Prayut blows his top when asked about father's land sale

webfact

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't changed his tune...

“Police Chief Somyos Poompanmuang and his wife’s net worth was revealed to about 355.8 million baht”

“Prayuth’s own brother, General Preecha Chan-ocha, who was also handpicked to serve in the NLC. …Preecha’s net worth was closer to 90 million baht than the 79 million baht he originally claimed.”

"A few days ago, Prayuth appeared angry when Thais demanded the government increase transparency.”

“I beg you not to dig up anything. There is no benefit in so doing.”

“I must say that you cannot do that for the time being.” wai2.gifwai.gif

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

Edited by iReason
  • Like 2

In the context of all the countries problems, the type of question asked is pert, however what is very pertinent is how the leader chooses to handle the said inquiry. Either give a dignified answer or ignore it altogether. The General/PM's lack of understanding and experience in public life has shown his weakness to the world and it will be his undoing. The press, world wide are like dogs with a bone, once they latch on they will not give it up and the more you antagonise them the more stubborn they become. My prediction for what it is worth is the man will come out second best but unfortunately his inexperience and ego will further damage this country and ultimately it will be the poorer citizens that will suffer further.

Questions asked-- no problem if they are legit, But who reported that he Quote " blew his top " ??? who decided to put this into a topic this way ??

inviting anger, and TVF are wanting to conform to no harsh criticism----- then blasts this heading here. This week there have been more and more invitation to the PM haters, but yet feed them fodder for replies.

Headlines need to be scaled down and fair. so as everyone no matter what opinion can comment without inflated topic headings.

Looks like that headline came from The Nation... I don't think the good folk at TVF wrote that. Are you suggesting the paper needs to tow the party line?

Questions asked-- no problem if they are legit, But who reported that he Quote " blew his top " ??? who decided to put this into a topic this way ??

inviting anger, and TVF are wanting to conform to no harsh criticism----- then blasts this heading here. This week there have been more and more invitation to the PM haters, but yet feed them fodder for replies.

Headlines need to be scaled down and fair. so as everyone no matter what opinion can comment without inflated topic headings.

awwww it`s no fun when it`s not like it used to be, when everyone was too scared to speak out laugh.png Cheering team yellow is only fun when people don`t bite back I guess wink.png Just blame Thaksin, isn`t that the usual trick?

I think everyone can see the tide is changing, bit by bit people are speaking out against this charade. 2015 is going to be a huge year in the Kingdom

Ha Ha, I see there is no mention of the years2011-2014 ?? they were HUGE losses years weren't they ?? I will blame anyone who cannot govern as sworn to do so, so if Thaksin was in that bracket if the cap fits.

I will also blame the PM if he gets it all wrong, but will refuse to jump on the TVF slag the PM clan just for the sake of it. we call that an agenda NOT individual opinion.

If some clan members think that M/cycle taxi- beach clean up-jet ski--SOME freedom of speech--is going to bring down the PM they need their heads seeing to.....................Thai people decide and will when the time comes NOT the wind up merchants on TVF.

Looks like that headline came from The Nation... I don't think the good folk at TVF wrote that. Are you suggesting the paper needs to tow the party line?

NO for sure. but it did not have to be put on TVF as a heading like this. So are you saying that the Nation controls TVF and insists it print this header ???

NO for sure. but it did not have to be put on TVF as a heading like this. So are you saying that the Nation controls TVF and insists it print this header ???

It's like airbrushing in 3 missiles instead of one, or photoshopping bigger tits. You quote verbatim, or the quote has no integrity. It's cheating otherwise. These are the words of an independent media outlet. If you don't like them, read another paper.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, after further research of the topic it seems that this issue is being used to tarnish the image of the new pm and most of the tarnishing is in anti coup media sites. Just goes to show that the divide in politics is still simmering and the need for reform is paramount to healing old wounds.

Anti-coup media?

Which Thailand are you referring to?

I live in the one where 99% of people rolled over and allowed themselves to be emasculated by a scheming army officer that failed to contain the south and decided to throw himself a coup to celebrate. Media are stepping over themselves to kiss ass on a daily basis.

