MOFA: German businesses keen on investing in Thailand

webfact

MOFA: German businesses keen on investing in Thailand

PNPOL571119001001401_19112014_113904.jpg

BANGKOK, 20 November 2014 (NNT) – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has reported that a group of prominent businessmen from Germany have expressed interest in increasing trade and investment in Thailand.

Deputy Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai today hosted a luncheon for over 20 German business entrepreneurs who were paying a visit to Thailand.

The operators reportedly came from various sectors, including automobile and parts, energy, chemicals, finance, electrical appliances, waste management and construction.

According to Mr Sek Wannamethee, Director-General of the Information Department and Spokesman for the Foreign Ministry, more European investors, especially those from Germany, now have confidence in the Thai economy and the potential of the Thai private sector.

Moreover, they are setting their eyes on new trade and investment channels in Thailand while also believing in the country’s ability to drive forward the ASEAN Economic Community.

Previously, the visiting business delegates paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House. During the meeting, the Thai premier clarified Thailand’s political directions as well as economic and investment promotion policies while the German entrepreneurs affirmed their willingness to boost trade and investment cooperation with the Kingdom.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-20 footer_n.gif

Tell me more , the German Chancellor has just completed a visit to OZ with the same Idea , the French President has just completed a feel good mission after Hugging a Koala , with the same Idea, so what am I saying here , this happens everywhere , so why is it always portrayed as if only this happens in Thailand , What's more German investment has been a long standing part of international investment in Thailand, so to say they are keen on investing in Thailand , you make the headline sound like they are not in Thailand , they already here , just spend a Baht at the Nike shop.. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Tell me more , the German Chancellor has just completed a visit to OZ with the same Idea , the French President has just completed a feel good mission after Hugging a Koala , with the same Idea, so what am I saying here , this happens everywhere , so why is it always portrayed as if only this happens in Thailand , What's more German investment has been a long standing part of international investment in Thailand, so to say they are keen on investing in Thailand , you make the headline sound like they are not in Thailand , they already here , just spend a Baht at the Nike shop.. coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif>

Thais are always puffing and blustering about any event that could remotely pass off as a success story. Thais long to be successful in the world theater, they thrash around, dream and project their own view on everything outside. To Thais, the outside world and outside people never take on their own true characteristics. They are merely reflections of Thais projecting their own hopes and dreams on everything outside the Thai existence.

• Like 1

These little snippets of propaganda are just a throw off to what's going on behind the scenes.

Thailand has been told by the eu and many other countries to get back to democracy ASAP so by putting out the feel good welcome mat they hope to counteract the negative outlook the world has on them .

Really who is going to plough more money into under the current conditions when there are many more attractive options in more stable countries in the asian region.

• Like 2

Seriously! They just announced the same thing from Japan last week... This is the sort of misleading hype that Thai news makes out of a simple visit by businessmen who probably got a free trip to come here.

Anybody who comes here would never tell the Gov. that they simply refuse to do business with them especially when invited to hear the Thais version of their expectations and benefits to outside companies investments. They would do the same as the Thais do. Smile and nod their heads while talking in German how crazy they would be to invest here. Leave happily and then invest elsewhere.

Some one should tell the Germans that those investment's ships have sailed away long time ago

and those trains of cheap and abundant labor have left the station 20 years or so ago,

not to mention the pay for play, drinks and massages prices has sky rocketed since,

is it still worth investing here ?..... I don't think so...

As I've said elsewhere, General Cretino does the same thing. He announces what was said to him by foreign politicians he meets. This is the worst possible violation of international protocol. From Norway to North Korea, government 'heads of state' never never never divulge their private conversations. Except, General Cretino does clueless to the offense because he himself is clueless. Cretino's personal twist is he lies about what is said to him. We would, too, actually!!

Look.......

This is just more bluster and blow and rumour-mongering to make Thailand look successful (to themselves).

Now the truth and the cold blow of reality.

No astute businessman from the west is going to consider Thailand with its bubble economy on a knife edge, and in recession.

Thailand's economy could go down the crapper at any time on several fronts. Thailand is probably among the worst places on earth to do investment at the moment.

Astute businessmen invest in stable places..... Thailand is no longer even safe to walk the streets at the moment, the country is under martial law and the place is increasingly being revealed as being ruled by a tyrannical dictatorship.

I built my business up here, and I have hardly invested a baht in it..... I pull as much money out of the country as I can and sit it in a safe place.

I am one farang that is not putting money into this place... I am removing theirs :)

How about a few statements and quotes from the Germans? Why do Thai stories always represent only the view of the Thais blustering and puffing about something the others said. Why don't they just quote specific individuals by name and organization like normal newspapers?

Why don't they just quote specific individuals by name and organization like normal newspapers?

Maybe it's because the Germans don't have a spokesman, like the guy blaming Ebola for low car production, who is willing to say something like: "Yes our enterprise is very interested in the opportunity to benefit from Thai slave labor..."

• Like 1

How about a few statements and quotes from the Germans? Why do Thai stories always represent only the view of the Thais blustering and puffing about something the others said. Why don't they just quote specific individuals by name and organization like normal newspapers?

Why don't they just quote specific individuals by name and organization like normal newspapers?

Maybe it's because the Germans don't have a spokesman, like the guy blaming Ebola for low car production, who is willing to say something like: "Yes our enterprise is very interested in the opportunity to benefit from Thai slave labor..."

The German Ambassador to Thailand recently made a speech containing similar comments. How German firms will be looking to increase investments here, how more companies will be looking to Thailand. He also pointed out that there are significant skill shortages here - but, the German's have signed an MOU with the Thai MOE to work on vocational training and qualifications.

This was all underpinned by reminding Thailand the Germany contributes significant aid to ASEAN and Thailand - not the EU but Germany.

Clear message - we, Germany give the aid, we expect it to be spent with German firms.

Wonder how that stacks with EU policy and particularly the anti bribery legislation? Spirit of the law and all that.

I thought the Germans would know better after having to reposes the Princes plane for

non payment of judgements against the Thai government over toll roads. Or something like that.

The one thing I know for sure someone on TV knows the full story. tongue.png