United States Parcel Service no longer tracking Thai Post Office Track Numbers?

VisaProblem

Heads Up Digital Nomads, eBayers, Amazon Sellers and other ecommerce people who use Thai Post tracking numbers to safely ship stuff to the USA via USPS. Thai track numbers appear to no longer work in the USPS tracking system and I am not sure if this a temporary glitch or permanent.

I would like to see if anyone else has noticed this. It has been like this since Sunday afternoon. I am unable to win any contested PayPal cases and no longer able to reassure clients their goods are on their way. If permanent, it is serious for any ecommerce vendors who use tracking numbers from Thailand to the USA.

Any thoughts anyone ?

• Like 1

Often there is a delay from leaving Thailand (outward) to appearing in the USPS system, this is merely because the item has to clear customs before re-entering the mail system. A delay at this time of year with excess postage due to the Xmas period etc is quite normal.

• Like 1

Thai track numbers now have the following notice put on the USPS website.

• "USPS Tracking is unavailable for this product for THAILAND."

If I check a track number that previously worked ok two weeks ago on the USPS website and was signed and delivered ok and last showed it was delivered previously, this week it displays no info showing only "unavailable for Thailand".

Thanks.

• Like 1

There's a delay coming into Thailand as well....

Havent been able to track once it arrives at Customs for clearance. Then a week to 10days later it comes through customs and you get a note that the item is

available for delivery.

Been like that for a few months for me this end.

There's a delay coming into Thailand as well....

Havent been able to track once it arrives at Customs for clearance. Then a week to 10days later it comes through customs and you get a note that the item is

available for delivery.

Been like that for a few months for me this end.

Yep stopped ordering stuff online the Customs are going through everything now and charging way over the top tax on everything. 10-14 days in Customs and 5 days from the US.

OP YOU ARE RIGHT !

People here are talking one more time about what they don't know and trying to explain you how works the tracking system when you know it a lot better tha them.

Since 2 days it is not possible to track airmail parcels to USA and I am waiting for a reply from USPS and Thai post.

I hope it is just temporaly.

I called the USPS in the USA and said they were not aware of any problems. However, the system still does not return Thai track numbers.

Furthermore, the dispute algorithm in PayPal pings the USPS A.P.I. to check the track numbers within a dispute, gets a return of null, and are closing my PayPal disputes automatically, awarding the money to the buyers. which will ultimately raise my "unresolved disputes" level to the point where PayPal will review and / or close me. Hope is only temporary.

I called the USPS in the USA and said they were not aware of any problems. However, the system still does not return Thai track numbers.

Furthermore, the dispute algorithm in PayPal pings the USPS A.P.I. to check the track numbers within a dispute, gets a return of null, and are closing my PayPal disputes automatically, awarding the money to the buyers. which will ultimately raise my "unresolved disputes" level to the point where PayPal will review and / or close me. Hope is only temporary.

Well you should have used a proper tracking service like EMS in the first place instead of nickel and diming using the Thai Post tracking which has always been a joke.

However you are entitled to a refund of most of the cost of the goods from Thai Post if the items have been lost, but it takes a couple of months.

Paypal will not close your account as long as you refund the buyers.

Well you should have used a proper tracking service like EMS in the first place instead of nickel and diming using the Thai Post tracking which has always been a joke.

However you are entitled to a refund of most of the cost of the goods from Thai Post if the items have been lost, but it takes a couple of months.

Paypal will not close your account as long as you refund the buyers.

One more perfectly ridiculous reply.

Do yo pay EMS for $20 items ? The cheapest EMS is already $20.

Airmail tracking perfectly worked until now.

So better just try to speak about what you really know if you ever know something.

Paypal will also make problems if too many disputes are lost.

• Like 1

Hi ThaiSanookGuy,

Hope this is only temporary. It could easily end up killing PayPal accounts and making viable businesses unviable.

The suggestions about EMS are just daft and ignorant. I have profit modelled a business shipping to the States from Thai Post >> USPS with track numbers for 150 baht. EMS is not even an option.

Can't believe yours are the only sensible replies - there must be a few thousand ecommerce people / digital nomads in Thailand relying on the USPS who this is going to effect badly.

Hope it is just a glitch that will iron out after Thanksgiving.

Edited by VisaProblem
  • Like 1

If it's any consolation, Singapore Post is having similar tracking problem with USPS. I hope this will be resolved quickly...we need at least an explanation from USPS on why overseas registered parcels can no longer be tracked....and why is this happening so suddenly?

• Like 1