I swear. If I had known there would be absolutely no resistance whatsoever I would have thrown a coup my damn self.

You live in one ???? # years of PTP failed the south-Thaksin did that before during his stint. Try throwing one, and not a tantrum.

In the context of all the countries problems, the type of question asked is pert, however what is very pertinent is how the leader chooses to handle the said inquiry. Either give a dignified answer or ignore it altogether. The General/PM's lack of understanding and experience in public life has shown his weakness to the world and it will be his undoing. The press, world wide are like dogs with a bone, once they latch on they will not give it up and the more you antagonise them the more stubborn they become. My prediction for what it is worth is the man will come out second best but unfortunately his inexperience and ego will further damage this country and ultimately it will be the poorer citizens that will suffer further.

I disagree, I think he has a strong experience in public life, he must have been up and down this country and talked with its people on many occasions as army chief and career in the army. As of being further damage to this country, that is totally wrong. He is working to diffuse the political deadlock and violent protests that have plagued the country since 2006. If anything this is to lay the foundation stones for a more transparent, uncorrupt government, elected freely without vote buying, for the people, elected by the people. A democracy free of corrupt politicians which unifies Thailand as one nation, putting it back on course to becoming one of the great powers in South East Asia and a geopolitical leader in the ASEAN community.

A post has been removed.

Everyone. Please read forum rule number one. This really is critical and I can't stress the importance of this enough.

Forum rule 1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.*
Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

You surrender some of your rights to privacy, especially financial privacy, when you enter government. This is especially true for government employees who are in a position to influence government spending, such as generals and PM's.

At least that's how it works in countries that try to limit corruption.

heybruce. Chill out. cheesy.gif

Good answer from the Premier.......

Well no it is not.

He is a PM and as such he is open to all sorts of questions including his personal life.

But when the question look like to a personal attack against his family !

He really does not understand the concept of being in public office. EVERYTHING he does or says, is open to scrutiny.

As the saying goes... If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. As a career military man, the PM is used to NOT being questioned. EVER.

• Like 2

He really does not understand the concept of being in public office. EVERYTHING he does or says, is open to scrutiny.

As the saying goes... If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. As a career military man, the PM is used to NOT being questioned. EVER.

I cannot stand the heat from this thread. Everyone has an opinion, maybe my opinion is not the same as yours but surely we can meet in the middle , sit down and talk about this? Just like the reform of the government.

It looks like the Thai military are the richest military in the world too.

Let's stop bitching Ginjag for one minute and have a wee ponder as to how a General, and other Generals in positions of power and influence can possibly amass such fortunes through serving their country ???

Are you not in the least bit concerned or interested how these fortunes we're gained ?

Stop being such a hypocrite when finger pointing at the Shiniwatras for a moment and think rationally as to how on earth is it possible for High Ranking Thai a Officers to obtain such wealth ??

You know they say there's no smoke without fire, and he might be the PM but surely you simply cannot dismiss that these assets are indeed quite astonishing????

Gambling is illegal in Thailand, what exactly do you think you're doing when investing on the Stock Exchange ??? If the reason for these fortunes is from such a venture!!!

One minute a sort of friend next minute a lecturer.

Hey who mentioned the wealth ME ?? I mentioned the Heading if you care to remember.

Why use my post to bring your own thoughts. use the separate reply button.

So what is your point to me about ??? You want to talk about my dismay re the choosing of the topic tile ??

#26 tullynagadi post, mine was a reply to that.. His post in order ?? my reply did not suit you. Please do not use my post for your benefit.

Go niggle another. a good decent reply OK. stop telling me what to do---and how to conduct myself go for a walk have a coffee.

To add read #60.

Edited by ginjag

The PM Prayuth should show transparency in his personal wealth and business transactions but not now, doessn't the reform of the people government come first? Is that not the reason he is PM to overhaul the old system and set up with the Thai people a new government system. Let him get on with it and leave the nonsence for the soap operas.

• Like 1