MH17 flight investigators remove crucial debris

webfact

MH17 flight investigators remove crucial debris

(BBC) Local workers have removed crucial debris and human remains from the crash site of the MH17 jet in rebel-held eastern Ukraine after months of delays.

The team, overseen by Dutch experts, targeted areas of the plane where most of the bodies are still unidentified.

The debris and remains will be taken to the Netherlands for examination.

The plane was shot down in July killing all 298 people on board - mostly Dutch nationals. Russia-backed rebels have been blamed, though they deny it.

Dutch experts oversaw workers from the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic cutting up parts of the plane and using cranes to load them onto lorries.

Inspectors from the Netherlands had wanted to retrieve the debris themselves, but agreed to work with the rebel administration as they feared for their safety.

Lack of security at the crash site, near the village of Grabove, led to weeks of delays, but a deal made with local militias this week allowed the removal work to begin on Sunday.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30073283

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-17

What happened was a Ground to Air missile shot down the aircraft. Now, Ukraine Military should/would have had access to Transponder and Air Traffic Control to know it was a foreign passenger plane. The Militants on the other hand probably would not. They had already shot down Ukraine Air Force aircraft and more than likely shot this aircraft down.

This kind of stuff will not stop until all governments are restricted from selling or giving away arms. Even then the illegal sales would continue.

Edited by gchurch259

I guess we may never know what really happened.

I for one don't believe the story that it was shot down by pro-Russian rebels.

Then why are there recordings and videos of the missile launchers being hastily removed and driven away?

Then why are there recordings and videos of the missile launchers being hastily removed and driven away?

How do you know they were pro Russian rebels?.... Could have just as easily been Ukrainians.

Only the Ukrainians had something to gain by this. The BUK launchers are also already equipped with technology for identification of a target. As far as the other poster is concerned.

I too don't think it was the Russians or the rebels. I think it was the neo Nazi fascist Ukrain government that is peppered with super right wing activists who have openly declared that they will stop at nothing until every Jew and Russian is off Ukraine soil. They are also being assisted by the US State department who want Russia taken out before it crashes the USD and the US economy.

Trust me..... 2015 is going to be a very interesting if not incredibly dangerous year for the world.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How do you know they were pro Russian rebels?.... Could have just as easily been Ukrainians.

Only the Ukrainians had something to gain by this. The BUK launchers are also already equipped with technology for identification of a target. As far as the other poster is concerned.

I too don't think it was the Russians or the rebels. I think it was the neo Nazi fascist Ukrain government that is peppered with super right wing activists who have openly declared that they will stop at nothing until every Jew and Russian is off Ukraine soil. They are also being assisted by the US State department who want Russia taken out before it crashes the USD and the US economy.

Trust me..... 2015 is going to be a very interesting if not incredibly dangerous year for the world.

Rusting buckets leak water.

• 4 months later...