Benefits or Advantages to being a Farang in Thailand vs being a Thai

Teachers get paid 300% more for being Farang. Many bars will not let in Thai men. 83.5% of Thai women would rather have Luk Krung baby. Most actresses and beauty contestant winners are part Farang so the standard of beauty is measured by how much a Thai looks like a Farang.

• Like 2

There must be a few or there wouldn't be so many Falungs here.

Benefits specific to farangs...

I can't think of any these days.

The farang heydays are long gone.

Probably the main benefit is not living in their own Country where they have to put up with all sorts of crap.

• Like 1

Farang tech inspectors get paid much more than Thai inspectors. Farangs always sit up front at most Thai funerals and weddings and other ceremonies. Farangs are the bosses at most auto manufactures in Thailand. Farangs have an easier time meeting a significant other especially gay men.

But, but,but, I'm such a hansum ma'.

Like I said before everyone wants your baby. It's funny but I know quite a few downright stone ugly Farang guys; we're talking beat with an ugly stick every ten minutes ugly guys that have beautiful 1/2 Thai babies. I don't know what it is. The Thai genes seem to counteract the Farang ugly gene.

• Like 2

1. Being able to waltz into a five star hotel just to use the bathroom.

2. Being able to play dumb on the bus about where it's going when really you just wanted to ride free for a couple stops.

3. Less hassle when changing money.

4. Some people will leave you alone just because they know they don't speak English.

Edit: I know I'll get 'cheap charlie' comments about #2 but I have been dirt-eating-poor in Thailand.

Edited by BudRight

Farang tech inspectors get paid much more than Thai inspectors. Farangs always sit up front at most Thai funerals and weddings and other ceremonies. Farangs are the bosses at most auto manufactures in Thailand. Farangs have an easier time meeting a significant other especially gay men.

What if you are a poor farang....

Poor Farang vs Poor Thai? Poor Farang wins the dating game. The relationship may not last long.

Teachers get paid 300% more for being Farang. Many bars will not let in Thai men. 83.5% of Thai women would rather have Luk Krung baby. Most actresses and beauty contestant winners are part Farang so the standard of beauty is measured by how much a Thai looks like a Farang.

Please take note on the bars not letting in thai men it isn't specific to farang. There are also japanese bars that only let in japanese people for example.

Anyway i notice that farang or at least those that i read about here don't know about the give and take concept. Like they don't mind showing their supremacy over the thais in examples like the bars or the beauty contests to boast and drag they are "handsome men" and can pull tail but complain to the skies over every minor inconvinence. It's just laughable.

Please take note on the bars not letting in thai men it isn't specific to farang. There are also japanese bars that only let in japanese people for example.

Anyway i notice that farang or at least those that i read about here don't know about the give and take concept. Like they don't mind showing their supremacy over the thais in examples like the bars or the beauty contests to boast and drag they are "handsome men" and can pull tail but complain to the skies over every minor inconvinence. It's just laughable.

But the topic is advantages foreigners have over Thais. And the only ones I can think of are related to salary, women, and perhaps safety. But those first two- and maybe the third one- are becoming less of a factor. In fact, when it comes to women, I'd say Thai men have always had the advantage. I see a few guys with hot girls here, but in general most of the really stunning ones are with Thai guys. Anyway, I just live here for the thrill of seeing new things and don't really feel like I have the upper hand on anyone. I'll find something to bitch about no matter where I live.

• Like 2

I'd agree with half Thai kids.

Yet to see any that aren't adorable. Including my daughter who's just damn cute!

I think it would be a stunner to actually read about a father that will claim his child is ugly. Yet to see that.

Actually, in Thailand when there is a newborn baby, you don't say the baby is cute. You say the baby is ugly/unpretty/not cute to fight the evil spirits away. Thais believe if you say the baby is beautiful, cute and adorable, the evil spirits will come and take your baby. Edited by Somsrisonphimai

Yet to see any that aren't adorable. Including my daughter who's just damn cute!

I think it would be a stunner to actually read about a father that will claim his child is ugly. Yet to see that.
Actually, in Thailand when there is a newborn baby, you don't say the baby is cute. You say the baby is ugly/unpretty/not cute to fight the evil spirits away. Thais believe if you say the baby is beautiful, cute and adorable, the evil spirits will come and take your baby.

Sounds like something you tell a new parent with an ugly kid.

• Like 2

Actually, in Thailand when there is a newborn baby, you don't say the baby is cute. You say the baby is ugly/unpretty/not cute to fight the evil spirits away. Thais believe if you say the baby is beautiful, cute and adorable, the evil spirits will come and take your baby.

Do you believe this yourself Somsris? just curious and if so why?

My passport allows me to travel pretty much anywhere without lots of visa hassles.

My work pays me a decent salary which allow me to employ 8 servants to keep my cars, gardens, house and yacht in pristine condition.

I am very hansum smile.png

How do you find them? I mean find the staff as in locate as in recommendations?

Hey, this is part the culture and the belief so...no harm intends and the parents understand. Of course if you are not Thai, you don't understand :).

No central heating plant oil, gas or coal fired to concern myself with, no snow,little or no P.C. decent warm weather and a number of funny guys and girls on T.V.F. who do outdo the old ''Comedians'' show.

Certain posters here make Bernard Manning look and sound erudite and Roy Chubby Brown angelic.whistling.gif

Do you believe this yourself Somsris? just curious and if so why?

Yes, when I was a kid. I was told that way. But I don't believe it now. Did you have kid in Thailand? Did your wife have your kid's head shave?

• Like 1

Hey, this is part the culture and the belief so...no harm intends and the parents understand. Of course if you are not Thai, you don't understand :).

Never heard of such a thing. I call BS.

555, ask your girl or google it.

Hey, this is part the culture and the belief so...no harm intends and the parents understand. Of course if you are not Thai, you don't understand smile.png.

Never heard of such a thing. I call BS.

Perfectly true, also why the tradition is to nickname the baby after something small so the baby won't be noticed by the bad spirits, as in why there are so many Noi's and Lek's.

• Like 2