Cambodian Worker found dead at Pattaya Constructors Campsite

webfact

Cambodian Worker found dead at Pattaya Constructors Campsite

PATTAYA: -- Police and medics were called to a constructor’s campsite on Tuesday Morning after a Cambodian worker was found dead inside his room.

The site is situated in the Huay Yai area and fellow workers became concerned when the victim, Mr. Mead aged 35, did not arrive at work as usual. Colleagues went to check on him and found him lying dead on the floor.

Police checked the room and body and found no obvious signs of foul play and were told by other workers that Mr. Mead would drink heavily on a daily basis.

Source: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155690/cambodian-worker-found-dead-at-pattaya-constructors-campsite/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-19

Whilst I'm sorry about the gentleman's death, it is worrying that someone who "drinks heavily on a daily basis" should be working on a construction site. There is the very real potential for catastrophic events occurring on building sites and having heavy drinkers on the job greatly increases the risks for all who work there. I'm not a health and safety freak but I understand that heavy plant and equipment and drink don't mix. I'm surprised his workmates let him work in such a condition.

If you worry about this you must worry about everything. There is nothing surprising in this story. Many Cambodians are heavy drinkers. Thai's use alot of cheap legal/illegal unqualified immigrant workers. The Thai's supervise and the Cambodians and Burmese do the work. The workers are provided with next to no safety training or little in the way of a safe work environment. I could go on and on and on but what good will if do?

Stop worrying so much.