Remember Me?

guardian

Hi, I tried this from 3 different computers, all with cookies enabled. But the "Remember me?" option simply does not works.

Each time I close the browser and reopen it, I have to log in everytime. I use IE v6.0.2900.2180 if that is of any use.

Thanks and regards,

Guardian

Hi, I tried this from 3 different computers, all with cookies enabled. But the "Remember me?" option simply does not works.

Each time I close the browser and reopen it, I have to log in everytime. I use IE v6.0.2900.2180 if that is of any use.

Thanks and regards,

Guardian

I had a similar problem recently, worse, it appeared that my laptop worked fine at home and didn't remember me in the office :o

Turned out to be a network security setting on our firewall, unfortunately our Thai IT chap was/is unable or unwilling to reveal what he did to fix it :D

Thanks and regards,

Guardian

Hi guardian

Are you talking about the 'remember me' for TV - if so, I've no problem. There's doesn't appear to be a problem with the the site.

I have the same problem with remember me . Tried on another computer at work aswell. Thought it was a settings problem at first but all other sites I have to log into are remembering me apart from this forum site. I've got all my cookies enabled etc , but I have to log in every time I visit the site

OK I just realised what is happening. When I return to the site I get the "welcome guest /log in " page which makes it appear that I am not logged in, however when I actually click on any of the forums after that I am actually logged in.

Edited by boogie

Well, I am having exactly the same problem as boogie. So, I closed all open browsers and tried opening this forum again. Still have to log in. Clicking on any forum link does not shows me as logged in as in boogie's case.

Guardian

This is strange. I have just come back to the site and now I have to log in again. Same thing get the "welcome guest /log in" but now if I go to a forum I am not logged in and have to go through the process again. It's only happening on this site.

Well, I am having exactly the same problem as boogie. So, I closed all open browsers and tried opening this forum again. Still have to log in. Clicking on any forum link does not shows me as logged in as in boogie's case.

Guardian

Do you know if you have enabled (or disabled) your cookies ?

Tools/Internet Options/Privacy tab.

(default setting is Medium)

Also:

Tools/Internet Options/Security (Default Level button). Default setting is Medium. If it is set to high, you may have problems with automatic log-ins.

Do you know if you have enabled (or disabled) your cookies ?

Tools/Internet Options/Privacy tab.

(default setting is Medium)

Also:

Tools/Internet Options/Security (Default Level button). Default setting is Medium. If it is set to high, you may have problems with automatic log-ins.

Yes mine are enabled. It's only this site I have problems with. I've been constantly checking three other sites where I have "remember me" enabled and I don't have any problems with them.

Edited by boogie