Subaru Pattaya

Cake Monster

Very strange, the Subaru XV seems to be very popular and priced in the same sort of group as CRV, MU X, Fortuner etc. at around 1.2 to 1.4M

http://www.motorimage.net/TH/buying/info/files/pricelist.pdf

When I went to the dealer, I guess I was looking at the 2.5 Outback which is the Subaru's best----price in U. S $30,000---starting here 2,640,000 Baht here---crazy!!!

It was to have a good look at the XV that I went there, and found the place closed.

The basic model XV starts at around 1.2 M, but there is a new WRX STI Spec of XV that has been introduced to Thailand from the Malaysian Assembly plant, and is priced out at around 1.4 M.

Now if that car has the full engine spec of the WRX STI then the previous problems of the 2 Liter being called " underpowered" would certainly be solved.

At 1.4 M that would be a hell of a motor.

As I said before, I love Subarus. But until Thailand trashes these outrageous import tariffs (not likely . . .), Subaru will have a hard time of it. Not to mention pricing the 4-cylinder Legacy I saw last year at Central Festival for 3.5 million baht (price listed at Motor Image). $110,000! Duh!

An XV with WRX STi engine? Wicked!

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp