600 cc at 600 cc races and get podium at advanced group races with his kawa er6n against liter bikes.

• Like 1