Problem With Thai Airways Flight To Chiang Mai From Bangkok

pwllgrgn

Hi

Has anyone had experience in bringing a large dog to Chiang Mai. I have a German Shepherd who is to large for the IATA pet carriers which are on the market, so I am going to have one made. The problem is that his carrier will be too large for Thai Airways to transport from Bangkok to Chiang Mai on a AB6. We are ok on the UK - Bangkok leg. They have height and width restrictions. I have sent emails to 6 other airlines who fly the route but have had no answer as yet. :o

I flew a Pyrenean Mountain Dog into CNX a few years ago. Somewhat larger than a shepherd.

We got around the height restriction by lying the crate on its side for the BKK-CNX leg. A short time, it did the dog no harm to have to lie down gor that leg of the journey.

Hi

Has anyone had experience in bringing a large dog to Chiang Mai. I have a German Shepherd who is to large for the IATA pet carriers which are on the market

Have you considered driving up from Bangkok with your dog or taking the train?

I flew a Pyrenean Mountain Dog into CNX a few years ago. Somewhat larger than a shepherd.

We got around the height restriction by lying the crate on its side for the BKK-CNX leg. A short time, it did the dog no harm to have to lie down gor that leg of the journey.

Hi

Thai Airways in UK say there is no way around the height restriction, but I know a family who took a dog on the Bangkok - Chiang Mai route 3 weeks ago and the carrier/crate was only fractionally smaller than the one my dog needs. I think I shall make some more enquiries.

Hi

Thai Airways in UK say there is no way around the height restriction, but I know a family who took a dog on the Bangkok - Chiang Mai route 3 weeks ago and the carrier/crate was only fractionally smaller than the one my dog needs. I think I shall make some more enquiries.

You may want to try Bangkok Airways, I have seen several times already bigger dogs being handled in Samui. Could have been a 717 though and to my knowledge PG doesn't use this aircraft on BKK-CNX route.

Note that not all CNX-BKK flights are on an AB6. Some are small 734, but there's a couple of flights on a 777 (and occasionally 747). Check thaiair.com to see which flights are 777.

Hi

Thanks for that info. I have had a look at the Thai Airways website and they do use 773,734 and 333, there is also a flight every Friday which leaves BKK at 1525 hours, it is in the scheduling up to July 2007. I have been in contact with Thai Airways and I am wating for a reply. :o